PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

How the media works

Now the Times is blaming special needs kids for the government not funding schools properly.

EG2ABKrXUAAJ0d2

Seems you like the press when it comes to anything against the Cons! See I’m becoming neutral to do with all the political parties now! What I will say though the majority in the House of Commons have become a joke and watching what goes on in there half the time is a comedy show. Sorry but that’s how I see it at the moment and I’m sure there’s plenty of others with the same view....

Now the Times is blaming special needs kids for the government not funding schools properly.

EG2ABKrXUAAJ0d2
Of course we had the Queen's speech telling us that theyre going to fund education and make it best in class while forgetting to mention their cuts since 2010 are the reason the system is grossly underfunded. It's comedy gold

Picked this up on another forum, but a really good discussion about how the media reports information from government and the use of unnamed sources. The original article from Peter Oborne, who I consider a good and principled journalist:

The reply from Robert Peston:

Peston also referred to it on Twitter - and received a bit of a kicking in the comments!

Making for a good debate for those of you interested in journalism. :)

Picked this up on another forum, but a really good discussion about how the media reports information from government and the use of unnamed sources. The original article from Peter Oborne, who I consider a good and principled journalist:

The reply from Robert Peston:

Peston also referred to it on Twitter - and received a bit of a kicking in the comments!

Making for a good debate for those of you interested in journalism. :)

This has been rumbling on for some time. FWIW, IMO, Peston is in danger of playing the useful idiot for Dom and Boris

This has been rumbling on for some time. FWIW, Peston is in danger of playing the useful idiot for Dom and Boris
Yup - part of a much wider conflict. Much the same in the US, too - one half of the media shilling from Trump, the other for Hillary et al., and few actually stopping to question anything. Any journalist who does question is attacked mercilessly.

No surprise that the US and UK have the least-trusted media in the Western world. Have seen Peston put out misinformation (whether intentional or just that he didn't check, I don't know) more than a few times on Twitter.

OMG have some of you at last woken up to the bleeding obvious

Of course every Newspaper has its own agenda (usually set by the Owners) when as it ever been any different

The most disturbing fact is the News Channels (which are supposed to be Independent) are now following suit, most are either following what the editors or News readers believe, very little of balance is now on show, except for such as Andrew Neil who at least interviews armed with facts and ‘grills’ the ‘Victim’ with equal vigour no matter what he personally thinks

The days of Richard Dimblebye (or even David) are long gone among the rest

OMG have some of you at last woken up to the bleeding obvious

Of course every Newspaper has its own agenda (usually set by the Owners) when as it ever been any different

The most disturbing fact is the News Channels (which are supposed to be Independent) are now following suit, most are either following what the editors or News readers believe, very little of balance is now on show, except for such as Andrew Neil who at least interviews armed with facts and ‘grills’ the ‘Victim’ with equal vigour no matter what he personally thinks

The days of Richard Dimblebye (or even David) are long gone among the rest
I think we all know that thanks John, but thanks for pointing it out ;)

Sun-benefits-tourism-stor-009.jpg

And as per usual, eventually tucked away somewhere difficult to find, weeks later.

6a011570c131b2970c019b0087df39970c-800wi

Im sorry but this is in no way accidental and causes real problems with the freedom of the press. Is that freedom a carte blanche to spread wanton lies?

.... and a few months later, on the back of a campaign with big focus on controlling our borders, we voted Leave. Of course, we DID know what we were voting for ?

Of course we had the Queen's speech telling us that theyre going to fund education and make it best in class while forgetting to mention their cuts since 2010 are the reason the system is grossly underfunded. It's comedy gold

Don’t forget the 20,000 extra police officers ?

Well worth a watch I will let you make your own minds up.

ROBERT STUART - 'FABRICATION IN BBC PANORAMA'S 'SAVING SYRIA'S CHILDREN'

EG2ABKrXUAAJ0d2

what it’s not telling you is that Special needs kids got little to no help for a very long time. A child that needed statementing twenty years ago got so much help but, a child in exactly the same situation ten years later got nothing and was just left to struggle in mainstream and be bullied or, go completely off the rails. The help those children needed but didn’t get will affect them for the rest of their lives. It makes me so bloody angry.

Will try to find time to look at that later, Rob - looks interesting.

A lot of the Syria narrative we were fed now seems to be unravelling under closer scrutiny. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out - especially considering the abuse dished out to anyone asking questions about these 'rebels'.

Will try to find time to look at that later, Rob - looks interesting.

A lot of the Syria narrative we were fed now seems to be unravelling under closer scrutiny. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out - especially considering the abuse dished out to anyone asking questions about these 'rebels'.

I thought it was well established that we used terrorists and Islamic fundamentalists to fight Assad

I thought it was well established that we used terrorists and Islamic fundamentalists to fight Assad
It is (although even that line of reasoning met with resistance at the time) - I am more on about anyone questioning the nature of the various chemical attacks and whether some were staged or committed by the rebels. Even journalists asking questions about the narrative received abuse from their fellow journalists - pro-Russia, Assad-lovers etc.

While they blew smoke up Eliot Higgins' arse.

I remember talking about this a while back on the syria thread, theres so much that doesnt add up.