PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Green loan ended and joins Charlton on loan. (Confirmed)

I know a lot of our loan signings of premier league outfield youngsters haven't really worked out in recent seasons, but isn't it PNE's part of the deal to improve and bring on these players while they are with us? Why does this never seem to happen at PNE?

I know a lot of our loan signings of premier league outfield youngsters haven't really worked out in recent seasons, but isn't it PNE's part of the deal to improve and bring on these players while they are with us? Why does this never seem to happen at PNE?

Because most of the time we sign the crap ones who aren't ready for such a high level yet

I guess Pickford did work and to a lesser extent Sam Johnstone, although granted these do seem like the exceptions.

I would say Beckham was the last one we 'improved' although we have had a few who were pretty mediocre at Deepdale and have gone on to be decent players - Welbeck, Josh King and Andy Carroll for example. But certainly, recent ones just haven't worked out. Maybe they just aren't good enough? For the likes of Nmecha, Barker, Mavididi and Green, time will tell.

We don’t loan in players anymore, and I’m really glad we don’t, it’s far better to sign players on a permanent basis and develop them for your own benefit. They also get a fairer crack of the whip from the head coach and fans alike, we’re far more patient when it’s a player we own

Brought in because the owner wouldn’t spend any real money, and this way we could make it look like we were making moves in the window

Thing is with Green on paper it looked like it could be a good move but there were always going to be questions about whether or not he could adapt to the defensive side of things that AN demands from wide players.

The persistent toe injury has probably played a big part in the time it took him to adapt (or not) which is why it hasn't worked out.

Thing is with Green on paper it looked like it could be a good move but there were always going to be questions about whether or not he could adapt to the defensive side of things that AN demands from wide players.

The persistent toe injury has probably played a big part in the time it took him to adapt (or not) which is why it hasn't worked out.
I don’t know I never felt confident. Poor goal return at villa, and the fact that he was getting loaned out in the last year of his contract stank of villa not rating him and wanting him off the wage because no one wanted to buy him permanently

I don’t know I never felt confident. Poor goal return at villa, and the fact that he was getting loaned out in the last year of his contract stank of villa not rating him and wanting him off the wage because no one wanted to buy him permanently
Played an active role in their promotion push so as I say on paper it had potential but as a replacement for Robbo you are right the goal return was insufficient.

Brought in because the owner wouldn’t spend any real money, and this way we could make it look like we were making moves in the window
He spent £2m on a player that hasn't kicked a ball yet... Would you give AN more money to spend?

He spent £2m on a player that hasn't kicked a ball yet... Would you give AN more money to spend?
Firstly, I was under the impression that Bayliss didn’t break the fee, so it wouldn’t have been two million.
Secondly, maybe people who are talking about bringing Bayliss in - have we considered he maybe isn’t very good?

We don’t loan in players anymore, and I’m really glad we don’t, it’s far better to sign players on a permanent basis and develop them for your own benefit. They also get a fairer crack of the whip from the head coach and fans alike, we’re far more patient when it’s a player we own
Like Bayliss for example !!!!

This is best for everybody. We now need to bring in a central midfielder with drive and energy - get such a player and we may get more from the players we currently have for those 'wide' positions Barkhuizen, Maguire, Harrop and Bodin.

Firstly, I was under the impression that Bayliss didn’t break the fee, so it wouldn’t have been two million.
Secondly, maybe people who are talking about bringing Bayliss in - have we considered he maybe isn’t very good?

if he isn’t considered good enough to even make his first team debut, why the hell have we paid so much money for him?