PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Terror attack?

Well i hope is victims are OK
As for him? I hope the Cops were accurate and he's past hurting anyone else

It has. But so has the way in which the security and emergency services deal with said incidents. Streatham is a good way from central London yet still they were literally on top of the situation within minutes, a huge amount of area to cover ?
effectively there are two pathways to address, the clear and present danger which it looks we are and the prevention in the first place which is a much different matter.
very little being said about the victims. Here’s praying there are no major injuries or heaven help us fatalities

Hopefully he's dead.... London seems to be becoming like America but without the guns thank god... Hopefully it stays that way. Fingers crossed for the victims.

Hopefully he's dead.... London seems to be becoming like America but without the guns thank god... Hopefully it stays that way. Fingers crossed for the victims.
He is
And thank god the legal system only allows the trained professionals to be legally armed.
It’s horrifying with knives. Imagine if you could walk into a shop and buy a gun

And before some smart arse replies, no, I don't think it's Jeremy Corbyn's fault.

On the 1st December Boris Johnson said this:

"Now that I am prime minister I'm going to take steps to make sure that people are not released early when they commit... serious sexual, violent or terrorist offences," he said.

"I absolutely deplore the that fact that this man was out on the streets... and we are going to take action against it."

Mr Johnson said there were "probably about 74 people" convicted of serious offences who had been released early - a figure confirmed by the Ministry of Justice.

The prime minister said action had been taken immediately following London Bridge attack "to ensure there is no threat to the public".

aye OK.

Thanks.

Just had a quick look at that, that looks to be a pretty comprehensive series of checks, including mental health, that have to be gone through.
Yes your GP is now involved, even though my GP wouldn’t know me if they ran me over. Legal firearm owners are amongst the most checked, scrutinised and law abiding members of the public. One small misdemeanour can lead to your certificate being revoked and armed response smashing your door down to take your guns off you. There are over 1.3 million LEGALLY held rifles and shotguns in civilian hands in the UK.

Thanks.

Just had a quick look at that, that looks to be a pretty comprehensive series of checks, including mental health, that have to be gone through.
Although with the knee jerk reaction of revoking certificates of people suffering mental health issues. I fear it may lead to certificate holders suffering mental health problems not seeking assistance. Fearful that their certificates will be revoked and they won’t get them back.

Although with the knee jerk reaction of revoking certificates of people suffering mental health issues. I fear it may lead to certificate holders suffering mental health problems not seeking assistance. Fearful that their certificates will be revoked and they won’t get them back.
Good point.

Becoming the new norm now this.

Incident happens.... Politicians come out saying shit like "we will not be divided, terrorists will not defeat our way of life" ect.... Social media handles changed to pray for the wounded.... Reports that the perpetrators were out of prison (without serving full sentence).... Govt say they will tighten up on sentences.... And then we go again.

What's the answer? I'm buggered if I know.