PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Team v Charlton

You are right in saying he is a much more talented player than those you have mentioned. To be honest he is probably one of the most talented players in our squad in terms of technique and touch.

But his talent, which I've never denied, needs to be shown and used efficiently.

His goal record this season is something that can't be argued with. But what can be argued with is his contribution to the team in other aspects such as defensively and creativity, which have been lacking since the moment he joined. He's 24 years old now. He needs to stop playing like a youth team player.
I have seen Mourinho talking about Troy Parrot and saying going on loan abroad or to the Championship would do him no good at 17. He just needs to look at how far behind in his development Harrop is in comparison to say Mount at Chelsea as a reason why a loan would be perfect.

You are right in saying he is a much more talented player than those you have mentioned. To be honest he is probably one of the most talented players in our squad in terms of technique and touch.

But his talent, which I've never denied, needs to be shown and used efficiently.

His goal record this season is something that can't be argued with. But what can be argued with is his contribution to the team in other aspects such as defensively and creativity, which have been lacking since the moment he joined. He's 24 years old now. He needs to stop playing like a youth team player.
Harrop reminds me of Jesse Lingard....obviously on a different level.
Both have all the skills needed at the levels they are at but unfortunately both have flattered to deceive.
I’m happy for AN to give him a good run in the team due to his recent long injury however it really is make or break time for him and he has to be far more consistent.

Fisher and Hughes at fullback for me. Midfield Pearson and Gally. Would play Harrop off Stockley down the middle with old favourites Maguire and Barky out wide.Bit harsh on Browne missing out but great sub as covers many positions.
Rudd

Fisher
Bauer
Davies
Hughes

Barkhuizen
Gally /Browne
Pearson
Maguire /Sinclair

Harrop
Stockley/ Nugent

Rudd

Fisher
Bauer
Davies
Rafferty

Pearson
Bayliss

Barkhuizen
Harrop
Sinclair

Stockley

Maguire could do with some time out of the team, and to a lesser extent Browne.

Gallagher should be used as a calm head late on in tight games, he’s been very poor recently. I’d like to see Bayliss who was marked down as a long term replacement given some games, Charlton at home is a perfect time to start.

Stockley is probably the best option to use with the current hoof ball tactics we’re using. If we are to get it down and play, as we have at times this season, Nugent should start.

Rudd

Fisher
Bauer
Davies
Rafferty

Pearson
Bayliss

Barkhuizen
Harrop
Sinclair

Nugent

If Ginnelly isn't going to get a go and the youth teamers not trusted then Sinclair HAS to start. If Maguire or Potts get a go it's going to more than disheartening as failure continues to be rewarded under Neil. Not seeing the Nugent hate, he starts for me with Stockley to come on if the game gets choppy. Come to think of it, Barky's had a lot of games recently and should get a rest but there isn't really anyone to step in?

Rudd

fisher
Bauer
Davies
Hughes if ready

pearson
Potts or Bayliss

barky
Harrop
Sinclair

nugent

bench
Ripley
Raff or potts/bayliss from first team
Hunts
Gally
Browne
Maguire
Stockley

Rudd
Fisher, Bauer, Davies, Hughes
Pearson, Ledson
Barkhuizen, Harrop, Sinclair
Stockley(or new signing!)

Ripley, Rafferty, Huntington, Gallagher, Browne, Maguire, Nugent

Rudd
Fisher, Bauer, Davies, Hughes
Pearson, Ledson
Barkhuizen, Harrop, Sinclair
Stockley(or new signing!)

Ripley, Rafferty, Huntington, Gallagher, Browne, Maguire, Nugent

I'd agree with that, except possibly Bayliss in place of Ledson.

AN has already said that he loves Harrop and his attacking abilities but they are still in the process of working on his defensive game. We have to consider that we lost a full year regards this side of his game in his crucial 2nd year here. It is almost like we are back at Jan 2018 regards his defensive side.

It'll come. The lad is obviously a clever footballer. Clever enough to learn.

New Contract for Harrop please.

AN has already said that he loves Harrop and his attacking abilities but they are still in the process of working on his defensive game. We have to consider that we lost a full year regards this side of his game in his crucial 2nd year here. It is almost like we are back at Jan 2018 regards his defensive side.

I think love may be an exaggeration on your part as if he did in fact love him then he would play him as much as he's played Bodin when they've been fit. Bodin also can't do the defensive side but always is picked ahead of Harrop.

I think love may be an exaggeration on your part as if he did in fact love him then he would play him as much as he's played Bodin when they've been fit. Bodin also can't do the defensive side but always is picked ahead of Harrop.
I can't find the bloody article but AN was gushing in Harrops attacking abilities whilst confirming that they were still working on his defensive side.

Should I stumble upon the article, I'll post it.

Ok, "love" might have been the wrong word off memory but the gist of what I was saying still holds. Substitute "love" for "always".

Preston manager Alex Neil:

"He's (Harrop) one of those you always want to put in the team, but sometimes when you play the teams that can move the ball really well, defensively we still need to do a bit of work with him.

"That's something we need to improve on. But what he does give us is a real threat going the other way.

"In recent weeks, we've struggled to score and then he smashes that in and it's a stunning strike.

We lost him for 9 months at the most, and yet you have knocked two years off (Jan 2020 to Jan 2018). Even during those 9 months he should have been watching the team and seeing what the manager expects of each of the players in the three behind the lone striker. Understanding the need to apply yourself to tracking back isn't rocket science.

We lost him for 9 months at the most, and yet you have knocked two years off (Jan 2020 to Jan 2018). Even during those 9 months he should have been watching the team and seeing what the manager expects of each of the players in the three behind the lone striker. Understanding the need to apply yourself to tracking back isn't rocket science.
I think you misunderstood me.

I am comparing Aug - Jan (Year 1) to Aug - Jan (Year 3). They have obviously had to start from scratch again due to the length of time out, both Alex and Josh.

Year 2, bar about the first 5 games, was a complete write off for the lad due to suffering an ACL, I'm sure you agree.

Browne needs a run in the team in one position. He has been used everywhere. The curse of the model pro who can play a multitude of positions.
I have to admit he has suffered a little of late.
Would like to see Pearson Browne / Potts in the midfield role energy a plenty.
Harrop as a 10 could be a good use.
AN expects the players to all work hard from the strikers back.

Browne needs a run in the team in one position. He has been used everywhere. The curse of the model pro who can play a multitude of positions.
I have to admit he has suffered a little of late.
Would like to see Pearson Browne / Potts in the midfield role energy a plenty.
Harrop as a 10 could be a good use.
AN expects the players to all work hard from the strikers back.
I think you make a valid point with regards to the role of Browne.
For me it all revolves around AN being too ‘rigid’ with Pearson’s ‘holding role’.
They are both intelligent players and if one pushed forward the other would sit in.
The role Pearson has been given is almost restricting his development in my opinion.

Interesting that Green played the whole 90 minutes for Charlton on Saturday never having had a look in at Deepdale. He’s going to be up for it next match to prove to AN what he could have done !

Yesterday's attacking players apart from Harrop for Nugent were the same ones that failed to score at home to Middlesbrough so why would we expect to freely score against Rovers away?
cos Rovers defence is worse than MBoro's on current form ??

RE sinclair (ref other posts) do we think he would have been able to chase Nyambe back for the 50 mins he was on the pitch ??....more likely they would be have come off injured.!