PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

This corona virus thing...

I don't know the full events, as not many do, as different reporters are reporting different things.

On the face of it, hypocritical and shouldn't have done it. But this obsession with someone losing their job is a bit weird.
But in this case, totally justified.

The early advice on lockdown was clear and unambiguous. I was pleased at the time because as I've said numerous times, despite being a 'leftie' I wanted (still want) this government to do a good job.
Government advice is now in shreds.
It’s not though
The advice remains good
It’s the enacting of said advice

Personally, I feel he has to lose his job purely because they set the precedent with Professor Ferguson breaking the rules, and based on the information we have, Cummings has done the same if not worse as he had symptoms at the time

I think the worst thing is that it seems that Cummings knew he most likely had the virus as well as his wife at the point he drove up to Durham. You simply cant do that journey esp with a 4 yr old without needing a slash. Unless he tooks some bottles, that means he and his infected family will have used public toilets on the way up. Just reckless in every sense and absolutely not respecting risk to others.

I think the worst thing is that it seems that Cummings knew he most likely had the virus as well as his wife at the point he drove up to Durham. You simply cant do that journey esp with a 4 yr old without needing a slash. Unless he tooks some bottles, that means he and his infected family will have used public toilets on the way up. Just reckless in every sense and absolutely not respecting risk to others.
Spot on
And what really riles me is like an absolute dope I have been following the rules
Today was our first day where we took a walk out (Nicky nook) abiding by social distance rules, we even went really early to avoid the rush.
If I’d had known it’s was really “follow the rules if you feel like it” then I’d have been in the back of johns allegro en route to St Anne’s quicker then you can say mr whippy74E0A573-8D57-4233-8011-520B300E8BBA.jpeg

Last edited:
Why? Because he's getting slack off people who didn't vote for him in the first place anyway?

I'm all for this new reality of falling on your sword if you are found to be flouting the rules.. As long as it applies to ALL politicians and government officials. Somehow I don't think it will..

And then told people to make sure they isolate if they are showing symptoms right at the end of his speech. Couldnt make it up

Insulting the intelligence of the British public. Why aren’t we surprised.

Johnson following Trump’s lead using “alternative facts. Dragging the country down in the same way his dodgy mate’s doing in the USA.

Here's the tweet - seeing as someone with less spine than an invertebrate took it down

Yikes!

It will be interesting in the coming days to see if anyone can get proof on this 'visit' to Barnard Castle. I would be more outraged at this aspect than the initial visit to Durham. If he has gone a second time, I don't see how Boris could possibly defend him.

He is getting slaughtered. He looks like he wants to tell them all to fuck off. I'm amazed he hasn't stormed off yet

Funny how he was cutting all the questioners off, and that it was an “unprecedented” short briefing today to avoid him facing a proper grilling.

I like Starmer’s initial response that this was a test for the PM and he’s failed it.

Jenrick and Cummings break the lockdown advice, but we are told what they did was OK. That's at least two reasons, then (visiting family to drop off medicine, and being worried about your childcare arrangements) why you can ignore the advice. 99% of the country could probably have claimed to have needed to do the same for either of those reasons, but most had the moral fibre not to do so. Ferguson, meanwhile, gets the boot, for staying put and having someone round to HIS house from not so great a distance.

Yikes!

It will be interesting in the coming days to see if anyone can get proof on this 'visit' to Barnard Castle. I would be more outraged at this aspect than the initial visit to Durham. If he has gone a second time, I don't see how Boris could possibly defend him.
Johnson ignored the question just earlier about the castle visit. He knows.

Here's the tweet - seeing as someone with less spine than an invertebrate took it down

Whoever released that statement should be sacked.. Government officials are supposed to maintain scrupulous political impartiality.

They are using an official account to post personal comment about the government they are supposed to working for and are claiming to speak for all civil servants ? If it's an individual's opinion they should be sacked for using the official UK civil service Twitter account in this way

Last edited:
Actually, there are growing numbers of Tory MP's backing the resignation call, they are really concerned about the negative mail from their constituents, i.e. Tory voters.

Here's that renowned leftie commentator Tim Montgomery having a go at Boris.

Like you say It's not even a partisan matter, it's right and wrong and Johnson and Cummings are taking the p*** out of every person that has followed the rules, shameful.