PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Corona Virus Experience and Advice

We already suspect that Covid 19 is cumulative

I take from this article other than buying an oximetry is that getting plenty of fresh air and deep breathing excercises are worth doing regularly. Plenty of info on deep breathing excercises.
I spent the duration of my illness doing the breathing exercises that were shown on here. I also moved the bed in the room I was isolating in so that my face was in line with the window. Wrapped myself in the duvet with hot water bottle, led on my front with my face towards the window which was fully opened. Everytime I got a cool blast of air it seemed to open my airways even if for only a second. It seriously helped me through the nights.

I spent the duration of my illness doing the breathing exercises that were shown on here. I also moved the bed in the room I was isolating in so that my face was in line with the window. Wrapped myself in the duvet with hot water bottle, led on my front with my face towards the window which was fully opened. Everytime I got a cool blast of air it seemed to open my airways even if for only a second. It seriously helped me through the nights.

Not being following all the posts (mainly posting advice and stuff of interest) so didn't realise you'd had it that bad.. really pleased to know that some of the advice posted on here has proved useful.

Yoga breathing exercises are a good way of getting oxygen into your system.. and generally worth doing anyway.. easily googled. We've kept the windows open most days even though I don't think I've got it or had it. My thinking is that even if the virus is carried on the wind that it is likely to be at low concentrations (there's a lot of air out there) but we are fortunate to live outside town.

At night I leave one back 1st floor window slightly open (on the latch) and another at the front.. to create some air movement through the house. Over the course of a night I reckon the house will get a complete air change without it blowing around and waking us up.

How are you now ?

Last edited:
Just thinking out loud, here, I wonder if a fan would also help?

Not being following all the posts (mainly posting advice and stuff of interest) so didn't realise you'd had it that bad.. really pleased to know that some of the advice posted on here has proved useful.

Yoga breathing exercises are a good way of getting oxygen into your system.. and generally worth doing anyway.. easily googled. We've kept the windows open most days even though I don't think I've got it or had it. My thinking is that even if the virus is carried on the wind that it is likely to be at low concentrations (there's a lot of air out there) but we are fortunate to live outside town.

At night I leave one back 1st floor window slightly open (on the latch) and another at the front.. to create some air movement through the house. Over the course of a night I reckon the house will get a complete air change without it blowing around and waking us up.

How are you now ?
I'm a lot better thanks. Went for a walk today, literally to the end of the street. Felt like I'd run a marathon. Got back and fell asleep. Still coughing.

But in comparison to last week I'm king of the world 😁

I'm a lot better thanks. Went for a walk today, literally to the end of the street. Felt like I'd run a marathon. Got back and fell asleep. Still coughing.

But in comparison to last week I'm king of the world 😁

Good to hear you're on the mend. Do you have any idea where you caught it ?
Doesn't look like your typing finger has been affected ;)

Good to hear you're on the mend. Do you have any idea where you caught it ?
No idea at all. I had a really bad flu bug 8 weeks ago. Lasted five days, then I had a constant cough. Went to bed one Thursday night feeling fine, woke up Friday morning and was aching. Within one hour my wife had the doctor on the phone and it went downhill from there. The following Thursday was the lowest point. Never been that ill.

Still feel like I've been smacked by big daddy but I'm getting better every day. 😎

No idea at all. I had a really bad flu bug 8 weeks ago. Lasted five days, then I had a constant cough. Went to bed one Thursday night feeling fine, woke up Friday morning and was aching. Within one hour my wife had the doctor on the phone and it went downhill from there. The following Thursday was the lowest point. Never been that ill.

Still feel like I've been smacked by big daddy but I'm getting better every day. 😎

Surprised they never mention how a symptom of the virus is also a lowered bullshit threshold...

Welcome to the club!

I think the forum should respect your need to recuperate by not mentioning Madrid fans coming to Anfield..

..More than a dozen times a day ;)

I got as far as "a lady in the United States has said..."

"Compelling evidence that Vitamin D helps reduce the severity of the Covid 19 infection"

for the sake of £1.79 this could be a lifesaver for many.

for the sake of £1.79 this could be a lifesaver for many.

Hardly a risk is it..

They know already Vit D helps with upper respiratory conditions so felt it was investigating further. They now have actual evidence of a correlation between the worst cases and Vit D deficiency.

We also get Vit D from the sun.. and know UV light kills the virus... so get out and enjoy the fresh air and sunshine. And not forgettingl.. if it works it pisses off Bill Gates and big pharma.

Great thread this, one that I've found to be very useful myself.

My wife works at RPH and unfortunately she became unwell and tested positive. Since then I also fell unwell and tested positive too. The good news is that we both seem to have made a full recovery.

For mine it took 12 days for the wife it was more like 6 days.

My early symptoms were a high temperature, aching all over and having breathing difficulties. The aching eased after a few days but the high temp and breathing difficulties stayed.

My tactics on resistance included taking zinc tablets, magnesium, lots of freshly squeezed lemon in hot water and vitamin D3 tablets. I also looked into things I could do to help my breathing, since this part was the most worrying and frightful part of the virus for me. I started doing things like having a large bowl of boiling water filled with squeezed lemon juice, sliced ginger and eucolyptus drops. I also got myself a ventolin inhaler, rubbed vics everywhere and started using sterimar nasal spray. In addition to this I was drinking shit loads of water ALL THE TIME. I haven't been eating much as my apetitie hasn't been great. I also found that eating a heavy meal made my symptoms worse.

Whatever this virus is (covid 19 or other) I have found it to be something that seeks out any weaknesses in your body and it directly attacks them. Breathing is something of an issue for me anyway amd this heightened problems for me tenfold.

I've felt a lot better for the last 2 days so hopefully I have now turned a corner. I hope that my story may help someone should they become unwell. Take care all.