PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Emiliano Sala (New Cardiff striker)

As distasteful as it was, it is not a criminal offence being an idiot.

Yet.

I agree. I find it worrying actually.

They'll dress it up as potential incitement or something... but the bottom line is the bloke is indeed an idiot... and there will always be idiots.

For me, the right punishment would be something like a month's ban from St. Mary's by the club - assuming it's a first 'offence'. Enough to send a message.

You've clearly picked up on, noticed and kept up with the death of Emiliano Sala, how long would the headline "David Ibbotson dead" have kept you engaged. His life is no less valuable hence him being mentioned in every news story I've seen but lamenting the fact that a well known person's death gets more coverage than a normal persons death seems pretty stupid, it's the way of the world, people want to know about footballers, musicians, actors etc more than they do about normal people.
He wasn't a well known person ,that's the point.

Interesting and nice to see that Kylian Mbappe has given £27K to the fund to help find the pilot's body.

I have a PPL but I wouldn’t have attempted that flight in a single engine plane, about 160 miles over open water. Too many risk factors. There’s a chance of engine failure, and disorientation over a large expanse of open water. Didn’t Sala tweet about his lack of confidence in the quality of the plane? I’d have flown further up the French coast and crossed the Channel at a narrower point. It would have taken longer but would have been much safer.

I have a PPL but I wouldn’t have attempted that flight in a single engine plane, about 160 miles over open water. Too many risk factors. There’s a chance of engine failure, and disorientation over a large expanse of open water. Didn’t Sala tweet about his lack of confidence in the quality of the plane? I’d have flown further up the French coast and crossed the Channel at a narrower point. It would have taken longer but would have been much safer.

In daylight.

I agree Kathryn. But I'm sure you know how Cessna get their aircraft from where they are manufactured in the USA to their customers in Africa. Kansas, one stop, Bermuda, Azores, Portugal etc etc. The Bermuda /Azores segment must be 1,800 miles with nothing but water below. That's confidence in their product!

I agree Kathryn. But I'm sure you know how Cessna get their aircraft from where they are manufactured in the USA to their customers in Africa. Kansas, one stop, Bermuda, Azores, Portugal etc etc. The Bermuda /Azores segment must be 1,800 miles with nothing but water below. That's confidence in their product!

The Cessna 172, which I flew, only has a range of just under 900nm. The best route to Africa from Wichita would be the North Atlantic route. Even then, they would have to remove the rear seat and replace it with an additional fuel tank for the Greenland to Iceland leg.

The Cessna 172, which I flew, only has a range of just under 900nm. The best route to Africa from Wichita would be the North Atlantic route. Even then, they would have to remove the rear seat and replace it with an additional fuel tank for the Greenland to Iceland leg.

I meant the Cessna Caravan. Sorry!

I'm sure I read it is Emiliano's funeral today back in his homeland. Neil Warnock is attending. Well done to him.

Apparently Cardiff City are claiming that, because a technicality (I think something like Sala's registration with the Premier League not having been fully completed) the transfer contract is not valid.

Not a very gentlemanly thing to do IMO !

Its easy for me to say but why cant Cardiff and Nantes come to a 50/50 arrangement......

Instead of Cardiff paying the full £15M, they pay £7.5M

Apparently Cardiff City are claiming that, because a technicality (I think something like Sala's registration with the Premier League not having been fully completed) the transfer contract is not valid.

Not a very gentlemanly thing to do IMO !

Makes a mockery of Cardiff's continued outpouring of grief. Shrines, banners, tribute after tribute, players wearing shirts with his name on etc

Now basically saying, he had f*ck all to do with us