PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Alex Neil's position

You're trying to sound cool, calm and collected, but you sound a bit naive to me. Neil will do what he thinks is best for himself, it's that simple. So in that respect, yes he could stay, or he could equally as likely move to West Brom.
Exactly, he could stay or he could equally likely move to West Brom, it's always the case that the manager might move on. If it gets announced that he's off then we deal with it then, there's no point fretting about it until then. Don't believe it'll affect the players as some have said, it's part and parcel of football and they should be able to deal with a bit of gossip around the manager.

We want a manager and players that other teams want. Shows we’re doing something right! They all have a value and at the moment AN and half a dozen players are increasing by the week.

We want a manager and players that other teams want. Shows we’re doing something right! They all have a value and at the moment AN and half a dozen players are increasing by the week.
Perhaps the fans should let him know how much we appreciate him "Alex Neil's super white army"

To settle the team at a crucial period.
Bottom line is Jokanovic or Neil are likely to be the next WBA manager.
That's how I'd read what is going on anyway.

We will agree to disagree. I think the other way the minute he is forced into making a statement that’s when the worrying begins in my view.

Ffs, there's always something disrupting what we're trying to achieve.

If it's not injuries or suspensions... it's our manager or best players getting their heads turned.

I should be used to it by now, having followed this club avidly since '94.....but I'm not. I'm bloody sick of it.

The timing of this speculation could not have been any worse.

I'll kick off, me.

It seems that WBA borrowed their failure money from the bank to spend in January so they desperately need to go up, if they don’t they won’t have any cash to buy any players during the summer never mind ours if AN decides to go there.

Wasn't it around this time of the season in 2008 that West Brom interviewed Alan Irvine?
It seems that WBA borrowed their failure money from the bank to spend in January so they desperately need to go up, if they don’t they won’t have any cash to buy any players during the summer never mind ours if AN decides to go there.

WBA didn't buy anyone in January, they brought in 4 players on loan.

In the summer they brought in more money than they spent.

Unless they spent an absolute fortune on loan fees I can't see them having needed to borrow any money.

We will agree to disagree. I think the other way the minute he is forced into making a statement that’s when the worrying begins in my view.

He wasn't forced into making any statement. He was asked about the speculation and responded. What did you want him to do? Say 'i'm not talking about that.' Because that would when the worry really should be starting.

AN will remain Preston manager. Going to West Brom would be a side ways move.

From the repeated attempts to introduce Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt into this thread, and even mention the word FUD, it's clear what the motive is.

However, all of the posters on here who have their own pair of hands seem to be immune from it.

Sad really that this goes on but better once you recognise it for what it is.

"Neil is just as likely to go". Really ? Is that a fact or FUD ?

I’m actually quite relaxed about this to be honest.

Neil made a point this week about how much he is enjoying his time here, how he has free reign of football matters and doesn’t need to get involved in off the field stuff.

He also spoke about how he got potted at Norwich for not being in the posistion they expected and compared Moore to his situation.

I’m told his family are very settled and he loves the challange at North End.

I am I naive enough to think it couldn’t happen no, however what will be will be.

I’m happy to ignore the paper/agent talk and enjoy what could be an amazing end to the season in these last few games... starting tomorrow.

Neil seems like a sensible bloke who likes a project, did well at Hamilton and Preston, whilst he did well in the short term with Norwich and ultimately got sacked. If he went to West Brom then there would be very little patience from the fans or his bosses. If they went up this season and were in the bottom 3 by Christmas he'd likely be sacked, same if he wasn't challenging for an automatic promotion spot from the Championship. I reckon he knows this, and knows he's on to a good thing here

I'd also like to think that our calm approach to our bad run earlier in the season has endeared us to him - whilst managers around us were getting potted we kept the faith, and it's paying off.

Ffs, there's always something disrupting what we're trying to achieve.

If it's not injuries or suspensions... it's our manager or best players getting their heads turned.

I should be used to it by now, having followed this club avidly since '94.....but I'm not. I'm bloody sick of it.

The timing of this speculation could not have been any worse.

I'll kick off, me.

Certainly seems that way don't it, gut wrenching as when Moyes went to Everton, probably worse should this happen.

The sacking Moore suggests they are desperate to go up this season and cannot wait to rebuild etc. They must have thought he wasn't going to be able to win the PO's. Its a bit wierd that they don't appear to have somebody already to replace him ,given the time of the season. The fact that Jokanovic and AN both got teams up through the PO's will appeal to the WBA board ,who appear to be looking for a quick fix.
Hopefully Jokanovic accepts the job.
Would imagine Ridsdale will be aware of worse case scenrio's and ready to act quick to get someone in at such a crucial time, its not a time for those running PNE to bury theirs in the sand and hope for the best.

Neil made a point this week about how much he is enjoying his time here, how he has free reign of football matters and doesn’t need to get involved in off the field stuff.

He also spoke about how he got potted at Norwich for not being in the posistion they expected and compared Moore to his situation.

I am I naive enough to think it couldn’t happen no, however what will be will be.

I’m happy to ignore the paper/agent talk and enjoy what could be an amazing end to the season in these last few games... starting tomorrow.

This is absolutely spot on imo.

Alex won't want to leave. He's probably not paid off his couch from Furniture Village, nor installed the garden lights he always fancied. Stay, carry on, leave in a few years instead. Ta

Great stuff JK (y)