PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Is anyone else not missing the footy?

Are you missing the footy?

• Total voters

Jack Daniels

PNE-ONLINE Boxing Expert.
Patron
Surprisingly, I am not missing it to the extent of "OMG, what am I gonna do????" type of panic although obviously, I'll be glad when it returns.

I am just taken aback by how I am not that bothered that it is suspended indefinitely.

Maybe it's because we were playing absolute bobbins prior to the suspension of play.

Not as upset as I thought I'd be. Mind, our last game ended on a sour note which probably helps.

I wouldn't say massively but I am missing it with the main aim being that when it's back it will indicate we are heading back to normal.

If you added the option to yes (without massivley) i would vote for that.

Obviously health is number one priority so I wont ever moan about it not being about but for many like myself football is a release and a bit cathartic to see friends and take out the stresses of the week.

I am missing it but life is totally different for everyone with people dying so in perspective it doesnt really matter.

Not missed it as much as I thought but missing the pre match drinks with my mates in the pub.
Im not missing it in the slightest.

Ive not watched a single replay of matches and probably wont either as Ive no interest whatever.

Once the live stuff starts I`ll be on it but as JK said, right now, i cant think past the devastation thats happening throughout the world right now.

I wouldn't say massively but I am missing it with the main aim being that when it's back it will indicate we are heading back to normal.

If you added the option to yes (without massivley) i would vote for that.

Obviously health is number one priority so I wont ever moan about it not being about but for many like myself football is a release and a bit cathartic to see friends and take out the stresses of the week.

I am missing it but life is totally different for everyone with people dying so in perspective it doesnt really matter.
I understand what you are saying but I am saying / asking from an isolated viewpoint (not C19 isolated, not to be confused) - away from the C19 - is anyone missing it or otherwise.

Basically, say the world was normal, no C19 and we woke up one morning to read that "Football Indefinitely On Strike!" as the headline and a few weeks later, we are here with players / clubs etc still on strike.

That is my angle, not disrespecting the current bigger issues in the real world outside of the bubble.

PS...just for you, I have removed the word "massively". 😂

Ive not watched a single replay of matches and probably wont either as Ive no interest whatever.

Once the live stuff starts I`ll be on it but as JK said, right now, i cant think past the devastation thats happening throughout the world right now.

I've watched one or two clips but I thought I may have missed it a lot more than I did, but you are 100% correct, what's going on right now makes football a very insignificant thing at the moment.

I've watched one or two clips but I thought I may have missed it a lot more than I did, but you are 100% correct, what's going on right now makes football a very insignificant thing at the moment.
Hmmm, I think this thread/survey should have started a few weeks further down the line. The replies, having read them up to now, might be a bit different! I'm not afraid to admit, I'm missing it lots!!

Maybe with the long break we might start playing more direct as we were early on in the season .This may work in our favour because the way we were playing and losing games against teams we should have won our form was dire. Heres hoping we com back hard pressing and strong again.

Hmmm, I think this thread/survey should have started a few weeks further down the line. The replies, having read them up to now, might be a bit different! I'm not afraid to admit, I'm missing it lots!!
It is 4 weeks Saturday since we last played (Home v QPR 7/03).

I think that is a decent enough spell without footy to gauge the reactions, yeah?

It is 4 weeks Saturday since we last played (Home v QPR 7/03).

I think that is a decent enough spell without footy to gauge the reactions, yeah?
So that's roughly a month then, call it a double international break. This could go on for yonks yet an it's looking like it will. I think deep down we are all missing it like there's no tomorrow! Maybe 1 or 2 of us don't really want to admit it though! lol

It’s part of my life and part of me and seems a massive void. Just treating it like the summer break and can’t wait for it to start again.

I haven’t watched any reruns or old matches but if there was a game kicking off at 9am the day after the all clear I’d be there. Its probably worse that all the other stuff you’d usually do in the summer break or international breaks isn’t there to do either...

I'm missing it, not pining for it like but definitely looking forward to it coming back, keep finding myself daydreaming about that first few days back in the pub and the first match back at Deepdale. I haven't been thinking about it too much really but I think once we get to it having gone for longer than the summer break usually is it'll start to be noticed more, especially as we all get thoroughly bored of our own homes.

Totally and utterly agree Phil... some things are far more important than Football

I haven’t watched any reruns or old matches but if there was a game kicking off at 9am the day after the all clear I’d be there. Its probably worse that all the other stuff you’d usually do in the summer break or international breaks isn’t there to do either...
How are you doing Tino... is work keeping you busy ??