PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Black life in America

So Joan, in effect, you would like a Police State...………..because that is precisely what limiting protesters to 100 would be, not that that would ever be possible anyway...………….like what happens when 800 protesters turn up at the meeting point...……...do we get the Buffalo Police Force involved because we have seen how efficient they are at "clearing the way"?

no I wouldn’t. I would preferably like people to act like adults with a passionate and valid viewpoint. This isn’t going to happen any time soon, why have the benefit of technology and social media if we don’t bother using it. There is no need for mass gatherings and violence when you can be heard by other means. Anyway, carry on like the last few years various protests and they will be banned altogether and technology will be your only means of being heard.

Another one whose best friend was a black person...................can't you come up with something a bit more original Joan?

Where did I say best friend? I didn’t, I said I went to school with, I didn’t even say she was a friend. You bloody racist.

I am sure the Floyd family would be more than happy to wait until the pandemic is over for the BLM movement to organise protests, that should not be longer than maybe 12 to 18 months or so until a vaccine is available...……….are you for real?
How many more "knee on neck" killings would take place during that 12 to 18 months?

Well 0 have took place in the UK and none will
So some idiots going out and acting like
Morons attacking the police and wasting police time. Are you for real? Brilliant resources being used and wasting police time.
But I will state this - if they cared so much about black life’s why are they going out and about risking themselves and others. It’s downright stupidity.
Agree with me or not I don’t care. I will state my point and I stand by that.

Ok that’s fine you have this ‘voluntary compliance.’ ‘Civil Liberty’ is a bit rich considering bottles was thrown at police. Very very fucking civil. And hopefully
No one you know dies of the diesase
Because if they do I don’t want you crying too much about people refusing to social distance.

Have you missed that the primary schools are all returning on Monday with no social distancing or masks inside. Thousands of kids and elderly teachers mixing freely. And for some weeks you can pile on a london tube system with little or no effect or distancing. But you along with Hancock and Patel would prefer to restrict people from exercising their most fundamental democratic right to assemble and express their freedom of speech in the same moment. Funny that. How bloody convenient. As for bottles and conflict, you must have a poor memory since these have been a feature of many demonstrations when people have felt very aggrieved. South Africa tried and failed to label the ANC as a terrorist organisation to quell violent dissent but the vIolence reflected the level of oppression and the strength of feeling.

Without protest we would be without so many of the rights and civil liberties that form such an important part of society as a whole.

Lancashire has such a proud history of this too. Look as far back as Peterloo. We are a community built on the back of protest.

We wouldn’t have the National Parks for starters.

Or important social and worker’s rights.

The problem is that people will take advantage to cause carnage and loot. Transparently not about the cause. Opportunists
This 100%. And the problem is you then get people saying that all protests should stop because of the actions of the minority, doing exactly what the minority are after. It’s like saying all police are racists and murderers because of the actions of the minority in America

To me, I would make it unlawful for more than 100 protestors to gather in any one place. Social media is a big enough tool to use to protest from home to any government. No need to cause misery every damned time a cause, no matter how worthy, comes along. If enough people used their social media for long enough, enough times their message would get through just as well. It would probably take less time and would certainly save a fortune in Policing and damage caused.

While that would be great 100 protesters isn't going to change anything and neither is social media. The internet has been around for decades now and if that could change anything we wouldn't still be seeing disproportionate numbers of black people dead at the hands of police.

Nor one cop being so confident he asphyxiated a man right there in full public view. I'm troubled by broken windows and stolen trainers being proposed as 'misery' beside that kind of misery.

There is no need to cause such misery to human beings because of their skin colour. If that misery didn't exist there would be no damned need to protest. These people are more concerned about the lives and safety of their friends and family than they are about piggy backers stealing trainers.

Nothing but a mass show of protest is going ti change this. For a hundred years they tried quiet appeals just to have the right to vote without hindrance far less be killed. It didn't work. What eventually did work was mass protest and speeches such as the following. Which I deem to be one of the most stirring speeches in human history.

And it wasn't just his words that made it so magnificent. It was the emotion in the delivery. And that emotion would not have been possible without thousands in front of him. He was feeding off their emotion and they his.

Have you missed that the primary schools are all returning on Monday with no social distancing or masks inside. Thousands of kids and elderly teachers mixing freely. And for some weeks you can pile on a london tube system with little or no effect or distancing. But you along with Hancock and Patel would prefer to restrict people from exercising their most fundamental democratic right to assemble and express their freedom of speech in the same moment. Funny that. How bloody convenient. As for bottles and conflict, you must have a poor memory since these have been a feature of many demonstrations when people have felt very aggrieved. South Africa tried and failed to label the ANC as a terrorist organisation to quell violent dissent but the vIolence reflected the level of oppression and the strength of feeling.

