PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

Apparently just outside of Galgate, heading towards Lancaster from the motorway junction direction, Police were stopping cars this morning to try catch people who were driving unnecessarily.

Bloody hell jake. Can you leave the goalposts where they are. Stop twisting my words.

We started with Raefils post, he's said it's 30 minutes from Sheffield where the police had identified some of the people from. It's not moving goalposts, there are people on here saying driving elsewhere is "necessary", it seems a fairly common viewpoint

Apparently just outside of Galgate, heading towards Lancaster from the motorway junction direction, Police were stopping cars this morning to try catch people who were driving unnecessarily.
Just got home after picking daughter up from RPH. It was noticeable how quiet the motorway was for this time of day and more so the majority of vehicles were commercials, vans, lorries etc.

I think weve had a week of grace and from next week we will see more and more car drivers being pulled over by the Police, especially outside of the normal rush hour times.

Absolutely. The fact that some are saying we shouldn’t be criticising the government is bizarre, we’re supposed to sit back and accept it. What has happened with the NHS is, to a large degree, through political and economic choice.

As I’ve said before, doctor’s surgeries have no PPE yet are continuing to treat those requiring dressings, injections and so on. i thought the6 might cancel my injection, one that is imperative for my ongoing health, but they were still willing to go ahead - despite them possibly being infected by me. They have no tests but if you’re rich you can buy one, or if you travel to your Scotland castle you can have one, despite Johnson repeatedly saying testing is being ramped up, The consequences of me infecting them would be huge for their other patients.

The short term consequences of not having the injection are better than catching the virus but I will need it soon - and if they haven’t been tested or don’t have PPE I’ve got a huge choice to make that I shouldn’t have to.

Bit torn with this one, do you stockpile something that has an expiry date ( does it have an expiry date? ) how much do you stockpile, "just incase"

A better contingency plan is probably what is needed, we could start by identifying uk companies that could ramp up at a moment's notice "could" be a better way forward.

My worst fears about the stupid pig headed, we're OK on our own, we're British Brexit bullshit has just been confirmed.

Backlash over EU ventilator scheme

The EU scheme will use the bloc's joint procurement agreement, which helps member states get the medical supplies it needs to tackle cross-border pandemics.

It has also created a stockpile of medical equipment - 90% of it financed by the European Commission - to help EU countries.

Last week, the UK was invited to take part in the scheme.

But Downing Street confirmed on Thursday it would not join as "we are no longer members of the EU".

The stupidest thing is, it looks like we've already contributed to the equipment stockpile.

Bit torn with this one, do you stockpile something that has an expiry date ( does it have an expiry date? ) how much do you stockpile, "just incase"

A better contingency plan is probably what is needed, we could start by identifying uk companies that could ramp up at a moment's notice "could" be a better way forward.

Any contingency plan would be a start 😉

This story about ventilators is a bit startling and gives an insight into how slowly the mechanics of our government are working.

Seriously though, why does anybody need to stockpile?

I didn't know this disease was literally going to arrive on my doorstep. After 13 days of pretty much a full lockdown, I've used one toilet roll and had to resort to making a bacon & chick pea tikka massala that lasted a few days.

It's like being a student again! No need to panic!

Thoughts on this?

Are the people shown in this video spreaders?

Boris encouraged people to go for exercise once a day, so I don’t see that the dog walkers are doing much harm...
They are only couples, they are not in big groups..

My worst fears about the stupid pig headed, we're OK on our own, we're British Brexit bullshit has just been confirmed.

Backlash over EU ventilator scheme

The stupidest thing is, it looks like we've already contributed to the equipment stockpile.

Boris encouraged people to go for exercise once a day, so I don’t see that the dog walkers are doing much harm...
They are only couples, they are not in big groups..
and yet he also said, "No unnecessary travel." Mixed messages.

Any contingency plan would be a start 😉

This story about ventilators is a bit startling and gives an insight into how slowly the mechanics of our government are working.

Doesnt surprise me, isnt James Dyson a Tory donor?

Is this thread just going to descend into a Tory hate thread ? Are the mods going to allow that to happen? Save it for the Boris thread for gawd sake

Up to now, I've been fully supportive of the government, we need to stick together.

But that doesn't mean they're not accountable, especially when it comes to losing ventilators due to nothing more than incompetence.