PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

PNE youth team thread for 2018/19 season

Further comments about the 1974 youth photo ...
Sedds has a set of twitter responses here :

This fills in a few gaps. Dick = Ian Cochrane
'me' = John Smith i.e. SLC on twitter

An interview with John is here :
Interesting stories.

Been trying to get more information about Tom Stead's loan to Kendal Town. Here's what I have so far :

Brief match reports can be found here (but not lineups) :

I found team sheets for the last two games here :
and also here

These confirm that Stead played no. 6 in two games on 9,16 Feb.

Left-sided centre-back. Over to the thread regulars for that...

As an aside, this club is in the middle of a mini-revolt. The independent supporters association is very keen for the club to accept a takeover offer.

There's some friction.

Also, that second team sheet indicates that Stead was captain.

Epsilon,, Stead was a CB for most of his youth career bt usually the right side.
On occasions when he has played in bounce games or lancashire cup games under Neil he was used as a RB....

so left CB is unusual,,,,, beyond that I cant comment.

Thanks sports, I also thought the lad was right-sided.

Obviously he's being trusted on the left side now, but also as captain.

And, if he did get injured at Ashton Utd, it seems he got over that. I may post an update in a month or so...

✍️ | James Cottam has joined
@BacupBoro
on work experience.

The #PNEU18 goalkeeper made his first appearance for the Borough in last night’s match against AFC Liverpool.

Best of luck,
@JamesCottam4

PNE Academy
@pnefcacademy
·
21 Feb
??????? | Congratulations to
@coulton_lewis
on earning his maiden international call-up with #SCO16s for their matches against Denmark, Albania and Malta! ?

Well deserved for the 15-year-old who has broken into the #PNEU18 side this season. ⭐️

PNE Academy
@pnefcacademy
·
1h
It's matchday! ?

Having just played once in the last three weeks, #PNEU18 today face
@academyftfc
in the first of five matches in the same time frame! ?

Kick-off is 10.30am
@UCLanArena
– let us know if you're coming down to support the boys! ?‍♂️?‍♀️

PNE Academy
@pnefcacademy
·
15s
FT: #PNEU18 2-0
@academyftfc

A goal in each half, from Adam O'Reilly and then Darren Brannigan, gives the Lilywhites the three points today! ?

PNE Academy
@pnefcacademy
·
15s
FT: #PNEU18 2-0
@academyftfc

A goal in each half, from Adam O'Reilly and then Darren Brannigan, gives the Lilywhites the three points today! ?
Many thanks for the updates llanroc. Do you know what possition we are in the league? Thanks

We are currently 5th in the league. Current situation after today’s games:
  1. Wigan played 16 points 44
  2. Rochdale played 17 points 35
  3. Blackpool played 20 points 32
  4. Bury played 17 points 31
  5. Preston played 18 points 30
  6. Fleetwood played 17 points 26

Wigan are absolutely storming it, however they actually drew today 1-1 against Tranmere Rovers. Rochdale lost today 4-2 against Morecambe and Blackpool lost 4-2 against Bury. We won against the team immediately below us in the league. Next up for us Rochdale away next Saturday,

We are currently 5th in the league. Current situation after today’s games:
  1. Wigan played 16 points 44
  2. Rochdale played 17 points 35
  3. Blackpool played 20 points 32
  4. Bury played 17 points 31
  5. Preston played 18 points 30
  6. Fleetwood played 17 points 26
Wigan are absolutely storming it, however they actually drew today 1-1 against Tranmere Rovers. Rochdale lost today 4-2 against Morecambe and Blackpool lost 4-2 against Bury. We won against the team immediately below us in the league. Next up for us Rochdale away next Saturday,
Many thanks Vesuvius, much appreciated (y)

Will be a tough game next week. From what I can recall Rochdale are a big physical team and the group tend to struggle against 'that type of team'

I watched certain parts of the game yesterday as I had the kids with me and certainly wasn't the most entertaining of games but the boys ground out a win. I thought Lincoln was the stand out player from what I saw. They certainly lack a leader but hopefully having Armour available soon will help that.

From what I have seen this year the league positions are about right with Wigan at a different level.

Looking forward to getting to know next year's group and how they perform. From what I have seen so far I think Coulton is a winger and not a LB

Match report here. For some reason or other it won’t let me copy/paste the report.

Will be a tough game next week. From what I can recall Rochdale are a big physical team and the group tend to struggle against 'that type of team'

I watched certain parts of the game yesterday as I had the kids with me and certainly wasn't the most entertaining of games but the boys ground out a win. I thought Lincoln was the stand out player from what I saw. They certainly lack a leader but hopefully having Armour available soon will help that.

From what I have seen this year the league positions are about right with Wigan at a different level.

Looking forward to getting to know next year's group and how they perform. From what I have seen so far I think Coulton is a winger and not a LB

Plays as CB for Lancs as well as LFB & LW............ no idea where Scotland will play him !

Result from today’s game:

Rochdale 1-4 PNE

PNE conceded in the 4th minute but came from behind to win 4-1.

I had planned on going to this game until I realised it was being played at Staleybridge. I wish I’d made the effort now.

PNE Academy
@pnefcacademy
·
17m
FT:
@RochdaleAcademy
1-4 #PNEU18.

Back-to-back wins for the boys with a fantastic display this morning at Bower Fold!

A brace for Darren Brannigan with
@Adam_o_reilly
and Jerome Jolly also on target. Well done, lads! ?

When I looked at the away team sheet, there were 2 family names shown in the technical area.....namely Chris Brown and Tony Ellis.