PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Stockley and Moult

I like Maguire, Moult and Stockley and they all offer different qualities/options. Nmecha has also grown on me, and it’s all about getting the best out of them.

What AN needs to do is find a way/system to WIN games at home. We’ve drawn far too many games at home which probably stretches back over 4 years. We’ve got our away form sorted, so we probably need to be more attack minded at home. I know it leaves us open to counter attacks, but we need to find a way of winning home games and making Deepdale a fortress.

I like Maguire, Moult and Stockley and they all offer different qualities/options. Nmecha has also grown on me, and it’s all about getting the best out of them.

What AN needs to do is find a way/system to WIN games at home. We’ve drawn far too many games at home which probably stretches back over 4 years. We’ve got our away form sorted, so we probably need to be more attack minded at home. I know it leaves us open to counter attacks, but we need to find a way of winning home games and making Deepdale a fortress.
I think the current system could work at home but we need technicians out wide and players that could make something out of nothing against teams sitting back. Robinson looked to be doing this earlier in the season and Bodin was brought in for this purpose, obviously both got injuries. Barky and Potts are great but I think having 2 'runners' out wide at home might lead to us creating less chances. One more technical winger and a player who can play across the front 3 in the summer and I think we're nearly there even if we lose Robinson. The squad finally seems like it's got decent depth, 2 or 3 good buys ready to add something to the first 11 rather than our usual 6 players with potential and I'll be excited for next season.

15 wins in 41 league home matches under Neil so still work to do like you say. There aren't enough players getting in the box for me from general play.

18 in the 2 seasons under negative Grayson.

This is the line of thinking that led me to start this thread. We need to win home games, so AN needs to throw caution to the wind and put visiting teams on the back foot. We're good on the break so do well away form home, but I want to see 2 or 3 up top for more than a few minutes at the end at home.

This is the line of thinking that led me to start this thread. We need to win home games, so AN needs to throw caution to the wind and put visiting teams on the back foot. We're good on the break so do well away form home, but I want to see 2 or 3 up top for more than a few minutes at the end at home.

You do have to look at what players he has had at his disposal during the home games as well, injuries have played a key part in our season, Robinson is massive to us at home because he can unlock things same for Bodin thats why he was signed.

Stockley went straight into the team against Swansea i think it was. He scored in one of the next games which we won, but was then taken off against Derby in the 2nd half. Think he started 4 games in which we won 2 and drew 2. You could say that was the start of our run, so did he really deserve to lose his place? He has hardly been seen since, probably for the reasons you state
Nice little reminder from Stockley tonight of his ability and what we've bought him for!!

I was so upset with Stockley only getting a few minutes against Bristol City, that I started wondering what the point is. Louis Moult is currently out, but when he's back, which one of these two will only rarely get a few minutes?

I honestly don't get it. If your centre forward target man doesn't get much of a look in during a home game which you really need to win, why bother having him at all?

But we seem to have got two in that category, which is surely a luxury we cannot afford.

Someone please tell me what logic they see in this.
Very simple we get injuries and suspensions

L

He's a solid target man. Thinks just seem to stick to him

He is, but I think he's a bit more than that. He looks lethal in the box, especially in and around the 6 yard box. If you watch his goals from Exeter the majority fell to him in the box for first time finishes, a bit like last nights, so it's key to get the ball in there when he's on the pitch. Wasn't easy to finish that, could easily have been put off thinking the keeper was coming but he kept calm and nodded in. I think he'll be a very useful player for us.

What a nice bloke and credit to theteam:
JS: “I obviously haven’t played as much as I did at the start but it’s just a privilege to watch the boys play like they have been while we’ve been on this run and I’m happy to play my part and help where I can. I just feel fortunate to be part of this squad.” #pnefc

He is, but I think he's a bit more than that. He looks lethal in the box, especially in and around the 6 yard box. If you watch his goals from Exeter the majority fell to him in the box for first time finishes, a bit like last nights, so it's key to get the ball in there when he's on the pitch. Wasn't easy to finish that, could easily have been put off thinking the keeper was coming but he kept calm and nodded in. I think he'll be a very useful player for us.

You’re right Tino.

The ball hung in the air for an absolute age and it was a fantastic finish.

I've liked Stockley since I watched his first interview when he signed - he has a fantastic attitude. Great header the other night and he knows where the net is. Just concerned that he's not got any pace, but if used the right way he is an asset. Maguire, Moult and Robinson are ahead of him though for me, when fit.