PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - PNE v Bristol City - 28/09/2019 - KO:15:00 - Championship

We've actually been alright in midfield, breaking lines and getting into decent spaces.

The problem has been our play around the box has been as bad as I can remember. Poor touches, overrunning things, poor passes... Need to step it up second half. These are there for the taking.

We've actually been alright in midfield, breaking lines and getting into decent spaces.

The problem has been our play around the box has been as bad as I can remember. Poor touches, overrunning things, poor passes... Need to step it up second half. These are there for the taking.

(y)

Those on I follow fouls on rudd?

In terms of the keepers usually getting every decision... yes

But for me the first their guy was stronger and still can’t figure out the second... looks like their guy used his strength against DJ who then knocked Rudd over..

Pen was crucial and now all set up for Nuge

1st goal was Ruddds fault flapped at the cross then claimed he'd been fouled.
Did no see how he ended up on floor for 2nd goal was watching the cross coming in.
Penalty got us back in the game, Rudd had made two good saves before Bristol scored their first.

Nothing between the two teams just these two controversial corners. Next goal determines the winner

If harrop is the robbo replacement unfortunately he's absolutely adopted his entire repertoire of frustrations also. He's getting into some brilliant positions just not quite coming off just yet.....it's coming though!

Correct links for the first 2 goals:
It was DJ who, under pressure, pushed into Rudd who went down very easily presumably thinking it was a City player who pushed him:

https://streamvi.com/watch.php?video=1569681057

It was DJ who, under pressure, pushed into Rudd who went down very easily presumably thinking it was a City player who pushed him:

https://streamvi.com/watch.php?video=1569681545

Taken from City's MB:
Think it was TM who nudged Preston player into keeper who fell to the floor at the slightest nudge. Well done TM

North End haven't got going. City getting to the ball first. You feel if PNE can play like they have been this season they can win this.

I would in some ways say the opposite. Though they have been guilty of some poor touches the times when Barkhuizen, Harrop and Maguire have got the ball on the ground and tried to play it between is when we have almost opened them up - there has actually been very little creativity from Pearson, Johnson and Gallagher. We have again too many times played it around and then just hoofed it upfield which is pointless when all you have to aim at is Barkhuizen. But we are back in it. Harrop has played a few nice touches and almost got his head to a cross early on but I might sacrifice him to get a bit more presence and guile right upfront...