PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Moderator Approval for a Post????

Morning.

We where testing a new system in which all posts in a particular forum go into a moderation queue, which in this instance was for the News and Current Affairs section,

As I am sure you are aware on Thursday evening I posted this Polite Request.

Sadly a large number of posters have chosen to completely ignore my plea in regards to posting style and content and as we stated we are open to all ideas on preventing the ridiculous about of abuse etc being posted in that section.

It was a trail and about 40% of posts where against forum guidelines which may give you an idea on the amount of stuff we are having to deal with.

I have lifted the approval function as it was only a trail and its the first time it has ever been used on PNE-Online.

I repeat we do not wish to curtail or lead the debate, however unless a significant group of forum users change their current ways of posting and take into account the many other active users/patrons, then bans, thread closures, moderation queues on certain sections may have to come in to help the moderation team.

Moderating is not a "JOB" but a voluntary post and to be fair no-one signed up for most of the crap they have been getting.

I sincerely hope we don't have to do any of the above.

Again I hope this is post is received in the nature it is intended.

Stay Safe.

I'm guessing that those 40% were not from 40% of posters. Is it possible to pre-mod only selected posters? I've seen it done on other forums, and judging by how much it frustrated me this morning, I think it's a pretty effective deterrent.

I'm guessing that those 40% were not from 40% of posters. Is it possible to pre-mod only selected posters? I've seen it done on other forums, and judging by how much it frustrated me this morning, I think it's a pretty effective deterrent.

If it comes to the point in which we have to pre-approve certain users posts then maybe PNE-Online is not the place for them.

I apologise to the vast majority of posters who do not cause us any issues. I am hopeful that those who continue to ignore our requests will understand that we want everyone to feel comfortable to join or read the debates.

If it comes to the point in which we have to pre-approve certain users posts then maybe PNE-Online is not the place for them.

I apologise to the vast majority of posters who do not cause us any issues. I am hopeful that those who continue to ignore our requests will understand that we want everyone to feel comfortable to join or read the debates.

Fair enough.

Shame really as I've made this incredibly funny quip about Steve Walsh's birth certificate saying "milkman" under father as you queried it with someone else. Not to worry, hopefully you can read it later!!
The moments gone Si....

On this very subject

A week or so raefil said he would report a post of mine to the Moderators, fair enough if he thought it worthy of it, rightly or wrongly

However I then had a few days were I couldn’t sign on using Firefox, I didn’t know if a had received ‘a punishment or not’ so was unsure if there was a problem at my end although I could access other web sites

After a few days I was suddenly allowed to post, no attempt to explain IF I had been banned or if so for what exactly

Now it may have been a problem at my end, but if the Moderators take action on a post, even to delay posting it, common courtesy says they should at least explain why to the user

They can do that in the message box

On this very subject

A week or so raefil said he would report a post of mine to the Moderators, fair enough if he thought it worthy of it, rightly or wrongly

However I then had a few days were I couldn’t sign on using Firefox, I didn’t know if a had received ‘a punishment or not’ so was unsure if there was a problem at my end although I could access other web sites

After a few days I was suddenly allowed to post, no attempt to explain IF I had been banned or if so for what exactly

Now it may have been a problem at my end, but if the Moderators take action on a post, even to delay posting it, common courtesy says they should at least explain why to the user

Had your battery run out on your Nokia?

On this very subject

Why didn't you try Internet Explorer or Chrome or Microsoft Edge? Would have given you a better idea if you still couldn't sign in on any of those as well.

On this very subject

No bans had been issued and we would give an explanation if one had been added. It would also allow you to attempt to log in to then be informed you had been banned.

Most likely an issue at your end in terms of cookies or the browser, firewall or device.

No bans had been issued and we would give an explanation if one had been added. It would also allow you to attempt to log in to then be informed you had been banned.

Most likely an issue at your end in terms of cookies or the browser, firewall or device.

OK thanks for that JK

It just seemed strange or co-incidental that’s all
And I made no changes that I was aware of
So Unless Firefox made an update that I wasn't aware of, I couldn’t understand why I could post a few days after

OK thanks for that JK

It just seemed strange or co-incidental that’s all
And I made no changes that I was aware of
So Unless Firefox made an update that I wasn't aware of, I couldn’t understand why I could post a few days after
You sat for three days thinking you’d been banned but hadn’t?

Excuse me a moment......

Ahem,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ahem,

Right I’m back.

Phew tough going that John. 😁