PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Political Correctness

I understand what he has tried to say and why he reacted the way he did. I also understand why people are reacting to what he said. For what it's worth I think he was trying to say that at that time his go to response was to pin the blame for what happened to his friend on any black male but that this response was wrong. I think he has tried to highlight how easy it can be to tarnish a group based on the actions of an individual.

I think he has just explained himself in a very poor way.

He makes a very honest admission... and you could argue that by talking openly, it's helpful - because it does shine a light on a common human trait.

But my goodness, some things are best left unsaid.

He clearly thought AND acted in an extremely racist manner - for a whole week at least (not just a 30 minute rage). For many people Schindler has massively and irreparably tarnished his reputation forever.

Now I thought he tried to explain how he felt,he could have asked the question, were they black or white? So if they had said white he would have trawled white bars? But because they were black he is a racist? He may have asked at the time, what did they look like? Answer was I don’t know, so black or white?

Personally I think he is just creating controversy (with a made up story) in the hope it will get bums on seats with his declining career.

If he really was looking for someone to kill/beat up he wouldn't have to look very far.

The post (originally) was about Political Correctness

P.C. as I call it is about achieving ‘A Liberal view’ on everyone and trying to bully everyone one else around to that point of view

Free Speech or anything said that doesn’t met that criteria is to be critized and if that doesn’t work, Banned

Of course what these people don’t realise that that is how Dictatorships of whatever colour comes about

The Russian revolution was originally an attempt at democracy, but when groups started to think that actually might happen, the Leninist and later Stalinists took over and look what happen then.

To say nothing of Germany in the 30’s and 40’s

Free speech should always be defended, if you don’t like the content, argue against it, NOT ban it, if you do, your views might be next

P.C. as I call it is about achieving ‘A Liberal view’ on everyone and trying to bully everyone one else around to that point of view

Free Speech or anything said that doesn’t met that criteria is to be critized and if that doesn’t work, Banned

Of course what these people don’t realise that that is how Dictatorships of whatever colour comes about

The Russian revolution was originally an attempt at democracy, but when groups started to think that actually might happen, the Leninist and later Stalinists took over and look what happen then.

Free speech should always be defended, if you don’t like the content, argue against it, NOT ban it, if you do, your views might be next

Yep.

There are worrying trends that have manifested themselves in society.

One is the shutting down of debate - along the lines of if you don’t agree with me you must be stupid / racist / or simply a twat. What happened to respect for other views ? Social Media has a lot to answer for on this matter , anonymity gave many a protection zone from aggressive responses - in effect a platform for for bullying. The irony is that those who demand their views be aired are often the first to shut down others.

Another almost sinister example is non platforming , not only in educational establishments but other civic bodies whose beliefs are being foisted onto others - others who become too cowed to rebel. It’s bordering on mob rule .

I really don’t know where this will end up. I do know it not good for society and is borderline reverse evolution.

There are worrying trends that have manifested themselves in society.

One is the shutting down of debate - along the lines of if you don’t agree with me you must be stupid / racist / or simply a twat. What happened to respect for other views ? Social Media has a lot to answer for on this matter , anonymity gave many a protection zone from aggressive responses - in effect a platform for for bullying. The irony is that those who demand their views be aired are often the first to shut down others.

Another almost sinister example is non platforming , not only in educational establishments but other civic bodies whose beliefs are being foisted onto others - others who become too cowed to rebel. It’s bordering on mob rule .

I really don’t know where this will end up. I do know it not good for society and is borderline reverse evolution.

We may be of a similar age so I've witnessed what you describe progressing over a good number of years.... It took an awful long time for people to realise and say " hang on a minute " and speak up. Thankfully ( even though the culprits are dug in like ticks especially in high places ) it's being turned around slowly but surely................ and long may it continue.

I suppose that opinion makes me a right wing racist thug... :)

Fuck me! Just curious about what the PC Police have banned you from saying!! ?

Excellent analysis of the Russian revolution. Are you a Menshevik? ✊

Good idea, it's probably best you not say anything about Germany in the 30's and 40's. ?

We may be of a similar age so I've witnessed what you describe progressing over a good number of years.... It took an awful long time for people to realise and say " hang on a minute " and speak up. Thankfully ( even though the culprits are dug in like ticks especially in high places ) it's being turned around slowly but surely................ and long may it continue.

Me too because I agree.

It needs a very robust backlash.

Those in high places are very comfortable with the current situation , it suits them just fine . Let’s the peasants fight it out while we forge ahead.

The more enlightened in society can see through this , especially us of a certain age / era.

I just hope the bright young things get a grip of it.

Me too because I agree.

Me too because I agree.
Soooo

Next time Anjum Choudary, or his ilk, spout there vile hatred I take it you will be championing his right to do so?

I know I wont and truth be known I dont think you 2 will either.

Fuck me! Just curious about what the PC Police have banned you from saying!! ?

Excellent analysis of the Russian revolution. Are you a Menshevik? ✊

Good idea, it's probably best you not say anything about Germany in the 30's and 40's. ?
I had to tell 11 year olds who were studying Islam that they mustn’t draw Allah or Mohammad. Today in fact.
Often when they create a revision page they use images to aid recall.
There it was in bold, black and white... ‘you must not draw allah or Mohammad pbuh’.

It is everywhere.

I had to tell 11 year olds who were studying Islam that they mustn’t draw Allah or Mohammad. Today in fact.
Often when they create a revision page they use images to aid recall.
There it was in bold, black and white... ‘you must not draw allah or Mohammad pbuh’.

It is everywhere.

To the best of my knowledge it is only forbidden within Islam to depict him or, Jesus or, any other character from bible or, koran not the law of the land. The OfSTED guidelines I have seen say "show sensitivity" towards subject.

To the best of my knowledge it is only forbidden within Islam to depict him or, Jesus or, any other character from bible or, koran not the law of the land. The OfSTED guidelines I have seen say "show sensitivity" towards subject.
I know Mer5ey well enough to know that if he says this it will be 100% fact.

Crazy IMHO.

Soooo

Next time Anjum Choudary, or his ilk, spout there vile hatred I take it you will be championing his right to do so?

I know I wont and truth be known I dont think you 2 will either.

I will. Not exactly championing but let him bang on I say........ It's only fecking halfwits that are listening.