PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Alex Neil

Ha ha , yep he's doing well , can't deny , the frustration is how well he- we could have done with a fully fit squad . Love the new site, just seen I have been awarded a trophy ???

Ha ha , yep he's doing well , can't deny , the frustration is how well he- we could have done with a fully fit squad . Love the new site
Wasn't just that it was the massive lack of signings and bolstering of a squad that finished 7th, anyway Davies and storey what a partnership is developing there wow!

Yeah agree on that , that's just going to get better and better , if we keep them

To be fair even I had a wobble at half time in the away game at Villa. My timing was shit!!!
Exactly this. At half time I was stood in the concourse at VP saying how it looked like the players weren’t interested and had stopped playing for him. That was the only time I lost faith in him and thankfully it was restored just 45 minutes later.

Exactly this. At half time I was stood in the concourse at VP saying how it looked like the players weren’t interested and had stopped playing for him. That was the only time I lost faith in him and thankfully it was restored just 45 minutes later.
I said exactly that. Cali shouted at me and then that 2nd half happened

I've never understood the criticism levelled at Neil to be honest. I really like him.

If anything my criticism was levelled at the fact, once again, we went all summer with little to no investment and had to wait for the injury Armageddon to descend before we saw any dosh. Now we're finding our form again and its just a little bit too late. That's where my frustration was coming from, not the manager.

Tad harsh, we’re the 7th top scorers with 45 goals. Going forward has been our strength for the most part this season.

Think it was Poggi who was on about us not having enough quality going forward last week as well, crazy observation imo, I gave him the same stats as you did. Even the likes of Leeds, Norwich and West Brom will fire a blank some weeks.

With a fully fit matchday squad I think we have strength in all areas and the only positions i'd highlight as potentially dodgy are the full backs, but they've been sound in the last 4 games.

Had this current team been available all season then i'm confident we'd be in the top 6 ahead of the likes of Bristol City, Derby and Boro who look bang average compared to play-off challengers in previous years.

AN: “I am enjoying my work here as much as I have ever enjoyed working at any club. I couldn’t have handpicked a club better suited to me, I think we all push in the same direction and that’s very rare nowadays.” #pnefc

this is so good to hear! and sort of what i was hinting at some focus on strengthening the link between the management and the support; as a supporter knowing that he's enjoying his role is really good to know

AN saying some very positive things about our club and specifically our fans on the back page of tonights LEP. Very good to hear.

Tad harsh, we’re the 7th top scorers with 45 goals. Going forward has been our strength for the most part this season.

Aside from 10 goals from Robinson, the midfield has contributed the most goals, with Alan Browne (midfield) and Barkhuizen (midfield) second and third top goalscorers.
Here's the quote: "The forward line has been inconsistent and inadequate (at this level), but fresh blood and returning crocks have added impetus to their attacks."
I don't believe it says that the team hasn't scored many goals?

We should count ourselves very lucky to have A.N. as our manager. It also goes to show we are an attractive club to manage. I think sometimes we underestimate our standing in this industry.

Aside from 10 goals from Robinson, the midfield has contributed the most goals, with Alan Browne (midfield) and Barkhuizen (midfield) second and third top goalscorers.
Here's the quote: "The forward line has been inconsistent and inadequate (at this level), but fresh blood and returning crocks have added impetus to their attacks."
I don't believe it says that the team hasn't scored many goals?
Browne is our leading scorer

AN: “I am enjoying my work here as much as I have ever enjoyed working at any club. I couldn’t have handpicked a club better suited to me, I think we all push in the same direction and that’s very rare nowadays.” #pnefc

Good to hear

We should count ourselves very lucky to have A.N. as our manager. It also goes to show we are an attractive club to manage. I think sometimes we underestimate our standing in this industry.

That said, criticism is not necessarily an unhealthy part of fan dialogue. For instance, but for Rudd's heroics, it could easily have been 2-2 this afternoon, regardless of a dominant display. A good finish from Barkhuizen but a couple of woeful attempts by the same player, that should have made the full 3 points safe, but which could have cost his side the points.