Yes it is bloody convenient that they are stating black lives matter and they are putting themselves and their family’s at risk. Hypocrites!
Going into schools is different. Quite a lot of schools are refusing to let the students in and they aren’t mass gatherings. Reception, year 1 and year 6 will equate to
About 100 students whilst thousands and thousands are gathered complaining that lifes
Matter and yet they are happy for the r level
To go up and kill other people. Very very convenient.

We wouldn’t have the National Parks for starters.

Or important social and worker’s rights.

If people carry on protesting like idiots we won’t have them for much longer either.
While that would be great 100 protesters isn't going to change anything and neither is social media. The internet has been around for decades now and if that could change anything we wouldn't still be seeing disproportionate numbers of black people dead at the hands of police.

Nor one cop being so confident he asphyxiated a man right there in full public view. I'm troubled by broken windows and stolen trainers being proposed as 'misery' beside that kind of misery.

There is no need to cause such misery to human beings because of their skin colour. If that misery didn't exist there would be no damned need to protest. These people are more concerned about the lives and safety of their friends and family than they are about piggy backers stealing trainers.

Nothing but a mass show of protest is going ti change this. For a hundred years they tried quiet appeals just to have the right to vote without hindrance far less be killed. It didn't work. What eventually did work was mass protest and speeches such as the following. Which I deem to be one of the most stirring speeches in human history.

And it wasn't just his words that made it so magnificent. It was the emotion in the delivery. And that emotion would not have been possible without thousands in front of him. He was feeding off their emotion and they his.

Did you read my earlier post about the lady with her 2 year old child being sexually attacked but no Police available to help her? That’s what I call misery, trainers had buggar all to do with it!

Yes it is bloody convenient that they are stating black lives matter and they are putting themselves and their family’s at risk. Hypocrites!
Going into schools is different. Quite a lot of schools are refusing to let the students in and they aren’t mass gatherings. Reception, year 1 and year 6 will equate to
About 100 students whilst thousands and thousands are gathered complaining that lifes
Matter and yet they are happy for the r level
To go up and kill other people. Very very convenient.

Compete and absolute bollocks. My wife is going to be far more at risk from Monday teaching sticky 5 year olds indoors and cleaning their toilets than going to a demo outside with a mask on where you can exercise reasonable social distancing and stay on the fringes. Most of the objections to the London demos are from people who have little or marginal sympathy wit( the protesters amd are seeking to demonise them because of the pandemic.

Yes everyone has the right to protest but not during a fucking world wide pandemic. Its brainless.

They are claiming ‘black lives matter.’ Of course every life matters but going out putting themselves and their family And others at risk and then claiming that ‘black lives Matter’ is hypocrisy at its finest.

Shows just how bad the problem is doesn’t it.

Imagine if white people were continually being murdered by groups of black police officers and the authorities took no action to prevent it; condoned it. Eventually you’d expect an uprising and similar protest wouldn’t you? Or should that be tolerated?

What would you say is worse these mass protests during the pandemic or the mass gatherings on beaches and tourist hotspots? Which is more worthy if our disapproval?

Where did I say best friend? I didn’t, I said I went to school with, I didn’t even say she was a friend. You bloody racist.
Can't explain yourself without using insulting language? Why did you feel it necessary to mention that you went to school with a black girl? Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

If people carry on protesting like idiots we won’t have them for much longer either.

Did you read my earlier post about the lady with her 2 year old child being sexually attacked but no Police available to help her? That’s what I call misery, trainers had buggar all to do with it!

No I didn't see that but now that you mention it I still don't see the relevance. You want to limit peoples right to protest being murdered by cop because of something that happens not just every day in the US but almost every single minute of every day.

Stat%20Graphics_201925.jpg

So Joan, you may as well say to the oppressed black population of the USA, just take it on the chin, don't protest as you can't control all the looters that will join you and give your BLM movement a bad name.
With respect, you are white, and have likely lived your life for the most part in a predominantly white area both geographically and socially, and likely have never experienced racism directed at you personally.............again, with respect.............what gives you the right to come out with a statement like "if you don't want fleas don't lay with dogs".

Again, with respect (for the 3rd time) you really ought to be ashamed of yourself. If you can't distinguish between genuine BLM protesters and looters, then please don't blame the genuine BLM protesters.......eg if some PNE fans behaved badly, would you like your name to be dragged in with theirs?

You’re making assumptions about Joan based on Joan’s ethnicity.

You also seem to be making assumptions about black people.They all share the same experience? They all have the same opinion.

Hmmmmm