PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

New North End book (Out Now)

Staffordwhite

Scribe to the Gods
Patron
Hi all,

Staffordwhite here. Some of you may know I’m a writer by trade who left the newspaper business last year.
Since then, I’ve been working on a new North End book that is coming out next Friday (SEPTEMBER 20).
It’s called North End Souls and features chapters by 15 North Enders in their own words.
The full list is: Graham Alexander, Lee Ashcroft, Craig Brown, Ricardo Fuller, Paul Gallagher, Joe Garner, Sean Gregan, Andy Lonergan, David Lucas, Chris Lucketti, Youl Mawene, Neil Mellor, David Moyes, John Thomas and John Welsh.
Mark Lawrenson has kindly done the foreword and ten per cent of profits (should there be any!) will go to the Gary Parkinson Trust (Gary’s son, Luke, has also written a piece for the book).
There’s plenty of good stuff in 284 pages, including the inside stories on some transfers (that did and didn’t happen), dressing room rows and pranks, managers, teammates and tactics - from Big John McGrath to Alex Neil and all points in between.
Oh, and there’s Michael Keane’s dog, obviously.
In all seriousness, while there are plenty of funny tales, all the players talk openly about some key moments over the past 30 years - the highs and the lows - and there’s lots of genuine emotion and feeling for the club. It was a privilege to talk with them.
It’s not a huge project and there’s a limited print run so, y’know, get ‘em while they’re hot, etc. :)
It will be available from www.northendsouls.com for £9.99 (plus £2.99 p&p) as a launch offer from next Friday, September 20, for a couple of weeks or so (£12.99 after that).
If anyone wants any more info, just send me a message or follow @northendsouls on Twitter.
Failing that, I’ll be handing out flyers at St Andrews next week and Deepdale after that.
Thanks to JK for letting me post this on here - he’s one of only a handful of people who have seen a draft copy and his verdict was: ‘Loved it!’
I’ll take that.

Cheers all. (y)
Staffordwhite.

On the page, how does one go about buying it? When I try to click "Gally", nothing happens. All I get is an empty cart!

Hi all,

Staffordwhite here. Some of you may know I’m a writer by trade who left the newspaper business last year.
Since then, I’ve been working on a new North End book that is coming out next Friday (SEPTEMBER 20).
It’s called North End Souls and features chapters by 15 North Enders in their own words.
The full list is: Graham Alexander, Lee Ashcroft, Craig Brown, Ricardo Fuller, Paul Gallagher, Joe Garner, Sean Gregan, Andy Lonergan, David Lucas, Chris Lucketti, Youl Mawene, Neil Mellor, David Moyes, John Thomas and John Welsh.
Mark Lawrenson has kindly done the foreword and ten per cent of profits (should there be any!) will go to the Gary Parkinson Trust (Gary’s son, Luke, has also written a piece for the book).
There’s plenty of good stuff in 284 pages, including the inside stories on some transfers (that did and didn’t happen), dressing room rows and pranks, managers, teammates and tactics - from Big John McGrath to Alex Neil and all points in between.
Oh, and there’s Michael Keane’s dog, obviously.
In all seriousness, while there are plenty of funny tales, all the players talk openly about some key moments over the past 30 years - the highs and the lows - and there’s lots of genuine emotion and feeling for the club. It was a privilege to talk with them.
It’s not a huge project and there’s a limited print run so, y’know, get ‘em while they’re hot, etc. :)
It will be available from www.northendsouls.com for £9.99 (plus £2.99 p&p) as a launch offer from next Friday, September 20, for a couple of weeks or so (£12.99 after that).
If anyone wants any more info, just send me a message or follow @northendsouls on Twitter.
Failing that, I’ll be handing out flyers at St Andrews next week and Deepdale after that.
Thanks to JK for letting me post this on here - he’s one of only a handful of people who have seen a draft copy and his verdict was: ‘Loved it!’
I’ll take that.

Cheers all. (y)
Staffordwhite.

No problem and I'm sure anyone who purchases it will agree.

Staffordwhite has also kindly offered a free copy of his book upon launch, for PNE Online to give away.

You may be aware that PNE-Online are supporting The Big PNE Sleep Out in aid of the Foxton Centre who support the homeless of Preston with our admin and many other patrons sleeping on the concourse of the Kop for a night in November.

We have agreed that for any forum member who makes a donation via our fundraising page will be entered into a draw to win a copy of North End Souls. I am sure Stafford will even sign it for you should you wish :)

If you are able to support this great cause you can do so below and thank you in advance.
View attachment 164

You can read more below.

Last edited:
I will be buying one of these Stafford , used to enjoy my discussions on North End and Blackburn with your brother and I’m sure this will be a good read ??

Ha ha very funny. Do I get a friendly discount?

Is there a kindle version as well?

keep one back for me mate.

I’d also like to know if there’s a Kindle version, possibly not as a limited print run? Diaried to buy on Friday, sounds like a good read &, like OP, happy to take JKs endorsement.

Ha ha very funny. Do I get a friendly discount?

Is there a kindle version as well?

keep one back for me mate.

Kindle?? Give us a chance Gav! ? I’ll hand deliver one to you . . . if you confirm you’re coming to Charlton away. ??