PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

New Zealand shootings

ukip-poster.jpg
Did that make you consider a mass shooting Jakey?

Me neither.

Don't talk shit.

Exactly, I wonder what makes Irish terrorists and IS terrorists commit atrocities because I can’t recall pictures making them do it. Some people don’t half talk wet.
Its just pathetic.

If they want to look for blame away from the animal that pulled the trigger then perhaps they want to look at the bigger picture. Racists will always exist, whether Christian or Islamic or any other belief. I'd say that the bigger issue is enforced multiculturalism and displacement of people across the globe, but hey we can't go down that road people get upset at the prospect of the hard truth.

Its just pathetic.

If they want to look for blame away from the animal that pulled the trigger then perhaps they want to look at the bigger picture. Racists will always exist, whether Christian or Islamic or any other belief. I'd say that the bigger issue is enforced multiculturalism and displacement of people across the globe, but hey we can't go down that road people get upset at the prospect of the hard truth.
Utter bollocks.

Nobody is forcing you to adapt to their lifestyle and beliefs, however many want to enforce our lifestyle and beliefs on them.

What I will say is that the vast vast majority of far right people would never consider committing an attrocity such as this. Just as the vast vast majority of Mu ever consider committing an attrocity such as Manchester.

Joan hit the nail on the head, earlier, why cant we just live and co-exist together peacefully?

Utter bollocks.

Nobody is forcing you to adapt to their lifestyle and beliefs, however many want to enforce our lifestyle and beliefs on them.

What I will say is that the vast vast majority of far right people would never consider committing an attrocity such as this. Just as the vast vast majority of Mu ever consider committing an attrocity such as Manchester.

Joan hit the nail on the head, earlier, why cant we just live and co-exist together peacefully?

Exactly.

Or perhaps the right wingers need to "apologise for the current terrorist act" just like they always want Islam to apologise for the few that harm a very peaceful religion on the whole.

Utter bollocks.

Do you know what raefil, I co exist with Indian, Pakistani, Polish and British as do they with each other including the Indians and the Pakistanis. People have no idea what they are missing out on by not doing so. The knowledge, the cultures and different celebrations of everyone.

Our little 9 year old Muslim neighbour celebrated her birthday the other week and knocked on the door to give us some of her birthday cake. You can’t get better than knowing we all look out for each other and would help each other without a second thought and that the respect for each other is always there. I just don’t get why people would choose anything different.

Absolutely awful news.....

The world is getting a madder place to live as each day goes by...

RIP to the 49

Utter bollocks.

It’s not utter bollocks wanting to discuss the issues raised by multiculturalism and religious tensions.

It is utter bollocks to say we’ve got blood on our hands.

I think it’s time to face facts, this will never stop.

We’ve got sick bastards killing in whatever they believe in and they’re all evil fuckers for doing so.

Sick of this blame game bullshit, nothing will change it.
I agree.

Do you know what raefil, I co exist with Indian, Pakistani, Polish and British as do they with each other including the Indians and the Pakistanis. People have no idea what they are missing out on by not doing so. The knowledge, the cultures and different celebrations of everyone.

Our little 9 year old Muslim neighbour celebrated her birthday the other week and knocked on the door to give us some of her birthday cake. You can’t get better than knowing we all look out for each other and would help each other without a second thought and that the respect for each other is always there. I just don’t get why people would choose anything different.
You and the gaffer have expressed this far better than I ever could.

Very sad time here in NZ ..... Absolutely no need for this hatred.... the Country is devastated ?

New Zealand is the kindest, most welcoming and inclusive place I have had the fortune to visit. This does not happen in NZ.
I’m sure that how the Kiwis react will be a lesson to us all.

New Zealand is the kindest, most welcoming and inclusive place I have had the fortune to visit. This does not happen in NZ.
I`ll confirm that, wonderful place, surpassed only by the people of western Samoa.

I`ll confirm that, wonderful place, surpassed only by the people of western Samoa.
My nephew is in Christchurch, he had to text his mum first thing to let them know he was ok before they saw the news and got worried, gone from doing tours of Afghanistan and Iraq, to coming across that madness on his own doorstep.

Not if you are wearing a Aussie rugby shirt its not. .

