PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Murder in Ribbleton

Having read those posts on the Preston Police page Im very surprised they are still there. I think we need to be a little circumspect on here too.

Age fits. I have a friend in common so I'll ask my mate

It's his account............ Whether it's him writing or not is another matter........ Only a complete fuckwit would post on a police site unless they want catching.

Just been told ( emphasis ) theres a third person and the one in custody has been treated for cowbar injuries....................... Social media eh?

Think I'll butt out of this one until more comes to light.
Yep it will all come out in the end, just very very tragic.

I hope that doesn't turn out to be what I think it means................. Maybe I'm overaecting but the phrase " I'm sorry but there's nothing we can do until a crime is committed " springs to mind.

Very sorry if I've misinterpreted.
From what i gather, this guy Ben had previous with abusing ex girlfriends. The family or Rosie i'm not sure, had concerns about him so Rosie went to the police to ask for information on him under the 'Sarah's Law' ruling. Is that where you can ask if a partner has criminal convictions for abusive violence? Anyhow the police didn't get back to her so i think that is the issue. I'm only picking up bits of info so who knows what is true and what isn't.

I hope the impact on her little boy of so much violence is dealt with. That poor little soul would have seen so much. Having said that, although I didn’t know Rosie personally, I have read what an upbeat and happy girl she was, hopefully that touched her son more deeply. God bless him anyway, I hope his young life gets blessed for many years to come.
The grandmother and Rosie's twin sisters are looking after the little boy. He knows his Mummy has gone and that she didn't want to leave him. Think they've told him a 'bad man' was involved. Think the Police support unit have said you have to be as truthful as possible, but tactful with it. Heartbreaking ?

From what i gather, this guy Ben had previous with abusing ex girlfriends. The family or Rosie i'm not sure, had concerns about him so Rosie went to the police to ask for information on him under the 'Sarah's Law' ruling. Is that where you can ask if a partner has criminal convictions for abusive violence? Anyhow the police didn't get back to her so i think that is the issue. I'm only picking up bits of info so who knows what is true and what isn't.

But with police cutbacks they surely are on a hiding to nothing, they are expected to be there for everyone but I can’t see how it’s possible. I’m not attacking or defending the police , but you can’t get a quart out of a pint pot.

How the hell they prioritise these things I’ve no idea.

But I’m sure there are a lot of women in similar threatening situations.

But with police cutbacks they surely are on a hiding to nothing, they are expected to be there for everyone but I can’t see how it’s possible. I’m not attacking or defending the police , but you can’t get a quart out of a pint pot.

How the hell they prioritise these things I’ve no idea.

But I’m sure there are a lot of women in similar threatening situations.

I'll be surprised if you don't get an interesting reaction to that because the money always miraculously appears for " important " stuff....

I've just had a look at that Sarahs Law and it doesn't seem apt in this case. It's the right to find out whether someone living on your street has been convicted of child sex offences or rape,. It doesn't say anything about violence to partners. So unless Rosie had been told that Ben had raped his ex partners, not sure how it could apply here. Also the police will respond within 45 days which means they probably would still be within that timescale seeing as she only started seeing him in December.

I've just had a look at that Sarahs Law and it doesn't seem apt in this case. It's the right to find out whether someone living on your street has been convicted of child sex offences or rape,. It doesn't say anything about violence to partners. So unless Rosie had been told that Ben had raped his ex partners, not sure how it could apply here. Also the police will respond within 45 days which means they probably would still be within that timescale seeing as she only started seeing him in December.
Think Jane's Law is the appropriate one in this situation

Paddy.... Could you please tell me how to PM on this new set up? Thanks.

Patrick hasn't replied so.....

To the right of your user name is an envelope icon. Click on this. Click on start conversations. That should do you :)

Hope when this cowardly c u n t gets life it really means life, spending his years being someone’s bitch and hopefully getting the shit kicked out of him on a daily basis.:mad:

From what I’ve heard her injuries were absolutely horrifying, such a shame.

RIP :(

The grandmother and Rosie's twin sisters are looking after the little boy. He knows his Mummy has gone and that she didn't want to leave him. Think they've told him a 'bad man' was involved. Think the Police support unit have said you have to be as truthful as possible, but tactful with it. Heartbreaking ?

Thank you Aitch. I feel so sorry for Rosie’s family, I don’t know how they are getting through each day I can’t even begin to imagine their pain.

Poor girl, whilst its all speculation and hearsay if she was killed with a crowbar then that indicates the offender must have carried it with him and not just picked it up randomly if you see what i mean. Poor little one growing up without a mum. Bless.