PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

That Trump fella.

Inadvisable at worst but in no way comparable to the bizarre rambling of Trump.

I am afraid that Lee Trundle is right to point out that it’s a lot worse than “inadvisable”. It was a dreadful error - and from your posts today, you seem to me to be brushing it off without realising what it indicates about the ageing Biden, his advisors and the strategists in the Democrat Party.

Where are the capable young Americans- you know, the ones under 70?

I am afraid that Lee Trundle is right to point out that it’s a lot worse than “inadvisable”. It was a dreadful error - and from your posts today, you seem to me to be brushing it off without realising what it indicates about the ageing Biden, his advisors and the strategists in the Democrat Party.

I'm not defending his blunder but that's what it was. Pretty much anything, including Biden or Clinton would be preferable to this narcissistic, ego-maniacal, barely literate, rambling, dangerous buffoon. And I still find it strange indeed to say 'horrifically racist' regarding what overall comes across as an ill advised quip and in this instance an apt quip.

Apt since any minority not just blacks would be misguided indeed to vote for a man who has proven to be 'horrifically racist' repeatedly. Including declining to criticise white supremacist groups like the KKK which has emboldened these groups to the point that they're not afraid to be as overtly racist as ever.

That's where the real horrifically racist are. Backing Trump for obvious reasons.

Frame a case for why Biden/Clinton deserved the presidency without using the words Donald Trump.

It is impossible, Dems shot themselves in the foot in 2016 and decided to shoot their other foot in 2020
Not saying Clinton would have made a great President but the ironic thing is she got over one million more of the popular vote despite losing the election. Given that did Trump deserve to be President?

What exactly does it indicate, in your opinion?

Apt since any minority not just blacks would be misguided indeed to vote for a man who has proven to be 'horrifically racist' repeatedly. Including declining to criticise white supremacist groups like the KKK which has emboldened these groups to the point that they're not afraid to be as overtly racist as ever.

What and they should support a man who passed legislation that led to a massive increase in the black prison population?

Or should they support him when he sided with school segragationists against a plan to bus disadvantaged black kids to schools in white areas. to encourage social diversity.

Biden's comment is clearly racist, and is indicative of the identity politics shit the democrats have been pulling for years. He's a relic and should have been moved out with Clinton, Pelosi & the rest of the 'old guard.'

Biden's comment is clearly racist, and is indicative of the identity politics shit the democrats have been pulling for years. He's a relic and should have been moved out with Clinton, Pelosi & the rest of the 'old guard.'

I couldn't care less about your overall view of Biden, Clinton, Pelosi etc. It's irrelevant to the point i'm making on a topic that's about Trump. Forget them and focus on the point.

You're saying this man made a 'horrifically racist" comment when to me it's clear he was attempting to make what he thought was an apt quip in the circumstances. And to top it off if the republicans want to label it as such then I would gleefully pounce on the opportunity to say to them racism? You want to talk about racism? They could compile an etire dossier of Trumps racism.

Just a year ago this week Trump defended actualy full blown white supremacists and nazis in Charlottesville. Calling them "very fine people" and he meant it. It was no attempt at a quip.

That actually was worthy of being labelled horrifically racist which again if I were them I would relish the chance to rehash. Exactly why I see saying horrifically racist in this instance and in the context of someone opposing Trump as ludicrous.

But if you still see this man Biden as a racist worse alternative than a narcissistic, ego-maniacal, barely literate, rambling, dangerous, racist buffoon i'm lost for words. A man blacks would apparently be better voting for in your view. A man who doesn't have a single black in the crowd at those rallies. And this nonsense is your focus? Staggering.

No, it is a rather dumb method of working things out.

Not sure whether or not I posted this around the time of VE Day 75- but I just happened to read that when Winston Churchill became prime minister in 1951, Clement Atlee's Labour Party won 48.8% of the vote - against Churchill's Tories on 48.0% - and yet the Conservatives won with a healthy overall majority of 17. Constituency based elections are different, I know... but still interesting!

It doesn't indicate much to me. I see it as irrelevant. Not in the same arena as 'grab them by the pussy' or implying a woman who has something critical to say must be experiencing that time of the month.

All logic says you should be absolutely in the right with that view.

When will some on here EVER LEARN?

You can have your opinion of course and express them

But I doubt many American Voters will be interested one way or another

And Trump certainly won’t be

It will be the American voters who decide, have you not enough to grumble about over here?
JT, this is a discussion forum. No one cares whether the Americans or Trump give a shit, but can you give a reason why people shouldn’t express their opinions?
Reading between the lines, I guess you're still a big fan?

There is a very simple way of removing Trump from power

Let the Democrats pick the right person to oppose him
With what the American people think are the right policies
Simple really
It's called Democracy
I know it’s a dirty word to some on here

BUT?

Actually it’s called Populism. 😏

What exactly does it indicate, in your opinion?

I'm not American - spent 4 months there once... but I can't pretend to really 'get' the race issues over there - and I can only have an opinion as some bloke in the UK who sees some stuff on TV and the papers. But IMO... he should be hard-wired not to use such phrases. His advisors and the Democrat Party should be hard wiring him not to go there!

