PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday guy

Well here's some strange news. I still been having treatment, for damage to Liver, lungs, Kidneys, bone marrow, bloodcells etc, and I went for my follow up, I was expecting further blood tests, but they have said they won't do them or offer me treatment for the near future. Their advice is to quarantine myself and with that they wished me goodluck and sent me on my way. Spoke to my GP who is mighty pee'd off at it and is demanding they continue as with a very low immune system, my chances of getting this darn Virus is pritty strong. So apparently I need no more treatment and I am on my own. I hope they not doing this to other patiences. I know they need to cut back, but not stopping treatment all together.

Well here's some strange news. I still been having treatment, for damage to Liver, lungs, Kidneys, bone marrow, bloodcells etc, and I went for my follow up, I was expecting further blood tests, but they have said they won't do them or offer me treatment for the near future. Their advice is to quarantine myself and with that they wished me goodluck and sent me on my way. Spoke to my GP who is mighty pee'd off at it and is demanding they continue as with a very low immune system, my chances of getting this darn Virus is pritty strong. So apparently I need no more treatment and I am on my own. I hope they not doing this to other patiences. I know they need to cut back, but not stopping treatment all together.
That’s outrageous crazy... can you not demand a second opinion ?

That’s outrageous crazy... can you not demand a second opinion ?
GP is already on it. He not happy with it. As long as I have a GP fighting for me, I am sure they may reconsider. I mean Blood tests are quick and was meant to decide what route they was taking, when they was meantioning Lukemia before I went on a massive dose of thorens which turned to be the wrong dose, as I was on max dose twice a week and it's meant to be max dose once a week. So I really couldn't understand how I went from that urgent dose to nothing without being tested again. Only good news is I did get 18 rolls of Bog Roll in Tesco's as walked in at the right time. If the Appointment had lasted a few minutes later, I would of missed out :eek:

Ha ha ha, I love your sense of humour at such a difficult time for you personally..... bog rolls a plenty (y) (y)
If you don't laugh you cry, we have to laugh. But deep down I'll admit I scared, which is strange for someone with Mental Health issues to be scared of death having spent time wanting to die. It's hard to axplain, but I suppose it's having the control taken away from you, not wanting to suffer etc. Lots of mixed emotions thats for sure.

If you don't laugh you cry, we have to laugh. But deep down I'll admit I scared, which is strange for someone with Mental Health issues to be scared of death having spent time wanting to die. It's hard to axplain, but I suppose it's having the control taken away from you, not wanting to suffer etc. Lots of mixed emotions thats for sure.

Sounds like you have a great GP pal. Best of luck especially at this tough time.

And if I, or anybody on here, can help you in any way, just ask. 👍

Take care Crazy and look after yourself... Lets hope that your doctor can make sure that you get the right treatment - soon !!!

its ridiculous to stop treatment for an illness you have got for a virus that you may get, it makes no sense.

I hope all goes well for you FC.

Fully confirmed, All treatment (except current meds) have been put on Hold until after this out break. GP couldn't get a change. They have put me down as High Risk, but not put me in the High Risk group. Isolated for 12 weeks.