PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Leamington Spa Roy

Sincere condolences to Roy's family. A very sad loss.

Indeed. Was a genuinely nice guy. To Roy Preston NE was his family. Supported the club since the days of Sir Tom and first came to Deepdale with his grandad, must be 60+ years ago now. Roy must have literally travelled a million miles watching Preston NE and will be sadly missed. Went over 20 years without missing a game home and away from 1996 until a few years ago. Dedication like no other.

R.I.P Mr Bunce.

This virus is an absolute fucker. I hope it gets the shit kicked out of it very soon.

RIP Roy

This certainly brings it home. RIP.
I don’t suppose the reference to “Mr Bunce” suggests he was a teacher?

He told me once that his family owned a pork butchers but he didn't want into the family trade instead he worked in a factory I think, can't remember the name of it but someone else will know it. I think the family is reference in this article about the good old days in Lemmington Spa. https://www.ourwarwickshire.org.uk/content/article/shops-in-leamington

He told me once that his family owned a pork butchers but he didn't want into the family trade instead he worked in a factory I think, can't remember the name of it but someone else will know it. I think the family is reference in this article about the good old days in Lemmington Spa. https://www.ourwarwickshire.org.uk/content/article/shops-in-leamington

I was born in Leamington Spa and lived there until I was 11 years old and left in December 1967. I remember most of the shops in that article but I really can't recall Bunce's butchers, even though I know the street to which the article refers. Back in the day Leamington was full of engineering factories associated the automotive trade, maybe Roy worked in one of them? I'm sorry I never met Roy, he sounds a very decent man.

I was born in Leamington Spa and lived there until I was 11 years old and left in December 1967. I remember most of the shops in that article but I really can't recall Bunce's butchers, even though I know the street to which the article refers. Back in the day Leamington was full of engineering factories associated the automotive trade, maybe Roy worked in one of them? I'm sorry I never met Roy, he sounds a very decent man.

Tark, who used to regularly post on here but hasn't been on for a while would know as he was a close friend of Roy's. 6pence/Shinny also knew him well but not heard anything about him for years.

Awful news. I had a drink with him a couple of times at away games, always saw him, whatever the game, whatever the weather.

Although I wasn't born there I spent my first 8 years in a suburb called Cubbington. the woods I remember playing in are now threatened by the High Speed Rail project.
We moved in 1967 but if we had stayed I could have ended up being a Coventry City supporter.