PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

How you doing, alright?

Having read this thread I think it is very important that although we may wake up feeling grumpy and getting angry at things we may not normally get angry at (i'm no different) please do not reply to posts if feeling this way and lash out as we don't know how it will affect the person we are aiming our replies to. Yesterday I went out for a long quiet walk to do some shopping rather than take the car just to clear my head, etc and to keep off here.

I'm not getting at anyone but responding when angry doesn't do ourselves or anyone else any good and it doesn't make a Mod's life any better either. Thanks
Yeh you bunch of bellends. Listen to Norfolk. Or else.
👍🏻

I've been on furlough pay since lockdown. Thankfully having a 4 month old and a 4 year old we've been kept busy.

I'm starting to run out of jobs to carry out around the house. Only been going out for a daily 1hr walk and collecting a shop once a week.

I've logged on remotely for work at least to keep on top of things.

Stay safe all.

Mentally it’s been weird. I worked from home most days anyway but since early March it’s been everyday. My kids aren’t here all the time so I have always been moving between mine and my partners house for some time. Now all of a sudden we have all the kids at home more often and her job is at home too. I’m the de facto IT support person so having to deal with that along with everyone else having to deal with a new way of schooling and working and my life feels as busy as ever just with less time outside of the house in the evenings and weekends which is tough.

But on the flip side, I’m lucky that I do live between two houses so am seeing a change in scenery On a reasonably regular basis, we live in a coastal town so can walk every evening where there are no people and the rivers and the beach and the sea are close by and just as brilliant as ever. My company is great and have made my life a lot easier by being supportive and I see my colleagues feel the same, my partner is in a secure job too that whilst going through massive upheaval, she has an income and knows the job is going nowhere. The kids are having a new schooling challenge and for some of them it is tougher than others, my partners kids have grandparents nearby they can’t see, mine have lived down here since they were born so the grandparents back in Preston and elsewhere have always been far away so probably ,ales it easier for them, less so for my parents.

It’s an odd time, look after each other and we’ll come out the other side and hopefully in a better society that looks out for each other slightly more than before we went into this

And thanks to bobbage for taking the time to start this thread, maybe navel gazing for some but it’s good to hear people’s stories

Generally I'm OK but I've got to be careful. I'm lucky that all my life, any aggro, worries etc seem to just slip away from me... very short lived without even trying. But that's not quite the same right now. I'm fine... but I feel unusual stresses building more than normal. There have been times where I've been tetchier. And the thought of another x weeks of this is genuinely a bit daunting. We've a couple of extra bodies in the house - one is hard of hearing and the TV is on all day at a stressful volume. Had a bad leg for a while, which really didn't help, but recovered and to be able to escape the house again is a Godsend. Attempts at home schooling have, so far, been an abject failure and all of us in the house show signs of stress. Trying to do a few things together... games... arty stuff. That helps. So does reading some rants on here. So disappointed norfolk is trying to put a stop to all that ;):p

I've been out of work for nearly 11 months now. Spent most of my savings in that time due to living in an expensive place (Bondi) which is really frustrating cause I could have done so much with that money. I never claimed benefits cause I really didn't expect it would take this long to find work (I have just registered to sign on last week though). Obviously with the current situation it's going to be even harder to find work, so I am quite worried.

I managed to lose weight going to the gym regularly (often twice a day) which is a great thing, but it was despite drinking a lot more, and I've barely done anything in the last 5 weeks owing to going back to UK for a week (including travel time) which then required me to fully self isolate for two weeks on my return and having no motivation (and drinking a lot which reduced my motivation further). Probably put a couple of kilos back on. Generally feeling very down and worried and I know that I have to curb my booze intake starting this weekend, getting out for runs and getting back on the serious job hunt.

Feel for everyone experiencing troubles whether due to this situation or otherwise.

I've been out of work for nearly 11 months now. Spent most of my savings in that time due to living in an expensive place (Bondi) which is really frustrating cause I could have done so much with that money. I never claimed benefits cause I really didn't expect it would take this long to find work (I have just registered to sign on last week though). Obviously with the current situation it's going to be even harder to find work, so I am quite worried.

I managed to lose weight going to the gym regularly (often twice a day) which is a great thing, but it was despite drinking a lot more, and I've barely done anything in the last 5 weeks owing to going back to UK for a week (including travel time) which then required me to fully self isolate for two weeks on my return and having no motivation (and drinking a lot which reduced my motivation further). Probably put a couple of kilos back on. Generally feeling very down and worried and I know that I have to curb my booze intake starting this weekend, getting out for runs and getting back on the serious job hunt.

Feel for everyone experiencing troubles whether due to this situation or otherwise.

That's really tough Muzza. You were so unlucky with your trip back here. At the time, we all had genuine sympathy, but you seemed to smile through and share banter about it. But that must have hurt, having read the back story. Best of luck. You've got some great places to run there. Lay off that booze if you can. Maybe just don't buy it.

That's really tough Muzza. You were so unlucky with your trip back here. At the time, we all had genuine sympathy, but you seemed to smile through and share banter about it. But that must have hurt, having read the back story. Best of luck. You've got some great places to run there. Lay off that booze if you can. Maybe just don't buy it.
Cheers mate. Yeah, was trying to see the funny side of the trip and just kind of write it off. But yeah, all the other stuff and having been through a long bout of depression before I got made redundant has not made for a good 2.5 years. Thanks, I think not buying it is definitely something I need to do.

Glad you're managing to get out now and escape the household (especially with the loud TV), even if it is limited on what you can do. All the best, and hope your stresses reduce!

Cheers mate. Yeah, was trying to see the funny side of the trip and just kind of write it off. But yeah, all the other stuff and having been through a long bout of depression before I got made redundant has not made for a good 2.5 years. Thanks, I think not buying it is definitely something I need to do.

Glad you're managing to get out now and escape the household (especially with the loud TV), even if it is limited on what you can do. All the best, and hope your stresses reduce!
Good luck on the work front mate 👍🏻

Nothing stays the same forever. The not so good times will end and a better time will follow, it always does. Good luck with the job search and try to cut the drinking because the better time will then be able to get to you quicker. i wish you much happiness.

Nothing stays the same forever. The not so good times will end and a better time will follow, it always does. Good luck with the job search and try to cut the drinking because the better time will then be able to get to you quicker. i wish you much happiness.
Thanks Joan, appreciated. Same to you!

Bit of a report regards how this affecting those in Italy. Couple of links at the bottom as well.

Coronavirus: Lockdown's heavy toll on Italy's mental health
Italy’s coronavirus death toll is the second highest in the world, and its lockdown is the strictest and longest in Europe.
Doctors say both things are creating a mental health emergency.
The BBC has been given access to a psychological support centre run by the Red Cross, where staff say they’re overwhelmed by calls from people struggling.
Psychologists are warning that Italy is not equipped to deal with the crisis, and that the rest of Europe must prepare.
If you've been affected by a mental health issue, help and support is available. Visit Befrienders International for more information about support services in your country, or visit BBC Action Line

not been great this week me. Finishing work at 3pm every day and by 4pm I'm asleep on the couch until about 7pm. Going to try and do my exercise straight after work in the hope it keeps me awake

I
not been great this week me. Finishing work at 3pm every day and by 4pm I'm asleep on the couch until about 7pm. Going to try and do my exercise straight after work in the hope it keeps me awake
It'll probably make you more tired.. you should set an alarm so you only sleep for an hour.. probs all you need. Then you can do some exercise feeling abit more awake.. feels like your wasting youre life sleeping that much doesn't it