PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Pullis

survey

What a Pratt. I'm not sure if he's moaning that Atayla wasn't the last man or not. But rest assured if Pearson had tackled like that he'd have been red carded two footed and foot up. Definitely a foul

As a fan I love to see challenges like this. But, if you're sending Pearson off when he does it, then a rare moment of consistency is very welcome.

We have been the victim of this new rule way more than we have benefited from it. About time things balanced up a bit.

What a Pratt. I'm not sure if he's moaning that Atayla wasn't the last man or not. But rest assured if Pearson had tackled like that he'd have been red carded two footed and foot up. Definitely a foul
That was how I saw it too . Until recently it wouldn't even have been a free kick , but under the new rule it was a red .

If you look at where the rest of the Boro players were, Ayala was the last man. They had players close, but still behind Barker and wouldn’t have got to him before he got a shot off etc. The challenge probably looked worse than it was, but it still could have been season ending had he fully connected.

So the recklessness and the last man make it a clear red. Pulis can have no complaints other than his players not putting their chances away.

On most occasions it's good to have a balanced view, unfortunately you appear to be unaware that Pulis is the exception, he is a self opinionated biased dick of the highest order and according to all modern thinking has to be awarded no slack whatever.
Make a note and don't do it again.
AN agrees with him.

"If the rule is if you win the ball it's not a sending-off, then the lad certainly won the ball. If the rule is dependent on how quickly you go into the ball, how high your foot is and a whole host of other things, then you could understand why it might be a sending-off.

"If I was Middlesbrough I'd be really disappointed, but naturally for us I'm pleased."

Doesn't look good in this still to be fair, certainly can't be in control while in mid-air

D1k0bEAWwAAOxiI.jpg

All about the follow through to be fair, was a good challenge in my book but the rules are soft now so can't argue with the decision.

Let's hope we all remember this tackle the next time Pearson is sent off for a similar one.

For me, I'd have been disappointed if our player was sent off for that, and watching it at the time I didn't immediately think a red card was coming. It affected the game of course, but the main thing that affected the game was that we scored from the free kick. Even at 11 a side I think we'd have gone on to win.

Doesn't look good in this still to be fair, certainly can't be in control while in mid-air

D1k0bEAWwAAOxiI.jpg

All about the follow through to be fair, was a good challenge in my book but the rules are soft now so can't argue with the decision.

Great photo SF.

And I agree entirely. Not a sending off a few years back... but it is now. Pearson would have been crucified by loads of people on here if he'd made that tackle.

It was also the momentum, he was travelling like an Exocet missile, he could have done serious damage.

D1k0bEAWwAAOxiI.jpg

Can’t figure out how to upload a photo, but if you wind the video on slightly you see Ayala,s outstretched foot catch Barker, Ayala takes the ball fractions of a second after with his crotch/trailing leg.

That photo makes it very clear 'both feet are off the ground'.....whether its a two footed or one footed tackle is irrelevant, he has left the ground with both feet and that is deemed reckless these days.....

Whether you get the ball or not is as good is irrelevant now.

From the FA website....

"SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."

So, you can get the ball but if the ref thinks that its in a way that endangers safety then its a foul. Like it or not, that's the way it is at the moment.

Two feet, slightly off the ground, coming in at a fair pace...you can see why it was a red.

Let’s see if they challenge the sending off if they do it will be upheld . Pulis can say what he wants nowadays it’s a red ask Pearson