The 'quip' comes across to me as very racist. If he had said that black people would be very well advised not to vote for Trump... that would be one thing... but to say "You ain't black" if you do... that is much much more than clumsy. Who the hell is this privileged, rich white guy to tell a black guy that he deserves to be stripped of his black identity if he votes Trump?

It is arrogant. It says that the Democrats are hugely complacent about the black vote. And probably hugely complacent overall.

Also, I don't believe this was a slip... an off-the-cuff remark. I think it was probably scripted in advance. I suspect he wanted the headlines.. but as others have said, he's reaching into the gutter with this sort of thing. And the gutter is the wrong place for the Democrats to take the fight. Like Johnson / Cummings... Trump's PR machine needs only occasional scraps of 'negative news' regarding his opponent and they can magnify it and completely smear the opposition campaign. They are experts at deflecting attention from their clear failings, and diverting it in the opposite direction. None of this is logical... but logic no longer wins elections.

Isn’t that pretty much what happened over here about Brexit?

The ‘so called well educated’ were all for the EU, that Icon of news the BBC in particular too

But over the years, ‘ordinary’ people saw no advantage at all, coupled with the fact ‘the learned ones’ thought we were all stupid and weren’t slow to tell us

The Nigel came along

And as the say the ‘rest is history’

What’s that sound I hear playing in the background?

“When will they ever learn?”

To repeat, populism not democracy.

I'm not American - spent 4 months there once... but I can't pretend to really 'get' the race issues over there - and I can only have an opinion as some bloke in the UK who sees some stuff on TV and the papers. But IMO... he should be hard-wired not to use such phrases. His advisors and the Democrat Party should be hard wiring him not to go there!

The 'quip' comes across to me as very racist. If he had said that black people would be very well advised not to vote for Trump... that would be one thing... but to say "You ain't black" if you do... that is much much more than clumsy. Who the hell is this privileged, rich white guy to tell a black guy that he deserves to be stripped of his black identity if he votes Trump?

It is arrogant. It says that the Democrats are hugely complacent about the black vote. And probably hugely complacent overall.

Also, I don't believe this was a slip... an off-the-cuff remark. I think it was probably scripted in advance. I suspect he wanted the headlines.. but as others have said, he's reaching into the gutter with this sort of thing. And the gutter is the wrong place for the Democrats to take the fight. Like Johnson / Cummings... Trump's PR machine needs only occasional scraps of 'negative news' regarding his opponent and they can magnify it and completely smear the opposition campaign. They are experts at deflecting attention from their clear failings, and diverting it in the opposite direction. None of this is logical... but logic no longer wins elections.

I live and work with black people. I have heard not a single complaint nor claim of racism from them over this comment. They too appear to regard it as a quip which apparently has offended no one. The only people I have seen refer to it as racist on any level far less 'horrifically racist' are the opposition. Which is exactly why I deem i to be absolutely nothing.

And again keep in mind the sheer hypocrisy of calling this racist or 'horrifically racist' on a topic about Trump of all people. A defender of actual full blown racists who includes KKK leader David Duke among his fans. I doubt Duke will be joining the Biden camp anytime soon due to this quip. Regarding the Charlottesville incident a year ago when Trump defended them.

David Duke, the former KKK grand wizard, is unambiguous about what Saturday’s alt-right and neo-Nazi rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, means to him: It’s the fulfillment of President Donald Trump’s vision for America.

“We are determined to take our country back,” Duke said from the rally, calling it a “turning point.” “We are going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump. That’s what we believed in. That’s why we voted for Donald Trump, because he said he’s going to take our country back.”

Take their country back from what? What would a KKK leader be referring to? And why would a KKK leader be so enamoured of Trump who "doesn't have a racist bone in his body"?

t's more than obvious why and to then refer to Biden as 'horrifically racist' for a mild ill advised quip I have heard no black people I know complain about on a Trump topic while having nothing to say about Trump I find quite bizarre. And i'm not referring to you. I'm aware you do actually talk about Trump.

Here's a guy who worked for Trump.

I live and work with black people. I have heard not a single complaint nor claim of racism from them over this comment. They too appear to regard it as a quip which apparently has offended no one. The only people I have seen refer to it as racist on any level far less 'horrifically racist' are the opposition. Which is exactly why I deem i to be absolutely nothing.

And again keep in mind the sheer hypocrisy of calling this racist or 'horrifically racist' on a topic about Trump of all people. A defender of actual full blown racists who includes KKK leader David Duke among his fans. I doubt Duke will be joining the Biden camp anytime soon due to this quip. Regarding the Charlottesville incident a year ago when Trump defended them.

Take their country back from what? What would a KKK leader be referring to? And why would a KKK leader be so enamoured of Trump who "doesn't have a racist bone in his body"?

t's more than obvious why and to then refer to Biden as 'horrifically racist' for a mild ill advised quip I have heard no black people I know complain about on a Trump topic while having nothing to say about Trump I find quite bizarre. And i'm not referring to you. I'm aware you do actually talk about Trump.

Here's a guy who worked for Trump.

JFK-1

If you had said Joe Biden got it wrong and left it at that, you would have been on a ‘winner’

No need to try divert attention by bringing Trump into it, in all your posts since

What Biden said was wrong pure and simple