PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Match Day - West Brom v PNE - 25/02/2020 - KO:20:00 - Championship

JK

I try not to fly in the face of public opinion!
Staff member
Patron
index.php

image.php
1880badge.png

West Bromwich Albion v Preston North End
Tuesday 24th February 2020 , Kick Off 8PM
Championship
All links to streaming sites will be deleted.
Match Preview: From The Finney -
An independent, fan-run website on Preston North End.

Last edited:
Think we’ll sneak a draw tonight. Doesn’t really matter if we lose tbh but anything other than that would be a success.

I cannot understand why posters are stating they don’t mind if we lose tonight!
Why lose?
I would want at least 4 points out of our next 2 games.
The game at Deepdale showed we can compete with WBA and only for a shocking decision by the ref, we would have had a draw!
So tonight with a ‘stronger’ team out than last time, let us go for it!
I would like us to score first and see what we do from there, we seem to be better when scoring first.
We need to pick up the points, to keep the points clear of other teams below us and possibly close the gap on those above us.
There are some 6 pointers coming up in these next couple of games, let us hope that we come home with the points and prove to everyone that we are up there on merit!!

If Edwards is playing I hope someone folds him in two in the first five minutes.

I’m not usually a big fan of our employment of darker arts, but after their cheating to win the last game I hope we kick seven shades of shit out of them. Physical team, gets the lads up for it and turn it into a battle. They aren’t that good, we’ve definitely got a chance

The thing we did best at Deepdale was to nullify Pereira and in the end he was reduced to looking like a pub team player. We did the same with Diangana but I don’t think he’ll be playing tonight. If we can play like we did away at Leeds, I believe we’ll come back with all 3 points.

WBA have scored the first goal in 9 home league games this season and have gone on to win 5 of them and drawn the other 4.
They have conceded the first goal in 7 home league games and have gone on to win 2, draw 3 and lose the other 2.
They have only kept 1 clean sheet at home.

PNE have scored the first goal in 9 away league games and have gone on to win 5 of them, draw 3 and lose 1. In those games we have scored 14 and conceded 7.
We have conceded the first goal in 6 away league games and have lost 5 of them and drew the other. In those games we scored 1 and conceded 10.
We have not scored in the last 15 minutes away from home in the league this season.

I’m not usually a big fan of our employment of darker arts, but after their cheating to win the last game I hope we kick seven shades of shit out of them. Physical team, gets the lads up for it and turn it into a battle. They aren’t that good, we’ve definitely got a chance

No need to kick them to death - but get Fisher in the box as often as possible 😉

I cannot understand why posters are stating they don’t mind if we lose tonight!
Why lose?
I would want at least 4 points out of our next 2 games.
The game at Deepdale showed we can compete with WBA and only for a shocking decision by the ref, we would have had a draw!
So tonight with a ‘stronger’ team out than last time, let us go for it!
I would like us to score first and see what we do from there, we seem to be better when scoring first.
We need to pick up the points, to keep the points clear of other teams below us and possibly close thegap on those above us.
There are some 6 pointers coming up in these next couple of games, let us hope that we come home with the points and prove to everyone that we are up there on merit!!
If we were going to Barnsley like a few weeks back and we lost I'd mind. But given that WBA are the best team in the league and we're going to lose the odd game here and there then I'd rather it was against the best team who're in a different race than ours.

Fulham, that's different.

If we got 3 points out of the next two games I'd be happy. If we got 2 points I'd be satisfied. If we get 6 I'm going for an all day wank.

Last edited:
If we were going to Barnsley like a few weeks back and we lost I'd mind. But given that WBA are the best team in the league and we're going to lose the odd game here and there then I'd rather it was against the best team who're in a different race than ours.

Fulham, that's different.

If we got 3 points out of the next two games I'd be happy. If we got 2 points I'd be satisfied.

I wouldn’t “take” a point from these two games - we have an ability to do much better. But it wouldn’t be the end of the world

I'm going to the game tonight , only my 2nd away game this season due to the hours of my new job , week of work so i'm looking forward to this , Leyland at 3.30 coach , COYW's .
If someone offered me 2 points for the next two games , i'd be tempted to take it . But in typical North End fashion of turning up against top six clubs i have a sneaky feeling we will grab a win tonight & a point at Fulham (or vice versa) , then once again in PNE fashion drop a clanger against Luton , let's not tempt fate here.
Anyway i'm buzzing for tonight and i'm behind the boys all the way.

It is a free hit tonight. The rest of the championship and the watching world will expect a home win in this ‘acronym derby’.

A defeat will do our credentials no harm. Nobody is writing Bristol City’s chances off following their 3-0 home defeat to West Brom at the weekend.

A PNE win tonight however, will make our playoff rivals sit up and take notice.