PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Fishers Moaning

Euxtonboy

Patron
What was that all about yesterday. He was in the ref's ear all match, even at the start of the second half no wonder the ref got fed up with it in the end.. Bad enough with Pearson's record without another seeking his own downfall.

What was that all about yesterday. He was in the ref's ear all match, even at the start of the second half no wonder the ref got fed up with it in the end.. Bad enough with Pearson's record without another seeking his own downfall.

Fisher got booked for dissent and will get fined for it.

However, it was totally preventable due to the referees incompetence. He gave us a free kick which no one knew what is was for. Fisher was genuinely perplexed as to where the free kick should be taken. The referee then marched over to him (not the other way around) and then ended up getting booked.

Fisher had a good game and part of a clean sheet.

So who really cares.

However, it was totally preventable due to the referees incompetence. He gave us a free kick which no one knew what is was for. Fisher was genuinely perplexed as to where the free kick should be taken. The referee then marched over to him (not the other way around) and then ended up getting booked.

So who really cares.

Exactly as I saw it. He did like the rest of us seem genuinely confused as to what was going on

So who really cares.
This happened right in front of me, there was much scratching of heads because frankly everyone was clueless what was going on. I even asked on the matchday thread if anyone saw it, reply was that he was gobbing off. From what we could see he was genuinely confused as to what the ref had given. Actually that summed the ref up, his decisions were consistently odd.

This happened right in front of me, there was much scratching of heads because frankly everyone was clueless what was going on. I even asked on the matchday thread if anyone saw it, reply was that he was gobbing off. From what we could see he was genuinely confused as to what the ref had given. Actually that summed the ref up, his decisions were consistently odd.
We were all set to take the free kick and Fisher was stood on the touchline with nobody near him, the ref should have just got on with the game instead of creating an issue out of it. Just another in a long line of bizarre decisions by him.

Within reason I don’t object to players keeping the refs honest- keep chipping away at them to make sure they aren’t too eager to dish out bad decisions.

Can't remember exactly what the foul was but Fisher tried to take the free kick from 10 yards in front of where it was, while the ball was moving, then started complaining when it got called back. Wasn't really much need for the ref to go over and speak to him but once he did he carried on and talked himself into the book.

Just utter stupidity really and it's not the first time, he's not far off Pearson when it comes to cards, 65 games for the club and he's been booked 24 times and sent off once. In the same period of time Pearson's played 64 games and had 28 yellows and been sent off 3 times.

fishers gamesmanship is extremely frustrating, time wasting, kicking the ball away, diving...he does it all. I'm sure Neill is happy with it but I'll never like it

So who really cares.

very true - Fisher hadnt a clue what was happening. I thought it was a throw in to us, the ref wasnt clear.

AN was actually having a right mouthful at the ref too, just before he booked Fisher....so i'm sure AN will have waived any fine for DF

Then he tried to take a free kick from where the linesman was stood, as you would. But the ref still wanted him to go back another 3 yards. Ref was hopeless from the start. Linesmen were no better

Why do we constantly criticise our players? Fisher has turned a corner and is playing well, we are getting results. Cant we just all be happy?

Why do we constantly criticise our players? Fisher has turned a corner and is playing well, we are getting results. Cant we just all be happy?

"You can please all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time" ?

Happened right in front of me, we played a ball down the line which hit the arm of their player. We had the ball to feet on the halfway line and the ref decided to give us a free kick when we had a chance of breaking.

Fisher went mad (as did quite a few on the Invincibles including myself) for him not playing advantage. Not sure whether he said something particularly bad but he didn't seem to moan for that long before getting the card. Ref was a complete cunt all game so probably deserved whatever Fisher said to him.

Fisher went mad (as did quite a few on the Invincibles including myself) for him not playing advantage. Not sure whether he said something particularly bad but he didn't seem to moan for that long before getting the card.

I can only watch it on iFollow so, while that's better than nothing, it doesn't give the best peripheral view of proceedings and they don't do close-up shots. Anyway, point is, it looked like he went after the referee three times and the third was over the top and more than the ref wanted to hear.

Many, many years ago I was told at a Disciplinary Hearing held at Deepdale that a referee isn't going to change his mind and players must respect the officials. I have followed Sir Tom's advice ever since :)!!