PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Early Doors

buckshawwhite

Patron
I went to watch the stage production (excellently written by Craig Cash & Phil Mealey) of Early Doors at The Lowry last night. It had been a 10 month wait since I had originally bought tickets to see the stage version of , what I rate as, Britains most under rated sit com ever. Would it be able to reproduce the warmth & humour of the excellent 2 TV series? How would it translate to stage? Would it disappoint?

I'm pleased to say it didn't disappoint. If anything it exceeded all of my expectations & was a brilliant 2 hours of entertainment. Many of the original cast were in the show & some new members who fitted in nicely. The laughs were a plenty, the show was excellently produced, with a twist or two & with a musical finish that brought the house down. Rarely have I been to a show where there was such an enthusiastic & loud standing ovation at the end.... Outstanding

Has anybody else been to see this? If not, I can heartily recommend it... Extra dates being put out nationally

Loved the tv series. Still got the dvd's somewhere.

Hadnt heard about the stage show, I'll look it up.

And dont forget, "Crime won't crack itself". :D

Got the DVD's myself. I think the original intention was just to have a few shows at the Lowry. But demand has meant it has mushroomed in to something much bigger, with a national tour including a show at the Manchester Arena I think. If you loved the TV series then the live show is a must if you can. I'll guarantee you'll get some more catch phrases from it

Bloke that I work with went to the show at the lowry - he said that it was absolutely brilliant.

Loved the tv series. Still got the dvd's somewhere.

Hadnt heard about the stage show, I'll look it up.

And dont forget, "Crime won't crack itself". :D

It was the copper smoking a spliff and hiding behind the curtains that did it for me and the sad git with the Fray Bentos pie, brilliant series :D

It was the copper smoking a spliff and hiding behind the curtains that did it for me and the sad git with the Fray Bentos pie, brilliant series :D

I think 4 of the characters made the difference in this show. Landlord Ken (John Henshaw), social misfit Eddie (Mark Benson) along with the dodgy coppers Phil & Nige were brilliant throughout. Few comedies made me laugh out loud as this one did. Absolutely brilliant! :)

I went to watch the stage production (excellently written by Craig Cash & Phil Mealey) of Early Doors at The Lowry last night. It had been a 10 month wait since I had originally bought tickets to see the stage version of , what I rate as, Britains most under rated sit com ever. Would it be able to reproduce the warmth & humour of the excellent 2 TV series? How would it translate to stage? Would it disappoint?

I'm pleased to say it didn't disappoint. If anything it exceeded all of my expectations & was a brilliant 2 hours of entertainment. Many of the original cast were in the show & some new members who fitted in nicely. The laughs were a plenty, the show was excellently produced, with a twist or two & with a musical finish that brought the house down. Rarely have I been to a show where there was such an enthusiastic & loud standing ovation at the end.... Outstanding

Has anybody else been to see this? If not, I can heartily recommend it... Extra dates being put out nationally

Just seen this, Buckshaw,

I saw it a The Lowery on 1st Sept. You're dead right it’s an absolute gem!

The fantastic detail of the double level set made it feel just like the TV show.

I saw James Cordon in “One man Two Governors” which I didn’t think could be beaten for comedy.

I was wrong! Early Doors is an absolute triumph.

Must go cos “Crime can’t crack itself”

They have released some new dates for this summer at the Lowry....

I have got tickets for July 27th....

We have tickets for the last night on the 3rd August, we really struggled to get two tickets together and had to get VIP ones. Should be a great night, but would love to see series 2 before we go. Series 1 is currently available on UK Gold, anyone have any ideas on whereI might see it?

We have tickets for the last night on the 3rd August, we really struggled to get two tickets together and had to get VIP ones. Should be a great night, but would love to see series 2 before we go. Series 1 is currently available on UK Gold, anyone have any ideas on whereI might see it?

Not available to watch online. You may find it on Kodi, but don’t know about that. You can buy the dvd for less than £3

See link

Or have a look on eBay or Amazon. You can pick up both series for £6 delivered. Well worth the buy