PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Can we get into a Play-Off place?

Think 83 points will be enough for 2nd unless one of Fulham/Leeds goes on six match winning run.

West Brom still got lots of tough fixtures left btw so important not to lose at the Hawthorns for once.

9 wins and 3 draws from last 14, tough but not impossible.

Think 83 points will be enough for 2nd unless one of Fulham/Leeds goes on six match winning run.

West Brom still got lots of tough fixtures left btw so important not to lose at the Hawthorns for once.

9 wins and 3 draws from last 14, tough but not impossible.
very very very very very very very tough

very very very very very very very tough

6 home games left so really need to win them all or at worst five.

For aways can't be dropping points at Luton, I fancy a win rather than another Hillsborough horror show (have visions of DJ and Pearson having a fight and both getting banned for play offs!), a shock win at West Brom and then the annual one at Bristol City on the last day which could be a lively one.

If the form table for the last 14 games is replicated, then West Brom 85, and Brentford 81 would go up.
Fulham 80. Brizzle 77 and 2 from Leeds, Forest and PNE who'd be all stuck on 75 points.

We can do "what ifs" till the cows come home.

If we can avoid too many injuries and suspensions, I have faith in the lads to finish in the top two. :)

If we finish behind West brom who I think will clinch the title, AN should be knighted and the club should put up a statue of him near the ground.

He could be the only manager to get us promoted in history (in the modern game) on a shoe string budget to the prem. Other managers have come and gone for pastures new!

It would be remarkable achievement for him on a personal level to add a 3rd promotion on his CV having already done so with Hamilton and Norwich at a very young age.

If we finish behind West brom who I think will clinch the title, AN should be knighted and the club should put up a statue of him near the ground.

He could be the only manager to get us promoted in history (in the modern game) on a shoe string budget to the prem. Other managers have come and gone for pastures new!

It would be remarkable achievement for him on a personal level to add a 3rd promotion on his CV having already done so with Hamilton and Norwich at a very young age.

I agree entirely. It would be an achievement of gargantuan proportions.

However, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. A win tomorrow first and then.............................................:)

I agree entirely. It would be an achievement of gargantuan proportions.

However, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. A win tomorrow first and then.............................................:)

Even AN know's we can get one of the automatics. If that doesnt give you optimism then I dont know what else would 😊

It's like having the bookies making you odds on to win a football match. And we know they are 90% correct!

Even AN know's we can get one of the automatics. If that doesnt give you optimism then I dont know what else would 😊

It's like having the bookies making you odds on to win a football match. And we know they are 90% correct!

Jesus Christ pal. You waved the white flag a few weeks ago saying you was not going on again. You wasn’t optimistic then and that was only two games ago.

Hull having a great match tonight, winning 3-2. They need to win to keep outside chances of the play-offs alive. If Milwall lose against us they can wave goodbye to the play-offs. Sheffield Wednesday and Swansea are getting into a similar predicament with 14 games left.

Jesus Christ pal. You waved the white flag a few weeks ago saying you was not going on again. You wasn’t optimistic then and that was only two games ago.

If you read properly I said I am giving up on Hemmings and his lack of support for strenghening the team and management.

If you read properly I said I am giving up on Hemmings and his lack of support for strenghening the team and management.

apologies. I got you confused with someone else. It was john123 who said he had thrown in the white towel. Let’s support the team. We are going up!

As things stand if we get 2 points per game over our final 14 games there’s a 1 in 3 chance we get automatic promotion. That would require 8 wins, 4 draws and allow 2 losses. Tiny increases in the points rate do a lot to improve those chances (2.07ppg = 1 in 2, 2.14 = 2 in 3, 2.21 = 3 in 4).

Meanwhile 1.4 points per game is enough to have a strong shout at playoffs (73 points is probably enough this year) and get in them 6 of 10 times, that’s 5 wins 5 draws 2 losses, or 6 wins, 2 draws, 6 losses. Again small increases in points per game drastically increase our chances of making the play offs. (1.5ppg = 8 in 10, 1.57ppg = 9 in 10, 1.64 = 95 in 100, 1.71 = 99 in 100, 1.79 = almost guaranteed).

Our current season’s PPG is 1.66 currently. Keep that up and we are almost certainly going to make the playoffs and 99 times out of 100 won’t make the automatics.

Our last 5 games we got 2.6 ppg (keep that up and we are definitely automatically promoted, probably champions).

Last 10 is 1.6ppg (95% chance of playoffs)
Last 14 is 1.57ppg (90% chance of playoffs)

Long story short, if we can keep up our long term form we can make the playoffs. If we can keep up our short term form we really could make automatics. It’s all to play for!

As things stand if we get 2 points per game over our final 14 games there’s a 1 in 3 chance we get automatic promotion. That would require 8 wins, 4 draws and allow 2 losses. Tiny increases in the points rate do a lot to improve those chances (2.07ppg = 1 in 2, 2.14 = 2 in 3, 2.21 = 3 in 4).

Meanwhile 1.4 points per game is enough to have a strong shout at playoffs (73 points is probably enough this year) and get in them 6 of 10 times, that’s 5 wins 5 draws 2 losses, or 6 wins, 2 draws, 6 losses. Again small increases in points per game drastically increase our chances of making the play offs. (1.5ppg = 8 in 10, 1.57ppg = 9 in 10, 1.64 = 95 in 100, 1.71 = 99 in 100, 1.79 = almost guaranteed).

Our current season’s PPG is 1.66 currently. Keep that up and we are almost certainly going to make the playoffs and 99 times out of 100 won’t make the automatics.

Our last 5 games we got 2.6 ppg (keep that up and we are definitely automatically promoted, probably champions).

Long story short, if we can keep up our long term form we can make the playoffs. If we can keep up our short term form we really could make automatics. It’s all to play for!
I bet you're the life and soul at a dinner party.😁

apologies. I got you confused with someone else. It was john123 who said he had thrown in the white towel. Let’s support the team. We are going up!
Tbf, he said after the window closed that he wouldn’t be going on anymore games, so I can understand why you might have got confused

Some interesting figures in there. In essence maintaining this run of form may well take us up.

Should know by the end of the month what we should be aiming for.

8-10 points from the next 4 would leave us in a great position I feel.