PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Bury fc future?

AFC Bury are in the same division as Longridge Town and Charnock Richard............. wow, that is a tumble down the pyramid

Wow that is some tumble!!
I'm not sure how these 'phoenix' clubs are allowed to manifest themselves but that does seem to be a heck of a lot lower level than some have re-appeared at.
I would be interested to know if anybody knows the reasons for this

They'll be back.
It’ll be s long road back. Plenty of Phoenix clubs have stalled at National League North or South level. Some got up to the league but have since fallen out again. Halifax , Aldershot. The likes of Darlington, Chester, Scarborough, Hereford are still trying to get up the pyramid. Non League Football is a pretty decent standard these days, even at NWCL level.I guess Wimbledon are the example they are all trying to follow. I wish AFC Bury good luck though.

Wow that is some tumble!!
I'm not sure how these 'phoenix' clubs are allowed to manifest themselves but that does seem to be a heck of a lot lower level than some have re-appeared at.
I would be interested to know if anybody knows the reasons for this

I wondered as well Ando. I think what Bury PNE said in posts #33 & #35 probably explains it.

Bury's application to enter the national league has been rejected, wonder how far up the pyramid AFC Bury will get, cant't see them being as successful as AFC Wimbledon, probably end up similar to Darlington and get stuck in the national league for a few years

a lot of fans won't change allegiance until the old Bury is no more
That came out loud and clear during the documentary....

the lady who chained herself to the drainpipe outside Gigg Lane wasn’t for accepting the new club !!

Last edited:
That came out loud and clear during the documentary....

the lady who chained herself to the drainpipe outside Gigg Lane wasn’t for accepting the new club !!

It was almost a Peter Kay-esque moment when she said 'I can't find mi key'!'😆

Bless her, to her and many others the club was obviously a huge part of their lives, and it's like a bereavement. Meanwhile (in 'normal' times at least), the pubs of Bury will be full of people in Man U and Man C shirts who have never set foot on Gigg Lane - or Old Trafford or the Etihad for that matter 😟

When Bury finished the job against us at Gigg Lane back in mid 90's in the play offs the ensuing pitch invasion saw plenty of Man U shirts

No City shirts at the time as a bit of a laughing stock. Chelsea were crap too, as they had been for years.

Roman then got his hands on Sibneft, City became state owned and now form part of a "big six" who seemingly want to run English football. Funny old world.

When Bury finished the job against us at Gigg Lane back in mid 90's in the play offs the ensuing pitch invasion saw plenty of Man U shirts

No City shirts at the time as a bit of a laughing stock. Chelsea were crap too, as they had been for years.

Roman then got his hands on Sibneft, City became state owned and now form part of a "big six" who seemingly want to run English football. Funny old world.

Yes, it seems almost unbelievable now that just over 20 years ago City were facing Macclesfield Town in the old Division 2.

The annoying thing about that, is that the big picture project was put forward by the “Top 6” which included City....

Aston Villa and Newcastle were not even consulted even though they have spent longer in the top flight than City.....

The annoying thing about that, is that the big picture project was put forward by the “Top 6” which included City....

Aston Villa and Newcastle were not even consulted even though they have spent longer in the top flight than City.....
This is so true. Big Picture was just a snapshot in time as to who were essentially the top six now. Arrogance beyond belief. Villa have also won the European Cup more than most of them too. And Forest have won it more than them!!

This is so true. Big Picture was just a snapshot in time as to who were essentially the top six now. Arrogance beyond belief. Villa have also won the European Cup more than most of them too. And Forest have won it more than them!!
Totally spot on Si....