PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Alex Neil's position

If West Brom agreed compensation with the club, and then promised to double AN's wages would he hesititate?

If he stayed, he's be a better man than most people on this forum.

I don't think he'll go. But this romantic notion of not abandoning players is not the reason.

Earlier this season many of us wanted to give him the push. Loyalty goes both ways. Or neither.

I also think one of the reasons Neil and Johnson are mentioned in the running for the WBA job is a clumsy attempt to destabilise our play off push.

If, and when, somebody does come calling (and they will) someone might want to point out Simon Grayson's career since he left for a 'bigger club'
It would make gentry day a bit interesting!?

AN still 2/1 with skybet, so it's no done deal.
If he goes their during the summer then fair enough but he if he deserted us now whilst close to a decent shot at PL football it would feel like a stab in the back to me.He knows the chances are the season would peter out if he left now, hope he shows some respect to the club and the fans and at least see's the season out.

From Birmingham Mail 5 hours ago:
“ Odds shorten on Alex Neil, Michael Appleton and Derek McInnes but Jokanovic stays favourite.”
Difference between the above allegedly as reported:
  • West Brom allegedly pursuing Jokanovic
  • Appleton has openly said he wants the job
  • AN says no approach & no contact
  • McInnes stated outright not interested
I’m hoping the AN has unfinished business at PNE sentiments are correct.
Would love it if we’ve got AN, the bulk of the current squad and some decent transfer business ready for next season, be it in the Championship or Premiership. That’s best case scenario; don’t want to consider the alternative.

The ex Fulham boss is still their No1 choice and they are probably throwing other names into the pot to expedite things.

It’s all rumour and speculation.

Jokanovic is reported as saying he hasn’t been approached.

Maybe they’ll stick with the caretaker as they won 3-0 the other night.

It’s all rumour and speculation.

Jokanovic is reported as saying he hasn’t been approached.

Maybe they’ll stick with the caretaker as they won 3-0 the other night.

Wasn’t a straight forward 3-0 from what I read.

Sam Johnstone was supposed to have been superb

Wasn’t a straight forward 3-0 from what I read.

Sam Johnstone was supposed to have been superb
He was. I watched the highlights on Quest last night and he made 3/4 absolutely unreal saves and Swansea also had that penalty where Celina slipped. Was never a 3-0 game.

And if he hasn’t been approached there’s no reason for him to make any comment.
Being as short as he is in the betting there is every reason he should make a comment, the fact he hasn't suggests he is interested in discussing the position if he is approached,imo.

Being as short as he is in the betting there is every reason he should make a comment, the fact he hasn't suggests he is interested in discussing the position if he is approached,imo.

The betting means nothing. The bookies have to give alternatives to the one touted. It’s all guesswork on their part. Weren’t we 1/6 to sign Robbie Keane? Just because AN is second in the betting doesn’t mean he has been approached.

I have to disagree. Why would he if he has not been approached, it would make him appear arrogant and unapproachable of which he is neither.

Whether he’s been approached or not makes no difference. At least it would dispel all the rumours and we would all know where we stood. The players and fans could then push on with confidence.

Whether he’s been approached or not makes no difference. At least it would dispel all the rumours and we would all know where we stood. The players and fans could then push on with confidence.
If either the fans or the players can't carry on with confidence because of a bit of paper talk they've got a problem.

If he goes their during the summer then fair enough but if he deserted us now whilst close to a decent shot at PL football it would feel like a stab in the back to me.
This is how I felt when David Moyse left us, his timing for us was terrible

If either the fans or the players can't carry on with confidence because of a bit of paper talk they've got a problem.

You're trying to sound cool, calm and collected, but you sound a bit naive to me. Neil will do what he thinks is best for himself, it's that simple. So in that respect, yes he could stay, or he could equally as likely move to West Brom.

I have to disagree. Why would he if he has not been approached, it would make him appear arrogant and unapproachable of which he is neither.
To settle the team at a crucial period.
Bottom line is Jokanovic or Neil are likely to be the next WBA manager.
That's how I'd read what is going on anyway.

If he goes their during the summer then fair enough but he if he deserted us now whilst close to a decent shot at PL football it would feel like a stab in the back to me.He knows the chances are the season would peter out if he left now, hope he shows some respect to the club and the fans and at least see's the season out.
What you are describing is precisely what Moyes did. Leaving us whilst close to a decent shot at PL football.

It is upsetting when stuff like this happens, but life can be shorth in football, whether a player or a manager. We have sacked quite a few managers over the years, and some have left for "greener" pastures, it is what it is, no use crying over it.

The big issue for me in the Championship and has been for years is the parachute payments, and as long as they continue, we will see the repeated promotion/relegation/promotion of the likes of Newcastle, WBA, Hull, Middlesboro, Crystal Palace and so on, with smaller clubs like PNE waiting for that one outstanding season to cash in on the benefits of football in the Premiership, and as we all know, it can be a bloody long wait.:rolleyes: