PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Black life in America

No I didn't see that but now that you mention it I still don't see the relevance. You want to limit peoples right to protest being murdered by cop because of something that happens not just every day in the US but almost every single minute of every day.

Stat%20Graphics_201925.jpg

You do know protesting in London is unlikely to affect the statistics in USA don’t you? So the English woman didn’t matter then, how do you know she wasn’t black? I genuinely don’t know, it didn’t even occur to me to ask until I posted it on here.

I don't agree with Joan about the protests, but she is no racist by any meaning of the word. Not a term to be thrown around cheaply, IMO.

Thank you Sepp. I have no problem with you disagreeing with me it’s your right to have a different view. I just don’t get how people think being rude and holding grudges is reasonable it’s arrogant is what it is.

You do know protesting in London is unlikely to affect the statistics in USA don’t you? So the English woman didn’t matter then, how do you know she wasn’t black? I genuinely don’t know, it didn’t even occur to me to ask until I posted it on here.

I don't know anything about the woman. What I do know is that what you're talking about happens in both nations every single day and is quite frankly an absurd argument. A woman was sexually assaulted because there were no police around?

You think there are police around when any sexual assault takes place anywhere? Or do think they have a tendency to wait until there are no police around which is the case most of the time everywhere.

Do you seriously misunderstand that the overall incidence of shoplifting and vandalism on a daily basis when there are no protests taking place massively eclipses the relative drop in the ocean that occurs around these protests?

Yet you think it's a good argument to limit them? I disagree but I now feel you're turning out to be the type of person who may continue on the same track no matter how much contrary data is provided for you.

That's what's called being closed minded.

You’re making assumptions about Joan based on Joan’s ethnicity.

You also seem to be making assumptions about black people.They all share the same experience? They all have the same opinion.

Hmmmmm
You're a fine one to talk about diminishing people's experiences.

Joan is entitled to her opinion based on her experience. I respect Joan but neither you or Joan gets to dismiss others opinions and claim there is no racism in this country because "America is worse"

It's all too soon forgotten that it was less than 2 decades ago we had the Stephen Lawrence report that confirmed that there is institutional racism within our police force. It didn't just go away after that report.

Reading this thread has agitated the f*** out of me today and I've chosen not to bite until now, it's like a white power love in.

I'm a white person and I'm not ashamed of it, I'm ashamed of people literally going "yeah but what about us"

Its easy for you there sitting in front of your brand new telly. I bet you cant produce a receipt for it either.
You shouldn't make jokes to me about electronics. I spilt a latte on my laptop this morning because the lid on the BnM cup had shrunk. It's a blue screen of death gonner... had CID Mears civilisation downloaded and football manager 2020... I'm sickened to my core. Have a little respect but you weren't to know

So these people protesting about the horrific death of a black man in another country. They get corona at the protest. They end up in hospital. An NHS worker contracts the virus, a reasonable chance they’re black. The NHS worker suffers and possibly dies. But Black Lives Matter?

The stupidity of Homo sapiens is currently growing exponentially.

Joan is entitled to her opinion based on her experience. I respect Joan but neither you or Joan gets to dismiss others opinions and claim there is no racism in this country because "America is worse"

It's all too soon forgotten that it was less than 2 decades ago we had the Stephen Lawrence report that confirmed that there is institutional racism within our police force. It didn't just go away after that report.

Reading this thread has agitated the f*** out of me today and I've chosen not to bite until now, it's like a white power love in.

I'm a white person and I'm not ashamed of it, I'm ashamed of people literally going "yeah but what about us"
thank you I both like and respect you too. However, not once have I said there is no racism in fact I have said the opposite to Liberation. I have said the racism in this Country is way less than decades ago but it still needs improvement. I hope I don’t dismiss anyone’s views, if I have I apologise it’s not been intentional.

Yes it is bloody convenient that they are stating black lives matter and they are putting themselves and their family’s at risk. Hypocrites!
Going into schools is different. Quite a lot of schools are refusing to let the students in and they aren’t mass gatherings. Reception, year 1 and year 6 will equate to
About 100 students whilst thousands and thousands are gathered complaining that lifes
Matter and yet they are happy for the r level
To go up and kill other people. Very very convenient.

thats how easy it is to start diminishing groups. You say it’s not an issue as it’s “only 100 kids” but that’s based on something you’ve seen in a school or your kids school. The Infants school my kids went to it equates to 240 kids out of 360 being back in using the same space but allegedly in classes a third of the size.

you can’t call them hypocrites when the Government is suggesting schools can do exactly the same. Presumably the schools that refuse to put the kids at risk will be “typical unions” or “destroying the economy” rather than using the Government guidance

So these people protesting about the horrific death of a black man in another country. They get corona at the protest. They end up in hospital. An NHS worker contracts the virus, a reasonable chance they’re black. The NHS worker suffers and possibly dies. But Black Lives Matter?

There's absolutely no doubt that the second wave will be blamed on todays protesters, doing the conga on VE day and flocking to the beach for a sun tan during Bank Holiday will have had nothing to do with it obviously.

You shouldn't make jokes to me about electronics. I spilt a latte on my laptop this morning because the lid on the BnM cup had shrunk. It's a blue screen of death gonner... had CID Mears civilisation downloaded and football manager 2020... I'm sickened to my core. Have a little respect but you weren't to know

Im gutted for you. But you really shouldnt be frothing up over your laptop in the first place. And as for your download I never knew Tyrone Mears was a rozzer anyway.

Shows the anger at police brutality and killings of innocent civilians doesn’t it if they’re prepared to gather en masse to protest.

What’s your view on the hundreds of thousands of mainly white people gathering en masse last weekend just for fun?

I don't know anything about the woman. What I do know is that what you're talking about happens in both nations every single day and is quite frankly an absurd argument. A woman was sexually assaulted because there were no police around?

You think there are police around when any sexual assault takes place anywhere? Or do think they have a tendency to wait until there are no police around which is the case most of the time everywhere.

Do you seriously misunderstand that the overall incidence of shoplifting and vandalism on a daily basis when there are no protests taking place massively eclipses the relative drop in the ocean that occurs around these protests?

Yet you think it's a good argument to limit them? I disagree but I now feel you're turning out to be the type of person who may continue on the same track no matter how much contrary data is provided for you.

That's what's called being closed minded.

I don’t think anything remotely as you suggested nor have I suggested anything of the sort but hey.

you believe I am closed minded, that’s your prerogative I hold no grudge. I won’t accuse you of being anything because that would be judgemental and you are against that aren’t you?

Winky ...please find me the bit where I’ve said there is no racism in the UK! I tell you what I’ll save you the bother. I haven’t. Not once.

Find where I have ‘dismissed’ an opinion on this thread. I tell you what I’ll save you the bother. I haven’t. Not once.

If reading this thread makes you feel uncomfortable then instead of reading between the lines and misinterpreting it and misquoting and misrepresenting it, why not just read the comments and deal with what was actually said.

Avoided this place for a while and posts like yours which are simultaneously knee-jerk and deliberately misrepresentative are one of the reasons why.

White power’ Are you pissed?

Shows the anger at police brutality and killings of innocent civilians doesn’t it if they’re prepared to gather en masse to protest.

What’s your view on the hundreds of thousands of mainly white people gathering en masse last weekend just for fun?
They’re knobheads just like the people today. Regardless of race.

Im gutted for you. But you really shouldnt be frothing up over your laptop in the first place. And as for your download I never knew Tyrone Mears was a rozzer anyway.
You must be on mushrooms to mention Tyrone Mears.. will you buy me a new laptop Pete.. you seem well off. I'm in the hood. I'll start a crowdfunding if it's got legs... paddy get a thread made about my plight

Personally I think they are ridiculous too.

Thank you Sepp. I have no problem with you disagreeing with me it’s your right to have a different view. I just don’t get how people think being rude and holding grudges is reasonable it’s arrogant is what it is.
Never seen the attraction in throwing out abuse and labels, to be honest - apart from being hurtful, I always thought it undermines your own argument.

Winky ...please find me the bit where I’ve said there is no racism in the UK! I tell you what I’ll save you the bother. I haven’t. Not once.

Find where I have ‘dismissed’ an opinion on this thread. I tell you what I’ll save you the bother. I haven’t. Not once.

If reading this thread makes you feel uncomfortable then instead of reading between the lines and misinterpreting it and misquoting and misrepresenting it, why not just read the comments and deal with what was actually said.

Avoided this place for a while and posts like yours which are simultaneously knee-jerk and deliberately misrepresentative are one of the reasons why.

White power’ Are you pissed?
No, are you? I could go back and multi quote many of your posts if you wish?

The fact you hang on to what Trevor Phillips says speaks volumes.