PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

MLB 2019

jcfartpants

Chief Anal Acoustician
Patron
Howdy y'all......it's that time again.....don your caps and cheer the As all the way to the World Series :D

The As haven't had a bad off season roster wise. Our starting roster last year wasn't great though we have retained Mike Fiers. Marco Estrada is an addition - no doubt he'll have a great year after leaving the Jays!!! Bullpen is pretty strong and we'll need it like we did last year.

Major loss for us is Jed Lowrie who is practically an OAP but had a great year last year and got signed for 2 years $20m by the Mets. He's been replaced by Jurickson Profar who's pretty good and young.

Also lost catcher Jonathan Lucroy which could prove to be critical as he was a leader.

Retained Khris Davis on a one year $16m contract - the most the As have ever shelled out for one season, but he is one of the best DHs in the league. Hopefully they will sign him for a multi-year contract.

1B Matt Olson and 3B Matt Chapman both won Golden Gloves last seasons - they are both young. Quite how the As held on to them, esp Chapman, I don't know.

Marco Estrada is an addition - no doubt he'll have a great year after leaving the Jays!!!

Probably :D!! Keep him healthy (plenty of California sunshine) and he'll give you lots of innings. If that rain and fog from the Bay gets into him you're screwed - his back will seize up.

I have to say that this is the weakest AL east I have seen a few years. Yanks and Red Sox will be fighting it out. The rays may sneak a wild card, but I doubt it.

When, officially, do you think the Jays will be ruled out of contention? I'll go with sometime in July as I'm an inveterate pessimist and have been since 1993 :)!

Spring Training Latest OK it means bugger all but at least Essex can be happy for once!

Grapefruit League
Yankees 9-6 .600
Blue Jays 9-7 .563
Os are 9-8 .529
Red Sox bottom on 6-11 .353

Cactus League
As 10-8 .556

Hold on a minute, I've just been checking the fixtures and it appears that the first league games are on Wednesday 20th. That's this Weds? It was last day in March last year, they must be putting in extra rest days. I haven't even bought my MLB subscription yet!!!

Edit, I'm talking shit. It is March 28th. One day earlier than last season.

Hold on a minute, I've just been checking the fixtures and it appears that the first league games are on Wednesday 20th. That's this Weds? It was last day in March last year, they must be putting in extra rest days. I haven't even bought my MLB subscription yet!!!

Edit, I'm talking shit. It is March 28th. One day earlier than last season.

That is correct :)!!

When does the season go on until ?

I am going to Boston in mid September and I would love to take in a game at Fenway Park.... I have been past it about a dozen times ( when I have been in the USA on business ) but this time it is for pleasure..