PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - Birmingham City v PNE - 21/09/19 KO:15:00 - Championship

JK

I try not to fly in the face of public opinion!
Staff member
Patron
index.php

View attachment 174

pne_fc.png
View attachment 172
Birmingham City v Preston North End
Saturday 21st September 2019- Kick Off 3pm
Championship
All links to streaming sites will be deleted.

View attachment 169View attachment 173View attachment 171
Our Admin - JK is taking part in the BIG PNE SLEEP OUT in support of the homeless charity the Foxton Centre. JK will sleeping out at Deepdale in November. Please support him if you can, all donations will also gain an entry to win the great new North End Souls book.

Match Preview: BBC Sport
Birmingham City could hand another start to 16-year-old Jude Bellingham, after his back-to-back winning goals against Stoke and Charlton Athletic.

Left-backs Jonathan Grounds (calf) and Cheick Keita (hamtsring) are both getting close to resuming full fitness.

Visitors Preston could have Andrew Hughes, David Nugent and Ben Pearson available for the game at St Andrew's.

Pearson has recovered from a virus, while Hughes and Nugent came through a reserve match on Tuesday.

Match facts
  • Birmingham have won only one of their last 11 league matches against Preston (W1 D4 L6), winning this exact fixture last season 3-0 under Garry Monk.
  • Preston have kept one clean sheet in their last 23 away league visits to Birmingham (excluding play-offs), winning 1-0 in September 2001 under David Moyes.
  • Birmingham City are looking to win three consecutive league matches for the first time since a run of four in October 2018.
  • The two Championship teams whose matches have seen the fewest shots this season are Birmingham (138) and Preston's (142).
  • Birmingham have managed just one first-half goal in the Championship this season, the joint-fewest along with Huddersfield Town, while opponents Preston have scored the most first-half goals (8).
  • Excluding own goals, Preston have had more scorers than any other Championship side this season (8).

Last edited:
Fancy a win here, will go 1-2.

Lukas Jutkiewicz needs to be watched though, he is really deadly for them at the far post so he'll try to pull onto Fisher at every chance.

I was actually thinking he'd have been a very good summer pick up to lead the line.

Last season he scored 10 + and also set up a decent amount for Che Adams. Seems to be one of those players who is getting better as he hits 30. To me a miles better targetman in the championship than Kieffer Moore.

Would take a point in this one, Birmingham like to frustrate and can cause problems of their own.

If we can get the first goal I’m not sure they have the quality to come back from that

Lukas Jutkiewicz needs to be watched though, he is really deadly for them at the far post so he'll try to pull onto Fisher at every chance.

I was actually thinking he'd have been a very good summer pick up to lead the line.

Last season he scored 10 + and also set up a decent amount for Che Adams. Seems to be one of those players who is getting better as he hits 30. To me a miles better targetman in the championship than Kieffer Moore.
Kieffer Moore still hasn’t scored yet btw. 3 1/2 million well spent

'Hughes and Nugent came through a reserve match on Tuesday' - a reserve match, it was the Lancashire Senior Cup a competition founded before I think today's opponents even existed. Don't these people know anything. But - just as - seriously while Pearson if fit would obviously come straight back into the starting line-up it would be harsh on Rafferty if Hughes did. As for Nugent, well neither Bodin nor Barkhuizen are really out-and-out strikers and he looked quite sharp earlier in the week. But might he displace the obviously out-of-sorts Stockley - difficult one to call. Stockley seems to be having a rough patch but I think he can be a useful player when his confidence is high.

Of course Jutkiewicz would've been a better signing than Moore, and others we were linked with, but it's a pointless comparison because it's not realistic at all.

Do you honestly think an experienced Championship target man, in his prime years, with 14 goals and 10 assists last season, and under contract until 2022, would've been in our price range ?

? There are currently long delays on the M6 due to an accident between J14 and J15, for supporters travelling to Birmingham please find an alternative route where possible.

#pnefc @PNEPolice

'Hughes and Nugent came through a reserve match on Tuesday' - a reserve match, it was the Lancashire Senior Cup a competition founded before I think today's opponents even existed. Don't these people know anything. But - just as - seriously while Pearson if fit would obviously come straight back into the starting line-up it would be harsh on Rafferty if Hughes did. As for Nugent, well neither Bodin nor Barkhuizen are really out-and-out strikers and he looked quite sharp earlier in the week. But might he displace the obviously out-of-sorts Stockley - difficult one to call. Stockley seems to be having a rough patch but I think he can be a useful player when his confidence is high.
I think if Nugent is fit and raring to go, he may well squeeze on to the bench in place of Stockley, but I expect to see at least one of Barky or Bodin on the pitch from the start.

I think if Nugent is fit and raring to go, he may well squeeze on to the bench in place of Stockley, but I expect to see at least one of Barky or Bodin on the pitch from the start.

I think Nugent and Hughes are more likely to be involved on Tuesday rather than today with Nugent being on the bench

Alright lads (and ladies), apologies for the stupid question - but on I'm on my away to a much awaited weekend in Stratford upon Avon and trying to persuade the other half that a trip to Birmingham would be much more exciting. Are tickets available on the day?

Alright lads (and ladies), apologies for the stupid question - but on I'm on my away to a much awaited weekend in Stratford upon Avon and trying to persuade the other half that a trip to Birmingham would be much more exciting. Are tickets available on the day?
I think I read yesterday that they weren't, sorry. Now is the winter of our discontent