PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Winter Hill Fire again

Well it certainly wasn’t the case when I was growing up there in the 60s
The people who go there now and effectively destroy the area are beyond stupidity and selfishness
It just seems to get worse and worse as the years pass. I think social media birthed millions of bellends. All about image now, even if they perceive the image they are portraying as "cool" or "sick".. they need a good pasting... they don't give a crap about the environment in which they live. Even tho they're kids have to live here as well. Let's av em r edgy

It just seems to get worse and worse as the years pass. I think social media birthed millions of bellends. All about image now, even if they perceive the image they are portraying as "cool" or "sick".. they need a good pasting... they don't give a crap about the environment in which they live. Even tho they're kids have to live here as well. Let's av em r edgy
I know I’m old and sad and boring but .....
We used to go up there with butties and whatever else we could lay our hands on and have fun - now it’s just a load of lager fuelled half wits

We used to go up there with butties and whatever else we could lay our hands on and have fun - now it’s just a load of lager fuelled half wits
theres nothing boring about getting out in the good weather for a picnic... n your right about the halfwits. It seems that as we advance or evolve, a large chunk of people just devolve.. would be uncool for them to keep a place tidy

That's 100% over-stated.

There needs to be huge fines for anybody having BBQ's up there. Not £200 or anything like that. Hit them with a fine that's equivalent to a weeks wages. That's the only way these idiots will learn.

And ban the sale of disposable BBQ's to anybody under the age of 25.

Crikey. You'd only have to wait until one person given a fine came under the 'working class' bracket.

There would be absolute uproar on this forum.

Crikey. You'd only have to wait until one person given a fine came under the 'working class' bracket.

There would be absolute uproar on this forum.
That may be true but like edgy, I live not far away (not as close as edgy and not in the same danger) and I’m sick of my home being filled with smoke every time one of these idiots does this and the wind blows in the wrong direction. That’s not to mention the resources used to put these fires out.
Then on top of that there is the danger to wildlife.

Give them a reason to think twice and they might just not do it 👍🏻

Read this elsewhere (although I've changed some of the terminology)

So we have had three wankers seriously hurt jumping off a cliff at Durdle Door into the sea ...crowds on the beach had to be told to move so the air ambulance could land.

Morons stranded on a sandbank at Fleetwood, Lancs when the tide came in and had to be rescued.

Moorland fires at Longridge and Winter Hill near Bolton needing aircraft dumping water from Belmont reservoir...the cause a discarded disposable barbecue.

They say one of the factors in the high death toll in the England is because of the dense population...
They're not fucking wrong.

That may be true but like edgy, I live not far away (not as close as edgy and not in the same danger) and I’m sick of my home being filled with smoke every time one of these idiots does this and the wind blows in the wrong direction. That’s not to mention the resources used to put these fires out.
Then on top of that there is the danger to wildlife.

Give them a reason to think twice and they might just not do it 👍🏻
as far as I’m concerned they can go as daft as they want with loud music, fires, bbqs and 100 gallons of lager. I’m going to speak to the rangers to ask them to open up the shafts at anglezarke quarry and lead them down there. Then we can cement them in

as far as I’m concerned they can go as daft as they want with loud music, fires, bbqs and 100 gallons of lager. I’m going to speak to the rangers to ask them to open up the shafts at anglezarke quarry and lead them down there. Then we can cement them in

I’ll be there to help a hand with that 👍🏼

Just a quick update
I am staggered by the number of people who set out to have a socially distanced peaceful time in rivington only to find it was like a scene from the Benidorm strip
What the hell has happened to society
You’re meant to be posh, how would you know what the Benidorm Strip looks like?

How about a nice butter pie wrapped in greaseproof paper and a cold can of Guinness ?

Is that acceptable ?

No you are not, there’s plenty who could learn to do the same, some sadly don’t feel like they have had a good time unless they are semi comatose.