PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

McLean on Pearson

You're right, what McLean did was a red card. If Pearson was facing him and he slammed his arm/elbow into Pearson at the same height he would have been sent off for sure. A yellow for Pearson was right as well. The ref always evens it up in these situations. If he didn't then 5 minutes later Pearson would have tried to get his own back.

Pearson seems to do what he did regularly. Tackle someone after the whistle has gone, pretending he doesn't know play has been stopped. That's what casued McClean to react. Yellow for Pearson was right but should've been red for McClean.

Pearson seems to do what he did regularly. Tackle someone after the whistle has gone, pretending he doesn't know play has been stopped. That's what casued McClean to react. Yellow for Pearson was right but should've been red for McClean.

Has Pearson had a hearing test? Might explain it....

In Pearson’s defence at least he didn’t roll around on the floor crying. He shot straight up and if he’d been able to get to the Stoke lad he would have knocked seven bells out of him. Call me old fashioned, but there’s something about that I like.

In Pearson’s defence at least he didn’t roll around on the floor crying. He shot straight up and if he’d been able to get to the Stoke lad he would have knocked seven bells out of him. Call me old fashioned, but there’s something about that I like.

Haha aye it's not old fashioned it's a reaction that probably saved McClean a straight red, however, on this occasion Ben should've just stayed down and took a min to look pretty battered, don't roll around holding your face just should've stayed down and made the ref make a decision.

Here is what I don't get...………...not just the referee, but two other people (referred to nowadays as I think referees assistants, used to be linesmen) didn't see this incident of McLean's cowardly physical assault on Pearson?????
I am not blatantly defending Pearson, he has brought many of these yellow cards on himself with his lack of discipline and earned reputation over the seasons, but three officials (four counting the fourth official, but not sure if he has authority to bring incidents like this one to the referee) failed to see the incident.

Why are these guys being paid with such incompetence?

Here is what I don't get...………...not just the referee, but two other people (referred to nowadays as I think referees assistants, used to be linesmen) didn't see this incident of McLean's cowardly physical assault on Pearson?????
I am not blatantly defending Pearson, he has brought many of these yellow cards on himself with his lack of discipline and earned reputation over the seasons, but three officials (four counting the fourth official, but not sure if he has authority to bring incidents like this one to the referee) failed to see the incident.

Why are these guys being paid with such incompetence?
It was disgraceful from McClean and it was right under the ref's nose.