PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Harry and Meghan

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
Statement by His Royal Highness
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex

01 OCTOBER 2019
As a couple, we believe in media freedom and objective, truthful reporting. We regard it as a cornerstone of democracy and in the current state of the world – on every level – we have never needed responsible media more.

Unfortunately, my wife has become one of the latest victims of a British tabloid press that wages campaigns against individuals with no thought to the consequences – a ruthless campaign that has escalated over the past year, throughout her pregnancy and while raising our newborn son.

There is a human cost to this relentless propaganda, specifically when it is knowingly false and malicious, and though we have continued to put on a brave face – as so many of you can relate to – I cannot begin to describe how painful it has been. Because in today’s digital age, press fabrications are repurposed as truth across the globe. One day’s coverage is no longer tomorrow’s chip-paper.

Up to now, we have been unable to correct the continual misrepresentations - something that these select media outlets have been aware of and have therefore exploited on a daily and sometimes hourly basis.

It is for this reason we are taking legal action, a process that has been many months in the making. The positive coverage of the past week from these same publications exposes the double standards of this specific press pack that has vilified her almost daily for the past nine months; they have been able to create lie after lie at her expense simply because she has not been visible while on maternity leave. She is the same woman she was a year ago on our wedding day, just as she is the same woman you’ve seen on this Africa tour.

For these select media this is a game, and one that we have been unwilling to play from the start. I have been a silent witness to her private suffering for too long. To stand back and do nothing would be contrary to everything we believe in.

This particular legal action hinges on one incident in a long and disturbing pattern of behaviour by British tabloid media. The contents of a private letter were published unlawfully in an intentionally destructive manner to manipulate you, the reader, and further the divisive agenda of the media group in question. In addition to their unlawful publication of this private document, they purposely misled you by strategically omitting select paragraphs, specific sentences, and even singular words to mask the lies they had perpetuated for over a year.

There comes a point when the only thing to do is to stand up to this behaviour, because it destroys people and destroys lives. Put simply, it is bullying, which scares and silences people. We all know this isn’t acceptable, at any level. We won’t and can’t believe in a world where there is no accountability for this.

Though this action may not be the safe one, it is the right one. Because my deepest fear is history repeating itself. I’ve seen what happens when someone I love is commoditised to the point that they are no longer treated or seen as a real person. I lost my mother and now I watch my wife falling victim to the same powerful forces.

We thank you, the public, for your continued support. It is hugely appreciated. Although it may not seem like it, we really need it.

Not often I praise the Royals but bloody well done.

Sort of agree but they don't half use the press to suit their agendas .He was banging on about shooting wildlife yesterday saying how bad it was but then does not worry about shooting deer game ect here. Or not showing their son saying they will keep him out the spotlight then parade him around Africa . Or the staged crap of him walking in a supposed minefield just so it looks like his mothers.
When it suits comes to mind

Sort of agree but they don't half use the press to suit their agendas .He was banging on about shooting wildlife yesterday saying how bad it was but then does not worry about shooting deer game ect here. Or not showing their son saying they will keep him out the spotlight then parade him around Africa . Or the staged crap of him walking in a supposed minefield just so it looks like his mothers.
When it suits comes to mind

If you don't mind me saying.... Bollocks.

Honestly Rob... you must be one hell of an anti-royalist to contemplate some sort of equivalence between Harry and Meghan promoting the fantastic, brave and essential work of people who clear minefields all day, every day - or stand up to dangerous elephant hunters (where the beneficiaries are those charities/projects and the Royals and the newspapers) - and the sort of relentless and merciless lies that are alleged.

Royalist or republican, one press relationship is related to a force for good. One is for one of the evils of our times.

My feeling is that it was quite an unpleasant post you made, to be frank.

Honestly Rob... you must be one hell of an anti-royalist to contemplate some sort of equivalence between Harry and Meghan promoting the fantastic, brave and essential work of people who clear minefields all day, every day - or stand up to dangerous elephant hunters (where the beneficiaries are those charities/projects and the Royals and the newspapers) - and the sort of relentless and merciless lies that are alleged.

Royalist or republican, one press relationship is related to a force for good. One is for one of the evils of our times.

Robs a lifelong BNP supporter. Theyre very into the Royals, however Meghan?

Also didnt help when they banned Mr Griffin from their garden party ;)

Not anti royalist at all just do not like the hypocrisy . As for the minefields yes they do a fantastic job those that clear the minefields but can you not see it was a chance for him not to promote the work they do but just to get that shot the same as his mothers when she walked that path.

Do you not find it hypocrisy he slams hunters who disgustingly kill elephants etc but yet he is very happy to shoot animals here because I do.

