PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

Welcome to the world of how the DWP operates.

So many have said those in need get too much, sadly so many are now going to find out the reality of what so many in this country, particularly the sick and the disabled, have had to live with for the last decade or so.

I wouldnt wish this on anybody. It stinks.

I now cannot be bothered with your "blame the Tory Government for everything" mantra, you are an intelligent man but shrouded in your hatred for anything Tory, I was simply stating a point as this will affect so many, I fortunately have small premises so will get the grant.

I will now ignore your anti Tory posts and probably most of what you post as most of your shite is from Labour loving media sources. Just fuck off Phil.

Just got back from dropping daughter at RPH, theyve just found out that despite the car parks being empty they will not be allowed to park on site, with threats of patrols going round issuing parking charge notices.

Dont you just love Britain eh?

I now cannot be bothered with your "blame the Tory Government for everything" mantra, you are an intelligent man but shrouded in your hatred for anything Tory, I was simply stating a point as this will affect so many, I fortunately have small premises so will get the grant.

I will now ignore your anti Tory posts and probably most of what you post as most of your shite is from Labour loving media sources. Just fuck off Phil.
Reality bill, whether you like it or not. so many are about to find out exactly how it is for so many. It stinks.

94 quid for someone who unfortunately falls ill, thats how its been for a very very long time. If it it upsets you Tory arse lickers, tough, its the damned truth.

Anyway back to the self employed, Michael gove just said this on Radio 4

"We will be saying more in due course about support for every sector of the economy. The chancellor will be saying more later,"

Reality bill, whether you like it or not. so many are about to find out exactly how it is for so many. It stinks.

94 quid for someone who unfortunately falls ill, thats how its been for a very very long time. If it it upsets you Tory arse lickers, tough, its the damned truth.
Does rent get payed aswel as the 90 squid ? Haven't looked into that lol.

An announcement is imminent according to the money saving / make it for myself man whose name escapes me. At the moment, many of the self employed won’t even be able to claim the £94 per week, Universal Credit may be an option for some but not really for those older tradesmen and any savings will be eroded for them. You’re right, they’re being thrown under the bus - or hopefully the circumstances are a bit more complicated than earlier announcements and have taken some time to work out.

I know skilled tradesmen generally earn more than the average but people tend to forget that when they get charged x amount for a day, that isn’t just wages - it’s for insurances, tax, NI, materials - and contingencies like this.

once you take all the costs out few small self employed business's make much, most that I come into contact with work stupid hours (their/our choice) and are the first with tax demands and threatened fines, vat on the dot etc etc etc, the taxes that we pay help those on benefits and disability living yet some see fit to disregard the important part small business's play in supporting the nation.

I understand there is a measure that there will see a % of our nett monthly income used to calculate what we can claim back very much in line with the 80% up to £2500 per month that paye people can claim. I have premises so have been informed that the £10k grant will be paid early April.

once you take all the costs out few small self employed business's make much, most that I come into contact with work stupid hours (their/our choice) and are the first with tax demands and threatened fines, vat on the dot etc etc etc, the taxes that we pay help those on benefits and disability living yet some see fit to disregard the important part small business's play in supporting the nation.

I understand there is a measure that there will see a % of our nett monthly income used to calculate what we can claim back very much in line with the 80% up to £2500 per month that paye people can claim. I have premises so have been informed that the £10k grant will be paid early April.

Absolutely agree - and I have consistently told tradesmen I know that they are underselling themselves in terms of charging.

Do you want one of the 1% to be one of your loved ones. Honestly in am sick of seeing things like this. What point are you trying to make?
I'm not trying to make any 'point'. I'm posting information that I read elsewhere, to help provide a wider view of the situation.

Of course I don't want my loved ones to be affected.

I'm sorry that you feel sick of seeing accurate, balanced information, but it's all out there for people to read.

Hitchens challenges the shut down.

I admit to having growing concerns about this course.

During the blitz thousands of people died everyday but nobody suggested the entire economy should be shut down because of it, on the contrary strenuous efforts were made to keep life as normal as possible in dire circumstances.

Are we in danger of making a bad situation worse ? Would previous generations have wanted their children and their children's children's reduced to poverty. Personally I doubt it.

Are TV pundits to be sent home ?
Please can people desist from quoting DM columnists/Spiked Online etc. This is absolute utter shite. People like him couldn't give a shit about the welfare of the people as long as money continues to be made and they revert back to the old British trick of invoking comparisons with WWII and all that. Comparing a virus outbreak to the Blitz is just ridiculous - two utterly incomparable scenarios. I thought you were more intelligent than that.

Just got back from dropping daughter at RPH, theyve just found out that despite the car parks being empty they will not be allowed to park on site, with threats of patrols going round issuing parking charge notices.

Dont you just love Britain eh?
I saw a staff email last week saying parking fees at RPH gave been lifted.

Please can people desist from quoting DM columnists/Spiked Online etc. This is absolute utter shite. People like him couldn't give a shit about the welfare of the people as long as money continues to be made and they revert back to the old British trick of invoking comparisons with WWII and all that. Comparing a virus outbreak to the Blitz is just ridiculous - two utterly incomparable scenarios. I thought you were more intelligent than that.
I enjoy reading Hitchens, he often writes some good stuff, in fairness.

This wasnt one of those occasions, sadly.

As a floorlayer theres no way I can venture off into several different houses a week whilst we are in lockdown, if everyone sticks to what they should be doing this will sort itself out faster and we can return to a bit of fucking normality.
And there lies the key
Stick to what we should be doing
Not flocking to a beach or organising a bbq.
I’m thinking this morning of all the self employed and zero hours people who don’t have the luxury of getting a set salary

And there lies the key
Stick to what we should be doing
Not flocking to a beach or organising a bbq.
I’m thinking this morning of all the self employed and zero hours people who don’t have the luxury of getting a set salary
Exactly. I don't blame anyone for going out to work today unless they are guaranteed wage protection.