PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Stoke

Far too much sentimentality amongst our fans. Clarke hasn’t been good enough for 3 years. He’s a back up and when Fisher is available he plays every time and I’m sure Neil learnt that in the Reading game.

'for 3 years' is a bit harsh but having seen his recent performances the summer might be the best time to give him a proper farewell before Gally's retirement at the end of 2020/21.

'for 3 years' is a bit harsh but having seen his recent performances the summer might be the best time to give him a proper farewell before Gally's retirement at the end of 2020/21.

It is. There wasn’t a single moan on the thread when he got a new contract. However I expect he’ll depart this summer.

Aye maybe Kingy but he has a point. We opened Wigan up twice with movement an nicely weighted passes on the ground. Look at the goal away at Leeds, break up Leeds play, another nicely weighted pass from Pearl upto Barky an onto Browne, another goal
There's 11 other players on the pitch whose job it is to stop us doing that though. Everyone can come up with general statements like 'play it on the floor', no one comes up with a way to make it happen and negate the influence of the 11 players trying to stop us. It certainly aint 'simples'

There's 11 other players on the pitch whose job it is to stop us doing that though. Everyone can come up with general statements like 'play it on the floor', no one comes up with a way to make it happen and negate the influence of the 11 players trying to stop us. It certainly aint 'simples'
Football is far more simple played on the ground, rather than lumping it long straight onto the head of a tall centre half. Regarding making it happen that’s down to the manager to pick the team, Stoke are predominately a big side with the exception of ince and allen so football at pace and on the ground, really is that simple big centre halves hate pace and fast passing

Football is far more simple played on the ground, rather than lumping it long straight onto the head of a tall centre half. Regarding making it happen that’s down to the manager to pick the team, Stoke are predominately a big side with the exception of ince and allen so football at pace and on the ground, really is that simple big centre halves hate pace and fast passing
It really isn't that simple if your response to how we make it happen is 'that's the managers job'. It's simple to say we should do it but making it happen aint.

It really isn't that simple if your response to how we make it happen is 'that's the managers job'. It's simple to say we should do it but making it happen aint.
Well who’s job is it if it ain’t the managers job ? Surely it’s AN job to pick a side that can go out and deliver his instructions on the pitch

Well who’s job is it if it ain’t the managers job ? Surely it’s AN job to pick a side that can go out and deliver his instructions on the pitch
Of course it is, but the fact you couldn't come up with a way to do what you're saying is simple proves that it isn't simple, if it was simple we'd all be able to sort out tactics to play quick passing football no matter the opposition

It is. There wasn’t a single moan on the thread when he got a new contract. However I expect he’ll depart this summer.
Both OoC in the summer of 2020.

Of the two, I can only see Gally getting a 1 year deal at most.

Of course it is, but the fact you couldn't come up with a way to do what you're saying is simple proves that it isn't simple, if it was simple we'd all be able to sort out tactics to play quick passing football no matter the opposition
Ok then I’ll give it a go, Pearson and Browne holding with Johnson/Harrop in the 10 Barkhuzen right Sinclair left with Maguire/Nugent up top football on the ground no sideways/backwards passing game played at a high tempo bish bash bosh 3 points to Pne

no sideways/backwards passing
We do that we lose the ball as quickly as we get it. You have Rudd rolling it out to Davies/Bauer and them forbidden to pass anywhere but forward they just press, cover a couple of our men and get it back straight away more often than not. 'Get it forward high tempo' is the new 'big man little man whip crosses in'. It just aint that simple.

Aye maybe Kingy but he has a point. We opened Wigan up twice with movement an nicely weighted passes on the ground. Look at the goal away at Leeds, break up Leeds play, another nicely weighted pass from Pearl upto Barky an onto Browne, another goal

Do you not think we’d open up teams with movement and nicely weighted passes every game if it was that easy? Why wouldn’t we want to do that?

As for no sideways or backwards passing, saying things like that just makes you sound stupid.

Lets hope our game against Stoke gets called off for wednesday!

It's bad enough playing in normal wind conditions at bet365, but to play in these atrocious conditions is not acceptable!
I think that the winds will have subsided by Wednesday night........ BBC weather says wind strengths of just 8 mph at kick off time

I think that the winds will have subsided by Wednesday night........ BBC weather says wind strengths of just 8 mph at kick off time

I hope AN has studied meteorologist so he can prepare our team better at bet365 tomorrow night!