PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 autho

I accept we profoundly disagree but like to think I give as much I get.. And you haven't let your argument descend into two or three lines calling me a liar sImply because we disagree and on a regular basis.

I've never banned anyone before so hadn't considered it to be honest.

Im sure you believe absolutely. As an aside Im watching the latest McCann documentary in secret from my family who,ve lost patience with the story. It reminds me though of all that is bad about our attitude rowards our neighbours. The concpet that they are inferior amateurs and that somehow we do things better and need protection from their bureaucratic and simplistic approach. Ive had a lot of experience of the same in my work. British reps coming over tryin g to teach French and German colleagues a thing or two about history. And frankly they tolerate it and Im sure laugh to themselves after the fact about how we look back all the time whilst they look forward and get on woth it. The EU is a different matter I accept, but the translation of disdain toward other European nationals is what pisses me off most about Brexit.

Gave up watching that channel a long time ago - I found it very bland, to be honest. Usually much better options nowadays :)

Admittedly It is truly appalling.. It truly makes me wonder how the EU hasn't been given up as a bad job. It's either that or incomprehensible Magyar soaps and chat shows.
Great city though.. Still no EU flags.. No one not a single one.. And we've been looking round palaces, castles and government buildings.

Went through two villages yesterday.. Felsogod.. Alsogod.. Was expecting the next to be notquitesogood.

I accept we profoundly disagree but like to think I give as much I get.. And you haven't let your argument descend into two or three lines calling me a liar sImply because we disagree and on a regular basis.

I've never banned anyone before so hadn't considered it to be honest.
Didnt say you lied I pissed myself laughing at you when you attempted to mislead people into thinking the Irish were going to leave the EU because of a suggestion by John Humphries.

You had a wet dream over that suggestion lol.

Im sure you believe absolutely. As an aside Im watching the latest McCann documentary in secret from my family who,ve lost patience with the story. It reminds me though of all that is bad about our attitude rowards our neighbours. The concpet that they are inferior amateurs and that somehow we do things better and need protection from their bureaucratic and simplistic approach. Ive had a lot of experience of the same in my work. British reps coming over tryin g to teach French and German colleagues a thing or two about history. And frankly they tolerate it and Im sure laugh to themselves after the fact about how we look back all the time whilst they look forward and get on woth it. The EU is a different matter I accept, but the translation of disdain toward other European nationals is what pisses me off most about Brexit.

Can't say I have noticed that behaviour from the Brits - not more than any other nation, anyway. The British are well liked here as pragmatic and fair-minded people. Every country has its share of arrogant idiots, I suppose :)

Try putting up with what we have from the Northern Europeans over the past few years - genuine nastiness and an entire nation labelled as cheats, corrupt, lazy, thieves etc. as the scapegoating continues so that they can justify their brutal policies. Maybe a look back at history wouldn't be a bad thing - the previous history of currency unions or the failed IMF austerity programs that decimated entire countries.

Not pleasant at all - yet, we are expected to tolerate it and STFU. The attitude towards their fellow European nationals is what really pisses me off about the EU and some among its population.

Can't say I have noticed that behaviour from the Brits - not more than any other nation, anyway. Every country has its share of arrogant idiots.

Try putting up with what we have from the Northern Europeans over the past few years - genuine nastiness and an entire nation labelled as cheats, corrupt, lazy, thieves etc. as the scapegoating continues so that they can justify their brutal policies. Maybe a look back at history wouldn't be a bad thing - the previous history of currency unions or the failed IMF austerity programs that decimated entire countries.

Not pleasant at all - yet, we are expected to tolerate it and STFU. The attitude towards their fellow European nationals is what really pisses me off about the EU and some among its population.
I can't believe that you've failed to notice the British tendency towards exceptionalism and patronising foreigners. It makes me cringe

Just today Mark Francois was telling the world on the radio that Europe is free because of Britain.

Admittedly It is truly appalling.. It truly makes me wonder how the EU hasn't been given up as a bad job. It's either that or incomprehensible Magyar soaps and chat shows.
Great city though.. Still no EU flags.. No one not a single one.. And we've been looking round palaces, castles and government buildings.

