PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Bury fc future?

Will have to start at the very bottom if they are ever going to reform.

Probably Northern Premier League, North West (Tier 8), which I believe is where Chester were allowed to start, after being initially put in Tier 9.

The likes of Clitheroe and Colne are in the NW division, whereas Bamber Bridge and Lancaster are in the division above.

Last edited:
Perhaps Trev could arrange for us to share Isle of Mans training ground?

Problem solved :)
will be interesting to see if any other teams at that level complain about having to go over to the IOM, most clubs at that level can barely afford a team coach never mind shipping the whole squad over there

will be interesting to see if any other teams at that level complain about having to go over to the IOM, most clubs at that level can barely afford a team coach never mind shipping the whole squad over there
Its a good point is that.

Go for the Bury setup but this Isle of Man team is bizarre. As other have pointed out the costs for teams at that level will be prohibitive surely.

Might be like the Channel Islands teams in the pyramid, who have to pay travel and accommodation costs for opponents.

Big financial commitment that, to ship a whole team over here twenty odd times a season
Found this article saying that it costs 125,000 for Guernsey to pay for travel etc. every year.

The travel expenses will be met by the Isle Of Man FA. That would a contractual agreement for them joining the league. The same currently applies to Guernsey and Jersey.

Wonder why Bury AFC have only applied to join the 10th tier? Chester 'rejoined' at the 8th and Aldershot Town at the 9th.

Wonder why Bury AFC have only applied to join the 10th tier? Chester 'rejoined' at the 8th and Aldershot Town at the 9th.

I'm not sure but I think they're going to ground share with Radcliffe Borough. They can't afford Gigg Lane and the exorbitant costs involved. From speaking to BFC fans there is still the problem that the original Bury FC still exists (though for how long?) and that a lot of fans won't change allegiance until the old Bury is no more.

Therefore I suppose its difficult for the new club to budget at what level to begin to compete.

I'm not sure but I think they're going to ground share with Radcliffe Borough. They can't afford Gigg Lane and the exorbitant costs involved. From speaking to BFC fans there is still the problem that the original Bury FC still exists (though for how long?) and that a lot of fans won't change allegiance until the old Bury is no more.

Therefore I suppose its difficult for the new club to budget at what level to begin to compete.

Yes, it's not that long ago that there was talk of Bury FC being allowed to join the National League next season. I can't see that happening but I suppose you can understand their fans clinging to that hope.

Yes, it's not that long ago that there was talk of Bury FC being allowed to join the National League next season. I can't see that happening but I suppose you can understand their fans clinging to that hope.
Yes. People I've spoken to don't seem to be bothered at what level the original Bury would be allowed back in the League at. They just ideally want the original club to survive. As that is increasingly unlikely then once there is only one team representing Bury then I'm sure a lot will move over. But until then the support is fractured.

Either way it's a load of bollocks ...They should be in the same division as Bolton.

Disagree with this, they were promoted from League Two with a squad of players they could not afford. Without this over-spending and financial mismanagement, they wouldn't have achieved promotion. Therefore, demotion is fair, i would personally have liked to see them back in the Conference North.

Disagree with this, they were promoted from League Two with a squad of players they could not afford. Without this over-spending and financial mismanagement, they wouldn't have achieved promotion. Therefore, demotion is fair, i would personally have liked to see them back in the Conference North.

I double disagree... Bolton spent years doing what you say and raking in income they weren't entitled to because of it ( not alone in that either )............ If your only beef is that Bury got promoted unfairly then leave them in the division they got promoted from with a big points deduction ( same as Bolton)....

AFC Bury are in the same division as Longridge Town and Charnock Richard............. wow, that is a tumble down the pyramid