PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Greg Cunningham

BAJPNE

Dropped from the whole Cardiff squad yesterday, clear to see he’s not quite up to it in the Premier League. If Cardiff stay up he will surely be available:

Would you take him back?

Do you think we could get him back?

BAJ

Weve moved on now. Im not one for wanting ex players back. I think with Hughes and Earl were quite well covered in that area now.

Kathryn is Bob on here.

Sure he seemed happy enough here overall, but no reason why he would walk away from those wages of his now.

If he leaves Cardiff then we won't be in the running, he will go to a Forest or West Brom who will give him £20k a week without batting an eyelid.

Would I have him back? 100%, is it a possibility? 0% unless it's a loan deal.

He hasn’t looked out of place when I’ve seen Cardiff on TV. Perhaps he’s upset NW in some other way?

Would have him back in a heartbeat. As said, he wouldn’t drop back to our level or pay. He is better than we can offer

Hard to fit everyone on a bench, full backs are often expendable- we're not getting shut of Rafferty despite him not making our bench, after all.

Cunningham is probably our best left back of the modern era, and quite possibly even bests the likes of Davidson/Hill who served us so admirably during previous play off campaigns at this level. Our squad was made significantly weaker on his departure.

I would have Cunningham back here in a heartbeat...if it was even remotely possible, which it surely isn't. There is no way he'd forgo the tens of thousands a week he'll be on at Cardiff to revert back to his sub 10k p/w PNE wage, and who can blame him? If we were to have any chance of getting him back it would surely have to be on loan, though even that is highly unlikely IMO.

In a word, no.

He's gone, we move on. Plus, we're well stocked in that position with Hughes and Earl.

In a word YES
Doubt if will happen though as Cardiff would want to recoup much of what they paid us for him, wages would be a problem too I imagine

In a word, no.

He's gone, we move on. Plus, we're well stocked in that position with Hughes and Earl.

Just realised there was two questions.

Would I take him back? Yes, of course.

Do I think we can get him back? No, and like kingpne said, I think LB is strong enough for us now so it probably wouldn't be something the club would do.

He could open a sports shop in Church Street .....................................oops wrong Cunningham :)
Was that his in the old St Johns shopping centre in the mid 70s or was that Spavin's & Kelly's. Think they had one in Lancaster as well

Surprised some people wouldn’t have him back, he was probably the best left back in the league over the course of 3 seasons. He’d definitely make us a better team

I like Andy Hughes though, think after a rocky start he’s looking more consistent by the game.

Also no chance he walks away from a PL contract