PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Preston Market Development

Drew blocking you has bugger all to do with this, he's had you blocked for years after you yelled abuse at him in a pub in Port Vale when he'd come along for the evening with me, my hubby and his wife.
Oh and isnt it true that Mr Gale blocked you several years ago after an incident when you were behaving like a nob at Port Vale Andy?
I hope you're right. But I'll believe it when it's actually happening. There was nothing like this when the market canopy was being redeveloped, it was simply done as was the bus station bar a slight change in design.

I haven't made this political at all but please don't think Cuerden was anything more than a Labour LCC fuck up that was buried until after they lost power. The officer who made a mess of everything was employed by Labour and quit under Labour to go and work for..... the people who own the land that is, or was, being developed on. IKEA pulled out when they realised they were being asked to put more money into the scheme than originally agreed and there was nothing anyone could do in to stop them. Once again Lancashire pays for a Labour mess.

As for Gale I've been able to see his FB and Twitter comments until very recently. Both him and Rawlinson have been blocking folk left, right and centre inc former PCC councillors who are questioning Rawlinson's comments. They clearly realised Rawlinson has fucked up majorly and are desperately trying to backtrack.
Drew blocking you has bugger all to do with this, he's had you blocked for years after you yelled abuse at him in a pub in Port Vale when he'd come along for the evening with me, my hubby and his wife.
You see Mr Saville, I gave you ample chance to back off, yet you chose to be the wannabe big man Tory, which is and now youve been made to look a total fool.

Trying to score points against a council that against all the odds and massive cutbacks isnt a good look at all.

I doubt its a very big issue, we had similar with the new chorley cinema development. all now well under construction.

the problem for so many retailers is the financial climate right now. Nothing sinister its just how it is.

Its more to do with consumer spending habits than anything , online shopping is killing the high street , along with poor parking , high rates etc , if you have a shop now and its not a "destination shop" with multiple things to do , it wont work ,

Sign of the times, sadly. Im not sure Id want to invest in any project right now either. Look at Ikea at Cuerden, for example.

Countries in a not too good place right now.
Ikea have pulled out because all their new traditional large style stores have failed, their model is moving towards smaller and more central stores with heavy internet click and collect than out of town.

Ikea have pulled out because all their new traditional large style stores have failed, their model is moving towards smaller and more central stores with heavy internet click and collect than out of town.
thanks for that, makes sense.

thanks for that, makes sense.
Everyone always wants to point a finger of blame, when these big projects that take years to bring forward the risk is the market changes. Thats just business life.

In regard to the cinema I know there's been issues but someone is ready to step in if they haven't already. I'm having dinner with him on Wednesday in London so I'll ask!

Everyone always wants to point a finger of blame, when these big projects that take years to bring forward the risk is the market changes. Thats just business life.

In regard to the cinema I know there's been issues but someone is ready to step in if they haven't already. I'm having dinner with him on Wednesday in London so I'll ask!
Excellent. Will you also ask him to sort out the price of pick and mix, it's bloody scandalous!

Having looked at opening a cinema I now understand the reason for the bloody cost of popcorn, the film distributors take all the cash!
Am I correct in thinking that it wont actually be a cinema company that will b building the unit but more of a developer who will then lease it to a cinema compay?

Having looked at opening a cinema I now understand the reason for the bloody cost of popcorn, the film distributors take all the cash!
I believe so. They make their money from the selling of food and drink. If you get the popcorn and drinks, then it’s almost as much as the ticket cost.

If they've failed then they don't know what they're doing because I'm sure everyone will agree that when you go they're always absolutely packed.