PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Podcast

FTF

Club Legend
Hi all, new around here so please be gentle.

Some of you may have read some of the content on the site already (hopefully you liked it), some of you may not have done. From the Finney has been going for a few months now and there’s a few of us who contribute content to the site and we aim to provide insightful, statistical, opinionated content about North End.

Well, the next step for us is a podcast. It’ll be hosted by three of our most regular contributors and we’re aiming to release the first episode in the coming weeks. Would folk on here be interested in listening to an “unofficial” PNE podcast? Something done by fans, for fans, if you will?

Would be interested to hear any feedback or thoughts on this. Also, if you have any suggestions for what you’d want from the podcast, or the website content for that matter.

Thanks, FTF.

Yes, definitely interested. Would suggest that rather than it just be a regurgitation of what appears on here that you have guests in, possibly with Q&A's.

Absolutely I would listen to this. I enjoy the official club one but it feels like it can become a bit stale at times. Also, I read the Ben Pearson piece you did, good work!

Agree with pne-monster, too. Perhaps get some guests or fans there from time to time to mix things up. I look forward to hearing it!

A few alternative views on the new season ahead and how different people view our chances, top two , top six, just outside the play offs, mid table mediocrity or the dreaded relegation battle.

Absolutely I would listen to this. I enjoy the official club one but it feels like it can become a bit stale at times. Also, I read the Ben Pearson piece you did, good work!

Agree with pne-monster, too. Perhaps get some guests or fans there from time to time to mix things up. I look forward to hearing it!

You are the editor of the website in question, after all!

You are the editor of the website in question, after all!

As a forum we have no issue with other platforms in regards to North End if we get a bit of mutual support in return.

It can also be courteous to ask before posting.

Just as a reminder to users using alter egos to boost posts or big up accounts elsewhere isn’t in the spirit of the forum so would ask users not to do it or we anyone found to use a alter ego could end up banned.

Cheers

I'm very positive about this idea - please make sure its on itunes, so people can download and listen on the way to work etc

As a forum we have no issue with other platforms in regards to North End if we get a bit of mutual support in return.

It can also be courteous to ask before posting.

Just as a reminder to users using alter egos to boost posts or big up accounts elsewhere isn’t in the spirit of the forum so would ask users not to do it or we anyone found to use a alter ego could end up banned.

Cheers

JK, apologies. Perhaps we should have asked beforehand.

No alter egos here, no idea who runs the other account. Just wanted to try and get some feedback.

This is well ahead of when we originally planned to release it but, the first episode of the From the Finney podcast is out now on Spotify and Stitcher.

You can also listen to it on it's own webpage with it's own player if you don't have an account on either of those two platforms mentioned above. We're trying to get it on Apple Podcasts too but that's proving to take some time. Any feedback is appreciated, good or bad.

Podcast webpage with links to Spotify and Stitcher

We hope you enjoy it! ?

I'll listen when i get a chance, would love a podcast where people give their actual criticisms call players out if they are playing shite and have some actual banter too much drivel in football mainly spawning from footballers interviews and the worry of upsetting people, can't keep everybody happy and it would make it worth listening to instead of regurgitated opinions not to hurt peoples feelings. This is what we are like when we are on the games so why not the podcasts too? just a thought

I'll listen when i get a chance, would love a podcast where people give their actual criticisms call players out if they are playing shite and have some actual banter too much drivel in football mainly spawning from footballers interviews and the worry of upsetting people, can't keep everybody happy and it would make it worth listening to instead of regurgitated opinions not to hurt peoples feelings. This is what we are like when we are on the games so why not the podcasts too? just a thought

I like to think we do actually give our honest opinions. Would love to hear your thoughts after you’ve listened to it.

I've just finished listening to the podcast and would like to give some feedback.

Overall, I enjoyed it and it was a good listen.

Positives:

1. for true North End lovers, to hear lots of chat like this about PNE was great.
2 Good relationship between the podders, with a bit of banter but not too much to distract from the subject.
3. Not the official PNE party line, but a more fan focused chat

Suggestions for improvement:

1. I felt for a first episode it was too long, trying to cover too many different issues and thus I lost focus at times
2. Related to 1, at times the podders didn't seem well prepared for he discussion - I'm not suggesting it should be all dry and factual, but if you knew in advance what would be discussed you could prepare it a bit better
3. Sound quality not great - it wasn't terrible but could be improved
4. Going back to point 1, if not already done, have a think about a set up of episodes coming up over the closed season.

Hope this helps. I'ld be happy to give more detailed input if helpful

Here’s episode #2...

From the Finney Podcast - Episode #2

Appreciate any feedback.
I'm a subscriber and already listened to Episode 2.

I'm enjoying the North End focused chat and found episode 2 to be more focused .. .see my comments on Episode 1 above.

I would still recommend that you tighten up your preparation on facts a bit but otherwise it's a good listen.

Even had to reluctantly agree to the praise of Burnley!

We tried to be a bit better prepared for this one. We all make notes but we also want it to be like we’re just a few mates down the pub chatting North End so we’re still trying to find the balance at the moment.

Thanks for the kind words though. Would appreciate any shares with friends/family or on social media.

Listened to episode 1 the other day, pretty good even if I didn't agree with a lot of what you said haha

Will listen to the next one later on