PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Bayliss' injury

Thankfully were not Rovers just bizarre that our big season spend will not feature, thus not helping our efforts Now, which is surely our need
I guess if you view it purely in terms of transfer fee then what would Pearson cost if someone tried to buy him? What would Browne cost? And Johnson? All well over £5m you'd think. No surprise then that Bayliss isn't ahead of them if he's worth around£1.8-2m. Potts and Ledson are probably similar to Bayliss in terms of value, but as the new boy and the youngster he has to earn his place ahead of them. Gallagher is the outlier of course, because due to his age he probably has very little transfer value. But what would it cost us to replace him with a similar player.

Yes, Bayliss is our record signing but even looking at players as financial assets rather than playing assets, that doesn't make him our highest valued player. This club has thrived by developing new signings into players worth more than we paid for them. Bayliss hasn't yet gone through that process, so he's still behind the others. Hopefully, in two years time he'll be a first team player worth five times what he is now and we'll be talking about as whether we can keep hold of him or not.

I'd argue that with Davies, Pearson, Browne and Johnson potentially moving on, Gallagher retiring soon and Bodin out of contract at the end of the season we'll be more in need of players to slot in next season than we are this one. Of course we could just buy everything we need for the coming season every summer but doing that we couldn't afford the standard of player we can get if we buy early, develop, and have them ready to step in once the corresponding experienced player leaves (in Bayliss's case I presume Gallagher).
Sounds a great strategy - but I'm curious, who's going to be ready to "step in" next season if Davies, Pearson, Browne, Johnson, Gallagher and Bodin all decide to "move on".

What’s happening with Bodin ???? Played in bounce game , then nothing did he get another tweak ???

Sounds a great strategy - but I'm curious, who's going to be ready to "step in" next season if Davies, Pearson, Browne, Johnson, Gallagher and Bodin all decide to "move on".
Doubt they'll all decide to move on, Storey, Ledson, Potts and Harrop look to be the understudies to Davies, Pearson, Browne and Johnson, Bayliss for Gallagher and potentially Ginnelly for Bodin. They obviously aren't all ready (some might never be) and if all left at the end of this season we'd be in trouble. If, as has happened in the past, one leaves then with a few signings in other areas of the team I think a few of them could step in and do adequately.

Doubt they'll all decide to move on, Storey, Ledson, Potts and Harrop look to be the understudies to Davies, Pearson, Browne and Johnson, Bayliss for Gallagher and potentially Ginnelly for Bodin. They obviously aren't all ready (some might never be) and if all left at the end of this season we'd be in trouble. If, as has happened in the past, one leaves then with a few signings in other areas of the team I think a few of them could step in and do adequately.
I agree with the bolded part.

Hiding the injury leaves opposition managers with 1 more variable to think about. And he's been absent from training, how could they not know about an injury if he was absent from training? I'll scratch whoever is this stupid if they do it again.

Hiding the injury leaves opposition managers with 1 more variable to think about. And he's been absent from training, how could they not know about an injury if he was absent from training? I'll scratch whoever is this stupid if they do it again.
As Leeds found out last year opposition staff aren't allowed to watch teams train...