PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

TV Series/Netflix/Box Sets

Seven episodes into Ozark, and still haven’t got into it. Could only tell you one character name.

Can anyone persuade me it’s worth carrying on with?

Seven episodes into Ozark, and still haven’t got into it. Could only tell you one character name.

Can anyone persuade me it’s worth carrying on with?

Stick with it, it is a slow burner at first but it does get a lot juicier.

But maybe it's just not for you. Especially as you're coming to the end of the whole first season.

I was the same with The Wire. People rave about it but I thought it was cheesy shite and just couldn't understand the hype. Binned it off after about 2 episodes of season 2.

Stick with it, it is a slow burner at first but it does get a lot juicier.

But maybe it's just not for you. Especially as you're coming to the end of the whole first season.

I was the same with The Wire. People rave about it but I thought it was cheesy shite and just couldn't understand the hype. Binned it off after about 2 episodes of season 2.
The Wire is the absolute perfect tits!

If you don't dig Omar, then you're sadly a lost cause! 😂

In my Top 3 Series ever!

I loved The Wire, but season 2 was my least favourite of the 5. Maybe you should have kept with it.

What choo talkin about Willis!!!!

The Wire is the DBs, plain and fooking simple.

I loved The Wire, but season 2 was my least favourite of the 5. Maybe you should have kept with it.

Just couldn't get into it mate. I actually tried getting into it on 3 separate occasions, but it just wasn't for me.

It came across as one of those cheesy shows where all the big characters miraculously regularly avoid any harm or death. A bit like how James Bond always escapes at the last minute to save the day. Boooooring!

Probably why I hold GoT, The Walking Dead and Ozark in such high esteem. There were always shock deaths to big characters that made you sit back and think Wow!!

That maybe sounds a bit morbid but I like a bit of unpredictability and shows who aren't afraid to bump off big characters.

Perhaps The Wire was actually like that, but the impression I got after maybe 15 episodes was that I just wasn't going to enjoy it or form and affinity towards any of the characters.

i watched the first 2 episodes of the Wire a couple of years ago and got bored so gave up, might give it another go sometime but theres plenty of other things on my list to watch before it

I yesterday started, cos I am up to date, Peaky Blinders on Netflix.

S1 E1 I was about to give up on after just 30 mins then it picked up.

Smashed S1 E1-5.

Liking it. Reminds me of Boardwalk Empire although I missed two episodes of S2 so I stopped watching it, I need to re-watch that at some stage.

I yesterday started, cos I am up to date, Peaky Blinders on Netflix.

S1 E1 I was about to give up on after just 30 mins then it picked up.

Smashed S1 E1-5.

Liking it. Reminds me of Boardwalk Empire although I missed two episodes of S2 so I stopped watching it, I need to re-watch that at some stage.
You have finally helped me understand why I can't get into it.

I tried to watch season one of Boardwalk about 4 times and never managed to get past about 8 episodes. I live the actors, the concept, everything...just can't stand the program. Never worked out why I didn't like Peaky Blinders either but it must be that.

You have finally helped me understand why I can't get into it.

I tried to watch season one of Boardwalk about 4 times and never managed to get past about 8 episodes. I live the actors, the concept, everything...just can't stand the program. Never worked out why I didn't like Peaky Blinders either but it must be that.
The missus loves Peaky Blinders but I struggle with it, for some reason - some great soundtracks, though!

Okay, this isn't part of a box set or series, but it's linked to one. There's a one off 1 hour show being televised over here tomorrow evening: 'Tiger King - What Really Went Down'. No idea if you can get it via any source in the UK, but will update when I've watched it.