PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Stabbing at Runshaw College.

2 examples given on use of violence. Glad it worked for you both.

However when it comes to the real shits, like detention/exclusion etc it doesnt work.

When i was at school it was always the same kids (Shits) stood outside the heads office waiting for their customary beating. Same kids over and over again.

I cant say all, because Im not still in contact with all, but the same kids who used to stand in the corridor went on in life to stand in the dock at court, often for crimes of violence.

I would say quite a few of us probably did stupid things when we were growing up, then it was probably alcohol related, now its drugs

I agree with some posters, that Corporal Punishment, to a degree, never did much harm, in more adult life perhaps ONE ‘light’ sentence or probation might be enough to change ways for the better.

But if not society has to protect itself even at the cost of someone’s individual freedom, so I agree if you are found guilty a second time, a very long prison sentence should be the norm.

If this means more cost in building and maintain prisons, so be it

I repeat Society has to protect itself, sorry snowflakes but for some being taken out of society is the only thing that works for the safety of the rest of us and our children

No I was a Fulwood boy Walton.... Cuthbert Mayne as it was called at the time.
Same school as myself. Left in 85.

Wankers ??? Cadley Primary and then Fulwood High for me. Left in 77. Never got caned at Fulwood but remember a teacher called Mr Berry at Cadley. He had a stick he called “the tickler”, had that across my hands a couple of times. Strangely, far from disliking him. He was my favourite teacher at Primary school

Sod CORPORAL punishment, its CAPITAL punishment these school kids need. They'll not go on to commit further crimes then, will they? Personally, I'd recommend the electric chair. No!, I mean the guillotine. That'll teach em.

How about an electric guillotine? I might patent that. Will make doubly certain of death... and cauterise the neck wounds at the same time, so stopping blood going everywhere.

Interesting debate about 'violence begets violence' when it comes to corporal punishment. Maybe I'm getting old and cantankerous, but I'd be prepared to listen to discussions on that again. Not at all sure about it - but something has got to change. You could even open the debate about birching for adult criminals. It would, IMO, provide a much bigger deterrent than a few weeks in a young offenders' institution or jail. But there are downsides too!

Wankers ??? Cadley Primary and then Fulwood High for me. Left in 77. Never got caned at Fulwood but remember a teacher called Mr Berry at Cadley. He had a stick he called “the tickler”, had that across my hands a couple of times. Strangely, far from disliking him. He was my favourite teacher at Primary school
We are of similar vintage HC... I went to St Anthony's and then Cuthbert Mayne - I left in 76.

I guess you must have lived locally then ??

After attending St Bernards junior school for half a term I went on to St Edmund Campions for a term. The PE teacher was infamous for his slipper tirade and Mr Kilner in art had a leather strap I was well used to...Though he turned out to be a inspirational teacher I never forgot......I turned out a well balanced young man, just a chip on each shoulder ( sic )....

Yeah but! You didn’t have a beautiful blonde Miss Robinson who took English and as a bonus took the girls for PE. ;)

We are of similar vintage HC... I went to St Anthony's and then Cuthbert Mayne - I left in 76.

I guess you must have lived locally then ??

I lived on Ainslie Road as a kid, my mum still does now. Off Lythdm are, right round the corner from The Plungy,

How about an electric guillotine? I might patent that. Will make doubly certain of death... and cauterise the neck wounds at the same time, so stopping blood going everywhere.

Interesting debate about 'violence begets violence' when it comes to corporal punishment. Maybe I'm getting old and cantankerous, but I'd be prepared to listen to discussions on that again. Not at all sure about it - but something has got to change. You could even open the debate about birching for adult criminals. It would, IMO, provide a much bigger deterrent than a few weeks in a young offenders' institution or jail. But there are downsides too!

Well when they had the Birch in the Isle of Man I wonder how many of those that had it went back for a second dose?

Not many I suspect

I got full on punched in the stomach by my teacher (woman) when I was 7yr old. About 1991/92 ish.

My crime? Saying that I had stomach ache.

She said I'll give you stomach ache, and gave me a manny pacquiao in the solar plexus. ?

I know I fuck around a lot on here, but this is genuinely absolutely truthful.

2 examples given on use of violence. Glad it worked for you both.

However when it comes to the real shits, like detention/exclusion etc it doesnt work.

When i was at school it was always the same kids (Shits) stood outside the heads office waiting for their customary beating. Same kids over and over again.

I cant say all, because Im not still in contact with all, but the same kids who used to stand in the corridor went on in life to stand in the dock at court, often for crimes of violence.

Make it 3........I was there in the corridor regularly and didn't move on to a future of violence ( apart from at football haha).............................. You've read far too many brainwashing leaflets and been on too many courses...Everyones different and corporal punishment was admittedly useless on some but how many zillions more did it actually prevent from overstepping the mark just by it's presence/existence?.............. Loads, especially the cowards that now seem to have a free reign to do what they want without fear of anything other than winning a bloody court case for being assaulted for being manhandled a bit roughly?........ Dudleys have a lot to answer for and should take a big portion of responsibility for todays free range empty heads who know they can't be touched....imho

I got full on punched in the stomach by my teacher (woman) when I was 7yr old. About 1991/92 ish.

My crime? Saying that I had stomach ache.

She said I'll give you stomach ache, and gave me a manny pacquiao in the solar plexus. ?

I know I fuck around a lot on here, but this is genuinely absolutely truthful.

And there lies the problem.

Once corporal punishment is legitimised we loose control of its delivery. Back in the 70 s some of the teachers at our Secondary Modern were borderline psychotic bullies- any excuse to dish out a beating.

I ve seen totally innocent kids take a whack and one particular female teacher used to physically punish kids for not eating every scrap of their school dinner - god help you if you landed on her table at dinner time ( we used to calculate the queue numbers to avoid this).

One kid was taken back to her office for a punishment despite eating most of the carrots ( which he detested) and he puked the lot up all over the bitch.

Rumour had it she was kicked out of the Gestapo for cruelty - nasty piece of work.