As for the lies if there are any against him or any member of the royal family I have no problem with them trying to put that right its nice they have the wealth and power to do that when many cant.

Robs a lifelong BNP supporter. Theyre very into the Royals, however Meghan?

Also didnt help when they banned Mr Griffin from their garden party ;)

That's a pathetic reply one I shall only offer with distain.

Tbh I sort of agree with Rob, I just hope that Harry doesn't blood young Archie the way he was. I do feel for the couple though, the press are complete bastards, who don't give a shite for anyone, just as long as they get a scoop or a naughty pic, and to alter wording to fit their hideous view points is an act which I find abhorrent. Which paper or magazine was it which he is taking to court? Just a good job for them her name isn't Jeremy. ;)

Not anti royalist at all just do not like the hypocrisy . As for the minefields yes they do a fantastic job those that clear the minefields but can you not see it was a chance for him not to promote the work they do but just to get that shot the same as his mothers when she walked that path.

Do you not find it hypocrisy he slams hunters who disgustingly kill elephants etc but yet he is very happy to shoot animals here because I do.

As for the lies if there are any against him or any member of the royal family I have no problem with them trying to put that right its nice they have the wealth and power to do that when many cant.

Of course there is a degree of self promotion (as I said in my first post). But isn't that how PR works... especially royal PR? It's the biggest value they bring to society. Photo opportunities that bring huge publicity and value to good causes,.

I mean... that African mine clearance project must have had such a massive boost from Diana going - and Harry replicating the pictures was FAR more powerful than if he'd just been photographed making a speech. And we know that children regularly face a lifetime with a missing leg because they keep standing on those bastard mines whilst playing or working in the fields / Small forest there. The faster those things are got out of the ground, the better.
And you round on Harry hugely for replicating Diana's famous photo op. I suspect that he might actually have preferred not to do it like that - he's not stupid and he'll know that he'd get some stick from people like you! But I think they're a really decent couple and he'd know that those images were worth ten times the publicity be cause he did it that way. He'll take a bit of stick, but if it gets those mines cleared faster...

Hunting. Yeah... he's hunted stuff - I think those animals would have been from "sustainable" sources rather than elephants or rhinos but still a whiff of hypocrisy on that one. Does he still hunt? But anyway, he will still be doing huge good for the anti-poaching.

And, just read again the accusation that they put against the Mail on Sunday - and others. Utterly disgusting. So if you have any gripes against royal engagements, I think you chose the wrong thread to put them forward. Not appropriate.

I like what raef posted and agree about the media but..... These "great", things the royals do is just clearly virtue signalling or 99 % virtue signalling.. they could do half the shit from behind the scenes and no media would know about it .. the mine thing, did he just turn up and start walking around when cams are there ? Or does he own a company/charity which clears mines? Cos that's another thing, he could do all this from behind the scenes ... Virtue signalling at its finest

Awww what such good people they are .. lol

Struggle to abide these two in all honesty, seem rather hypocritical on so many levels.

A casing point the other week where they kept bleating on about climate change and the need to improve - all the while waltzing about on private jets which are notoriously inefficient and bad for the environment.

I appreciate not all of their initiatives are bad and they may well be willing to speak up for noble causes at times, but I can't help but be irked by their 'wanting to be seen as perfect' carry-on.

As for the media and their gripe about them - in all honesty I would rather see less of them anyway, so I can get on board with that at least.

Struggle to abide these two in all honesty, seem rather hypocritical on so many levels.

A casing point the other week where they kept bleating on about climate change and the need to improve - all the while waltzing about on private jets which are notoriously inefficient and bad for the environment.

I appreciate not all of their initiatives are bad and they may well be willing to speak up for noble causes at times, but I can't help but be irked by their 'wanting to be seen as perfect' carry-on.

As for the media and their gripe about them - in all honesty I would rather see less of them anyway, so I can get on board with that at least.
See nobody is perfect and most people understand that and dont for a second they think they are.

What they do do is use their substantial platform to highlight issues that need addressing.

I'm not a Royalist by any stretch (big surprise I'm sure!) But I dont have any problem with them doing what they do and I believe everybody has a right to privacy or at the very least an accurate reporting of the truth.

Key word! Climate change and all that! Let’s not forget the £2m plus to decorate their home, funded by the tax payer of coarse ?

They are treated and act like superstars so they should take the same shit..... It's not right of course but does anyone really give two f's?... No doubt they'll win in court and donate the proceeds to charity.

They are treated and act like superstars so they should take the same shit..... It's not right of course but does anyone really give two f's?... No doubt they'll win in court and donate the proceeds to charity.

They will win in court. Its all down to privacy and copyright. But I know fuck all ?