Went through two villages yesterday.. Felsogod.. Alsogod.. Was expecting the next to be notquitesogood.
I get that they have to put something on that can be translated into multiple languages easily, but it is more beige and bland than my nan's living room.

Still fewer and fewer flags here - many of the remaining ones have been defaced! :)

Can't say I have noticed that behaviour from the Brits - not more than any other nation, anyway. The British are well liked here as pragmatic and fair-minded people. Every country has its share of arrogant idiots, I suppose :)

How can you have lived on this Earth amd not noticed it? The Sum doesnt publish it just for fun, its for comsumption. You dont get the same the French or German media to the same disgusting extent. The local Gemran shop in Portishead got ransacked due to the British media frenzy after a Engalnd defeat. Kin Insel Aners.

I don't have a problem at all with Europeans.. I can get by speaking French and enjoy visiting different countries. I have British and southern European ancestry

Just come back from a Hungarian restaurant and had a real good food and a laugh. Viva la difference.

But I have a basic principle I will oppose any executive I can't vote out without compromise. Junker, selymar and Tusk will never speak fir me. I also think the EU is essentially a dressed up Franco German alliance.. The EU isn't Europe.. It's a bureaucratic anti democratic monolith inexorably grinding people down. It has little positive to offer going forward.

I have made no secret I would support a genuine Common Market but the contrived political union with itsmantra "ever closer union" will never work..

I can't believe that you've failed to notice the British tendency towards exceptionalism and patronising foreigners.

Just today Mark Francois was telling the world on the radio that Europe is free because of Britain.
Some do - but no more than any other country - including some of the Greek politicians with more jingoistic tendencies. More to do with being on the conservative end of the spectrum, I suspect. Merkel and Sarkozy were just the same - we received a lot of patronising and downright nasty behaviour from them.

As I said, I meet very few Brits here who resemble that description - most are very pleasant, just as with most other folk.

How can you have lived on this Earth amd not noticed it? The Sum doesnt publish it just for fun, its for comsumption. You dont get the same the French or German media to the same disgusting extent. The local Gemran shop in Portishead got ransacked due to the British media frenzy after a Engalnd defeat. Kin Insel Aners.
Chuckle - have you ever read Bild? Some of the shite they spouted during the Euro crisis about Greeks and other nations was downright bigoted - it was not pleasant to be on the receiving end. To be fair, some of the Nazi jokes thrown at Germans by some Greek media and politicians were awful, too.

I read a lot of German and French press during the Euro crisis and find that some of their views are just as bad as the Sun and Mail.

The Brits are no more patronising or arrogant than any other nation, in my experience. Al have some nationalists looking down on others, while most people are decent and try to get on with folk.

Some do - but no more than any other country - including some of the Greek politicians with more jingoistic tendencies. More to do with being on the conservative end of the spectrum, I suspect. Merkel and Sarkozy were just the same - we received a lot of patronising and downright nasty behaviour from them.

As I said, I meet very few Brits here who resemble that description - most are very pleasant, just as with most other folk.

Thats because they live in Greece ffs.

Chuckle - have you ever read Bild? Some of the shite they spouted during the Euro crisis about Greeks and other nations was downright bigoted - it was not pleasant to be on the receiving end. To be fair, some of the Nazi jokes thrown at Germans by some Greek media and politicians were awful, too.

I read a lot of German and French press during the Euro crisis and find that some of their views are just as bad as the Sun and Mail.

The Brits are no more patronising or arrogant than any other nation, in my experience. Al have some nationalists looking down on others, while most people are decent and try to get on with folk.

Please forward copies of the French press. I dont believe you.

Please forward copies of the French press. I dont believe you.

Right, Pete - Like I stored copies of articles I read ten years ago when Sarkozy was in power. Perfectly normal behaviour.

As I said, Pete, we were on the receiving end of a lot of anti-Greek stuff during the crisis. The French were not as bad as some of the German gutter press, granted, but the language and stereotypes were not pleasant at all.

Feel free not to believe me - I am happy that my memories are correct.