PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Budget 2020

jakehake

“Morel high warrior”
Staff member
Patron
Guess it's an interesting one for once, Brexit, corona, a new Chancellor with only weeks preparation.

Any other predictions bar the communist driven mass investment in infrastructure that is unaffordable already announced

Guessing pension reform may be kicked in the long grass given the last couple of weeks, also interesting how the bank rate cut may have smashed through the existing proposals which would have been based on models that we're close to predicting an increase in rates I think

Guess it's an interesting one for once, Brexit, corona, a new Chancellor with only weeks preparation.

Any other predictions bar the communist driven mass investment in infrastructure that is unaffordable already announced

Guessing pension reform may be kicked in the long grass given the last couple of weeks, also interesting how the bank rate cut may have smashed through the existing proposals which would have been based on models that we're close to predicting an increase in rates I think

Never mind the headlines

Always read 'the small print' is my advice Jake

I actually have genuine sympathy for this chancellor. If he is able to do even a half-decent job, then every credit to him. What a chaotic whirlwind he's been tossed into.

Do we know if his experienced civil servants are still in place to help him? Or did they get turfed out as planned by Cummings/Johnson?

Apart from repeating the bullshit "getting it done" phrase ad nauseum, that was an impressive, well structured and personable budget speech.

Will have to wait for other people to analyse how much of it was a misrepresentation... but on the face of it, it ticked all the boxes. I'm quite sure there will be holes shot in it...but for now, 10/10 (goodness knows where he's getting the money from though).

Apart from repeating the bullshit "getting it done" phrase ad nauseum, that was an impressive, well structured and personable budget speech.

Will have to wait for other people to analyse how much of it was a misrepresentation... but on the face of it, it ticked all the boxes. I'm quite sure there will be holes shot in it...but for now, 10/10 (goodness knows where he's getting the money from though).
Dominic cummings wrote that quite well, in fairness.

Yep ironic indeed given the argument about the Labour manifesto was where it was being funded from, I'm not sure I heard any mention of any increase in tax takes anywhere so must be in the small print somewhere

Annoyingly I pressed the wrong button on my remote at one stage, which meant I missed about 15 seconds of his speech... and when it came back on channel, he was saying something like "... affecting cities such as xxxxx, Stoke and Preston". Did anyone pick up what that was?

Annoyingly I pressed the wrong button on my remote at one stage, which meant I missed about 15 seconds of his speech... and when it came back on channel, he was saying something like "... affecting cities such as xxxxx, Stoke and Preston". Did anyone pick up what that was?

5 points for a win backdated to the start of the season

“These settlements are an addition to the transforming cities fund, which will invest over £1 billion in local transport in 12 further cities including Stoke, Preston, Derby, Nottingham and Southampton.”

I did exactly the same

It would seem that the government is turning on the money tap. That will probably go down well with most, although this is more than I expected. Welcome but weird, Tories don't usually do this kind of thing.

Yep ironic indeed given the argument about the Labour manifesto was where it was being funded from, I'm not sure I heard any mention of any increase in tax takes anywhere so must be in the small print somewhere

You see Jake my boy

This is the common mistake your lot make
You would spend the money on taking Industries back into public ownership, and all that does is lead to inefficiencies, because most of the people involved are either failed politicians, or one’s looking for a job after being ‘kicked out’ Network Rail being a good example

Borrowing and letting Companies who are experts at in a particular field given the chance, will usually bring the project in on time and their workforce will tribute back to the Treasury in taxes and NI contributions while they are delivering it

Was the M6 and other Motorways at the time (one example) delivered by a nationalised company or a private construction one?

Before of course Highways England (another quango) got its hand on the projects

You see Jake my boy

This is the common mistake your lot make
You would spend the money on taking Industries back into public ownership, and all that does is lead to inefficiencies, because most of the people involved are either failed politicians, or one’s looking for a job after being ‘kicked out’ Network Rail being a good example

Borrowing and letting Companies who are experts at in a particular field given the chance, will usually bring the project in on time and their workforce will tribute back to the Treasury in taxes and NI contributions while they are delivering it

Was the M6 and other Motorways at the time (one example) delivered by a nationalised company or a private construction one?

Before of course Highways England (another quango) got its hand on the projects
Could you explain to us which, "Industries,"Labour wanted to take into Public ownership, thanks.

Could you explain to us which, "Industries,"Labour wanted to take into Public ownership, thanks.

We have 'done' this before
If you didn't read it then, don't see why you would if I restated it
Closed Mind your trouble

Closed Mind your trouble

Yes we have and you couldnt explain what "Industries," labour wanted to take into public ownership.

Mind you at least our Steel, "Industry," has now been taken into public ownership, chinese Public ownership mind.

Closed Mind your trouble

By the way

Have you ever worked for a Nationalised Industry?
I confess I haven’t
But I did come close at BAC
Working on an exclusive Government Contract for them meant money was no object, or so it seemed at the time

Yes we have and you couldnt explain what "Industries," labour wanted to take into public ownership.

Mind you at least our Steel, "Industry," has now been taken into public ownership, chinese Public ownership mind.

Well if THEY make a 'balls up' it won't be us the UK taxpayer who pays for it

I don’t think you would like their idea of State Control by the way, no idlers or romantics for them

You would have to WORK or be sent to a salt mine perhaps