PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 autho

Utterly shameful that youre happy, perhaps unfair to say happy, maybe willing to see those who are already struggling big time to pushed out onto the streets for little more than some ideological bollocks.

Thats what shameful about this whole thing. Those who will be barely affected willing to see others suffer for their ideology.

Other than maybe tightening a few hatches it will barely affect me but FFS theres going to be millions who will suffer massively by this short/medium financial downturn.

Like I said. Come back in 5 years after we've remained and there will still be hardship for many, possibly even worse if the EU has gone tits up. There will also be the harsh reality that these people have no real say.

Sadly, I see all of those things everyday, hence my opposition to the EU. It is causing untold misery and suffering to countless people, usually those least able to bear the burden - the poor, the disabled, the sick, women, the old, and the young.

I understand that you believe that, on balance, it is still better to hold your nose and remain - that's a fair argument.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I find it callous when people extol the virtues of the EU, and claim that it protects human rights, workers' rights, and the environment when it clearly does not. How distasteful do you think it is when people claim that it is all our fault, or even claim that the EU is doing us a favour? Sadly, these are things I see everyday, with people failing to realise the hurt that they can cause when they fail to see the faults within the organisation or try to justify its every action.

Sadly, it is a case of shit and shitter :(
Whatever happened to the million refugees who landed in Greece?
If we have no deal do you get the chance to keep your freedom of movement and right to find work anywhere in the EU.
#justaskin

Like I said. Come back in 5 years after we've remained and there will still be hardship for many, possibly even worse if the EU has gone tits up. There will also be the harsh reality that these people have no real say.
The hardship for those at the bottom will continue, in or out of the EU, whilst our nation CHOOSES to keep the Tories in power.

Beca
They negotiated a transition deal, tweaked it and agreed it with the Tory govt or, we can walk away ourselves, why that is the fault of the eu is beyond me.
You may have thought we would have as good a deal as staying in but, that was a Tory lie you bought, not me.
Because if they hadn't gone back on their word to Cameron in 2016 then he would have a stronger hand and we probably would have remained anyway. How far back do you want to go in the blame game?

They are uneducated and like suffering. :rolleyes:
Oh yeh I forgot.

I must remember how dim they are and how without the eu they would be so much worse off, I don’t know how exactly, but boy they will lose all the stuff that they haven’t got.....apparently.......but that’s the governments fault.

These remainers are bonkers.

I just don't get why people can't see it.

As for Europe. The ECB recommenced quantitative easing the other day because the German economy is as good as in recession. They essentially just turned the printers back on at the money factory! They only switched them off after 5 years at Christmas.

But we'll be OK if we stay in the EU!!!!

Utter short-sighted bollocks!

It is quite interesting that some people still have faith in the model, despite pretty clear evidence it isn't working.

My starting position is that I believe that pluralism and democratic accountability are the foundations of Europes modern prosperity. So a system were I cannot remove the leadership is simply a non starter for me. You don't have to look too far to find countries that don't enshrine the basic democratic principles are generally more corrupt and the divide between rich and poor is off the scale massive.

At one point we had a degree of agreement on here that the EU needed real reform and the current EU model with the failing Euro Wasnt working but that all ended with the referendum.

History records that many people remained committed to the Soviet Union right up to its falling apart. Their ideological commitment overuled their ability to recognnise it wasn't working and acknowledge its failings.

Oh yeh I forgot.

I must remember how dim they are and how without the eu they would be so much worse off, I don’t know how exactly, but boy they will lose all the stuff that they haven’t got.....apparently.......but that’s the governments fault.

These remainers are bonkers.
Quick question for you.

Is Jeremy Corbyn an antisemite?

They negotiated a transition deal, tweaked it and agreed it with the Tory govt or, we can walk away ourselves, why that is the fault of the eu is beyond me.
You may have thought we would have as good a deal as staying in but, that was a Tory lie you bought, not me.

I m talking about the EU being at fault pre June 2016.

If they hadn’t hijacked what is essentially a good idea and turned it into an unaccountable , bureaucratic, self serving , federal driven shambles - then we would all be happy and Brexit wouldn’t even have been mentioned.

Incidentally I haven’t bought any Tory lie , I m not a Tory anyway- I can think for myself without politicians chatting shit.

I vote leave for reasons given above.

I m talking about the EU being at fault pre June 2016.

If they hadn’t hijacked what is essentially a good idea and turned it into an unaccountable , bureaucratic, self serving , federal driven shambles - then we would all be happy and Brexit wouldn’t even have been mentioned.

Incidentally I haven’t bought any Tory lie , I m not a Tory anyway- I can think for myself without politicians chatting shit.

I vote leave for reasons given above.

And I vote Labour because I believe my MP sincerely wants to look after his constituents and his constituency.

But because I want to see the country honour a plebiscite I didn't even take part in that makes me the devil incarnate - apparently.

Protect democracy. Too many here thinking that the enemy of their enemy is automatically their friend. Extremely naïve!

I knew that you thought that but...............

Why do so many of the people, working class people, those at the bottom believe he is?
Ok.

Anyway, I’ll ask again. What has any of that got to do with the eu?