Broken white men and the racist media that fuels their terrorism

At 1.40pm local time, a man who identified himself as Brenton Tarrant burst into a mosque in Christchurch, New Zealand, and possibly another, shooting and killing upwards of dozens of panicked and huddled Muslim worshippers at point-blank range shortly before Friday prayers began, laughing insanely as he carried out what can only be described as IS-level violence.

We know this much because the Australian gunman live-streamed his grotesque terrorist attack to his Facebook account.

What we do know about Tarrant, however, at least based on his social media accounts, is his profile reads as the sum total of every counter-terrorism practitioner's and academic's fear, one that law-enforcement agencies throughout the Western hemisphere have long warned to be the No. 1 terror threat: right-wing extremism.

More specifically, Tarrant represents the dangerous convergence between broken white men and extreme right-wing media, bearing in mind that 100 per cent of all terrorist attacks carried out on US soil in 2018 were carried out by right-wing extremists, with the Southern Poverty Law Centre crediting a “toxic combination of political polarisation, anti-immigrant sentiment and modern technologies that help spread propaganda online”.

These kind of attacks are being carried out in increased frequency and ferocity in mosques, synagogues, and black churches throughout the Western world, with a notable common denominator: the gunmen are always white, male and fuelled by consumption of right-wing media.
“Well, it's time to stop shitposting and time to make a real life effort post. I will carry out an attack against the invaders, and will even live stream the attack via Facebook link,” Tarrant warned on the far-right online forum 8Chan on Thursday, which included links to what he called his “writings”.

A day earlier, he posted a photo of his semi-automatic weapon on Twitter, with the words “Here’s your migration compact!” etched onto the butt of his assault rifle.
Essentially, his manifesto mimics the same kind of anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim, and anti-leftist views expressed by the Norwegian right-wing extremist Anders Breivik, who shot dead 77 Norwegian students in what he described as his protest against Europe’s liberal and multicultural values.

“Merkel [German Chancellor], the mother of all things anti-white and anti-germanic, is top of the list. Few have done more to damage and racially cleanse Europe of its people,” reads the opening excerpt to Tarrant’s manifesto titled “The Great Replacement”. That is a reference to the same “white genocide” theory that drove the Pittsburgh Synagogue shooter, who killed 11 Jewish worshippers in October of last year.

In another post, Tarrant provides his social media followers a series of questions and answers, in which he claims conservative pundit Candace Owens, a darling of the far right, to be the “particular person” who radicalised him the “most”.
“Each time she spoke I was stunned by her insights and her own views helped push me further and further into the belief of violence over meekness,” Tarrant wrote.
Owens, an African American, is feted by far-right activists and white nationalists for praising the US President as the “saviour” of the West, and for warning Europe will soon be overrun by Muslims, while also not forgetting her recent statement proclaiming Hitler would have been fine if he didn’t want to “globalise”. In other words, the Holocaust was fine. The problem is Hitler invaded other countries.

It was only a decade or two ago that anti-Muslim and anti-immigrant extremists like Owens existed only on the fringe of the media landscape or the corners of the dark web, but today, particularly in the age of Trump, Brexit and the return of ultra-nationalism, they have moved to the mainstream, enjoying platforms on major television networks.

Today, pundits can say and write things about Muslims that would never be published by editors or executive producers. Whereas anti-Semitism, anti-black and anti-Asian racism are rightfully and routinely condemned, Islamophobia remains the only form of racism that remains within socially acceptable limits.

Last week, for instance, Fox News host Jeanine Pirro suggested America’s first elected black Muslim congresswoman would not be loyal to the US constitution because she wears a hijab, invoking the anti-Semitic “dual loyalty” canard, a slur that would have seen her show pulled had she said similar about a kippah-wearing Jewish American politician.

For years, tabloid newspapers in New Zealand, Australia, Britain and the US have published a stream of inaccurate stories about Muslims, while also deploying sensationalised headlines, with one study finding British newspapers were pressured into correcting stories about Muslims more than 20 times in one three-month period, and another revealing that crimes committed by Muslims received almost four times as much media coverage as crimes committed by all other groups.

Ultimately, Tarrant nurtured by a media that exploits the politics of hate and division. If the slaying of dozens of Muslims so close to home isn’t a warning that Islamophobia and the rise of white supremacy must be taken seriously, then what is?

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/javascript:void(0);