PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Stabbing at Runshaw College.

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
Seeing reports that a machete may be involved, just twitter rumours so far although there is a Police presence there right now.

Wow, the world is turning into a scary place when someone arms themselves with a machette...

D01VkR1WwAcXOx3

The LEP is saying that it was a knife........ either way, it's very very scary.

People just pull out knives at the drop of the hat these days.. if you are going to fight use your fists

Just spoken with my lad. Rumour is it was a car with lads involved. Don't know if they were the perpetrators. As I say, rumours. Sounds like there's more to it than just a fall out between students.

Scary, seems like a few kids out there don’t seem to realise that actions have consequences or they just don’t care. What the hell is going on in their heads?

If that's the guideline, I'd love to know how many times the maximum sentence has been applied. It certainly doesn't seem to be acting as a deterrent.
The deterrent is the possibility of getting caught but we have a Prime minister who doesnt feel the cutting of 21k Police is in any way relevant

The deterrent is the possibility of getting caught but we have a Prime minister who doesnt feel the cutting of 21k Police is in any way relevant

More police on the street will not stop these random, senseless knife crimes. Much harsher sentences will go some way to doing so.

More police on the street will not stop these random, senseless knife crimes. Much harsher sentences will go some way to doing so.
More police would mean more people being searched. There would be a higher risk of being caught which would serve as a deterrent.

More police would mean more people being searched. There would be a higher risk of being caught which would serve as a deterrent.
Sorry, disagree. Might help inner city but Runshaw College and the likes? Knife crime is a cancer and it's spreading. There will never be enough police.